Blain's Testimony

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am glad you got through it Blain,the Lord is good.If I was a mean poster I would have to leave you alone.
I am not sure what you mean when you say if you were a mean poster you would have to leave me alone but God is indeed good only he could turn a past like that to his glory

Dec 17, 2016
That is very difficult to respond to because I am in shock right now. I am Almost angry at your parents and your situation, It sounds like they are lost and need saved.
Blain God will never leave you nor forsake you brother never forget that you always have God to run to.

I pray that if your mother or father that abused you are still in your life that they may be saved by your example and all of those that you know and love. Bring them to the Lord. Holy spirit touch Blain so that he may touch the lives of those around him with your presence Lord. In Jesus name. Holy Spirit take over.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
That is very difficult to respond to because I am in shock right now. I am Almost angry at your parents and your situation, It sounds like they are lost and need saved.
Blain God will never leave you nor forsake you brother never forget that you always have God to run to.

I pray that if your mother or father that abused you are still in your life that they may be saved by your example and all of those that you know and love. Bring them to the Lord. Holy spirit touch Blain so that he may touch the lives of those around him with your presence Lord. In Jesus name. Holy Spirit take over.
I have not seen them since I was taken away but I have wanted to see them for a long time. I have heard they are in prison and I have heard they are homeless neither one of these theories have been confirmed and I don't know how to get in contact with them I only know their first names but I have wanted to tell them both for the longest time that i was never mad at them and that I know they only did what they did because they themselves were hurt badly in life and I want to tell them how because of what i went through God was able to help many people so in a way they helped me to be able to do amazing things.

I only want them to know they matter and that they are cared for which is something I know they never had in life

peacenik

May 11, 2016
Blain; said:

I only want them to know they matter and that they are cared for which is something I know they never had in life

You demonstrate amazing strength of character.

Like you, I had a horrendous childhood in which I suffered tremendous amount of abuses. About a year before my mother died I told her that if I had children (I never married) and abused them half as badly as she abused me, I would spend the rest of my life in jail. Thankfully, she learned her lesson and treated her one grand child (my nephew) very well. He is today a dedicated police officer who eagerly serves the public. It is as you write, "Our love should be an overpowering burning desire to serve ..."

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You demonstrate amazing strength of character.

Like you, I had a horrendous childhood in which I suffered tremendous amount of abuses. About a year before my mother died I told her that if I had children (I never married) and abused them half as badly as she abused me, I would spend the rest of my life in jail. Thankfully, she learned her lesson and treated her one grand child (my nephew) very well. He is today a dedicated police officer who eagerly serves the public. It is as you write, "Our love should be an overpowering burning desire to serve ..."
I am sorry to hear about your abuse but I am glad you mom learned and changed i sure hope that is something my mom can do, often times abusers are the way they are because that is how they were treated growing up although it doesn't excuse what they did they are the ones who need to know the love of God the most

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Honestly, as strange as it may sound, I read your testimony from your signature just for laughs at first because Sonia is my first name (lol), but I think that you went through a lot of **** (I can't say that here...) and it's amazing how you got through all that. God bless, and amen.

Last edited:
S

Starsdance

Dear brother, parents can't give you the love, but God could give. I can't inmagine how horrible and brutal you experienced and endured in your childhood. But now I just want to Hug you,brother.:eek: Give you a big hug.

He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:3-5 NIV)

Brother, be strong, be brave,be relaxed, be peaceful and joyful! You have a dearest Father, God; and a dearest Friend, Jesus; and a dearest comfort, Holy spirit.

A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth.
In his teaching the islands will put their hope.” (Isaiah 42:3-4 NIV)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Dear brother, parents can't give you the love, but God could give. I can't inmagine how horrible and brutal you experienced and endured in your childhood. But now I just want to Hug you,brother.:eek: Give you a big hug.

He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:3-5 NIV)

Brother, be strong, be brave,be relaxed, be peaceful and joyful! You have a dearest Father, God; and a dearest Friend, Jesus; and a dearest comfort, Holy spirit.

A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth.
In his teaching the islands will put their hope.” (Isaiah 42:3-4 NIV)

very true and very wise ty for your kind words :)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I have not seen them since I was taken away but I have wanted to see them for a long time. I have heard they are in prison and I have heard they are homeless neither one of these theories have been confirmed and I don't know how to get in contact with them I only know their first names but I have wanted to tell them both for the longest time that i was never mad at them and that I know they only did what they did because they themselves were hurt badly in life and I want to tell them how because of what i went through God was able to help many people so in a way they helped me to be able to do amazing things.

Luke 23:32 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

You have modeled Jesus, right up until the end.

I don't know about the physical and mental damage, but your spirit is 1000% whole!

T

TemporaryCircumstances

