Black Lives Matters?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
My point is that most people don’t know what racism is and they conclude that it doesn’t exist.
Racism is the EXCUSE being used to destroy America. Now black racism has become even more ugly than white racism, but no one wants to talk about that. And Chinese racism has brought the West to its knees through Wuhan virus. The Chinese have always maintained that Westerners are barbarians, and that is simply racism.

K

kaylagrl

There’s one thing that is particularly interesting regarding BLM. How come so many white people be telling black people what BLM is, and what BLM stands for?
Because many black people also don't know who they are, or think they do but wouldn't agree if they knew what they actually stand for. Many say black lives matter and aren't thinking about a movement or an org.

The threads here are a never ending rant on how bad and evil black peoples organizations are.
Don't know about other orgs. but this one is evil, and it has an agenda.

What gives people the right to condemn others like that? Do you people ever think about how bad lashing out at the communities you don’t know anything about looks from the outside?
Not lashing out at the community. BLM has nothing to do with them. I don't condemn them, but I do condemn the BLM movement. They would too if they knew the truth.

Yet there are people here claiming to have all the answers regarding BLM and communities that aren’t all white.
No, BLM has the answers on their site. People have quoted them all over this site. In their own words.

This way of thinking comes across an ignorant way of comprehending society. You people, being the majority, can’t fathom what it’s like being a minority. You are just looking at society thinking as long as we ain’t being treated like dirt, ain’t nobody else being treated like that either. I know most of y’all mean well, but society ain’t like that seen from the perspective of the minorities.
None of which has anything to do with BLM and their agenda. I can't fathom what it would be like to survive the Holocaust either. But if I see and org. I believe is doing Jews harm I'm going to tell them about it. I don't have to be Jewish to warn them.

Even I’m white, and can’t make any credible comparison to African Americans experiences, I also know what racism is. Both my culture and language are being mocked by people from other cultures telling me “You dirty, no good, frog eating idiot”, “go drown yourself in the nearest bayou so that we don’t need to see no filthy Cajuns here”, “What’s that stupid language???”
Yes, there will always be racist people in the world,only God can change a heart. Oddly enough you and I now have an odd connection. I'm from Nova Scotia, where the French were rounded up by the Brits and shipped to "the Bayou" and other places. That's why we have want is called "Cajuns" today. There is a small church in Nova Scotia in a place called Grand Pre. There is a statue, Evangeline, in honor of the poet Longfellows poem about the expulsion of the French called Acadians, which became Cajuns of today. The poem talks about two young lovers who were separated in the expulsion and were old when they find each other again. So one side of the Evangeline statue, her face is young, on the other side she is an old woman. We learn a lot from history, at least hopefully we do. Racist is wrong, but as a Christian it's even worse to say you are a believer but are also racist. I don't believe you can be both, personally.

This is just an excerpt from what I have heard over the years. My point is that most people don’t know what racism is and they conclude that it doesn’t exist.
I'm sorry you're heard that. There has been racism since Christs time and before. Nothing but a change of heart will change it.

S

Susanna

Because many black people also don't know who they are, or think they do but wouldn't agree if they knew what they actually stand for. Many say black lives matter and aren't thinking about a movement or an org.

Don't know about other orgs. but this one is evil, and it has an agenda.

Not lashing out at the community. BLM has nothing to do with them. I don't condemn them, but I do condemn the BLM movement. They would too if they knew the truth.

No, BLM has the answers on their site. People have quoted them all over this site. In their own words.

None of which has anything to do with BLM and their agenda. I can't fathom what it would be like to survive the Holocaust either. But if I see and org. I believe is doing Jews harm I'm going to tell them about it. I don't have to be Jewish to warn them.

Yes, there will always be racist people in the world,only God can change a heart. Oddly enough you and I now have an odd connection. I'm from Nova Scotia, where the French were rounded up by the Brits and shipped to "the Bayou" and other places. That's why we have want is called "Cajuns" today. There is a small church in Nova Scotia in a place called Grand Pre. There is a statue, Evangeline, in honor of the poet Longfellows poem about the expulsion of the French called Acadians, which became Cajuns of today. The poem talks about two young lovers who were separated in the expulsion and were old when they find each other again. So one side of the Evangeline statue, her face is young, on the other side she is an old woman. We learn a lot from history, at least hopefully we do. Racist is wrong, but as a Christian it's even worse to say you are a believer but are also racist. I don't believe you can be both, personally.

I'm sorry you're heard that. There has been racism since Christs time and before. Nothing but a change of heart will change it.
This was interesting to hear about. Also, thanks for your kind words❤️.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
2019- 9 unarmed black men killed by police.

2019- 25 unarmed white men killed by police.

those are called facts. try using them sometimes.

all lives matter.
Wow. I sort of saw people saying “All lives matter” as a statement of fact (but more than that), where as people who support BLM see it as a counter argument or a diversion from black lives mattering. But what you just posted made me realize something about “All lives matter.” Both white and black people need to be unified in their opposition to police brutality, and those “bad apples” must be held accountable within their departments.

All Lives Matter is not anti BLM, it’s saying “join me in the fight against police brutality.” They share a common enemy, the “bad apples.” Those statistics are eye opening, and if All Lives Matter proponents would use them (the statistics) more people would realize All Lives Matter isn’t anti black, but anti excessive force against all citizens by bad policemen (who are defaming the whole police force and therefore should be held accountable for the sake of the public’s perception of police and safety of all).

Thanks for sharing those statistics it actually opened my eyes to how All Lives Matter should be presenting their case in respect to being allies of black people in opposing police brutality.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
There’s one thing that is particularly interesting regarding BLM. How come so many white people be telling black people what BLM is, and what BLM stands for?

The threads here are a never ending rant on how bad and evil black peoples organizations are.

What gives people the right to condemn others like that? Do you people ever think about how bad lashing out at the communities you don’t know anything about looks from the outside?

Yet there are people here claiming to have all the answers regarding BLM and communities that aren’t all white.

This way of thinking comes across an ignorant way of comprehending society. You people, being the majority, can’t fathom what it’s like being a minority. You are just looking at society thinking as long as we ain’t being treated like dirt, ain’t nobody else being treated like that either. I know most of y’all mean well, but society ain’t like that seen from the perspective of the minorities.

Even I’m white, and can’t make any credible comparison to African Americans experiences, I also know what racism is. Both my culture and language are being mocked by people from other cultures telling me “You dirty, no good, frog eating idiot”, “go drown yourself in the nearest bayou so that we don’t need to see no filthy Cajuns here”, “What’s that stupid language???”

This is just an excerpt from what I have heard over the years. My point is that most people don’t know what racism is and they conclude that it doesn’t exist.
I think BLM writes their own negative press. Our commenting on them is a matter of coarse as pertains to a racist domestic terrorist group that kill people and seek to overthrow America. I've not seen anyone "lash out" in this discussion at all black people organizations. Though it is some 16 pages in length I could have missed that. Do you have a link to a post where that happened?

Too, I think if you look around the net you'll see there are reports that there are a great many white people who align with BLM. I think it is a misnomer to presume the title, Black Lives Matter, means the organization is the exclusive domain of black people.

Just my two cents.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
One more proof that life doesn't matter to BLM members. Especially those who are armed.

That's Jessica Doty Whitaker. She was from Indiana and left behind a precious three year old son. She was twenty-four.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
That's interesting. CAIR has been allowed to bring Islam into many public schools in America. Just like Christians have...oh, wait.
The voters of Minnesota's fifth congressional district should see that. Representative Ilhan Omar is a terrorist sympathizer who supports CAIR. And has made speeches at their gatherings. One made news after she said it is the duty of every Muslim in America to raise Hell.

I don't know if there are other Muslims in Congress who have aligned with CAIR.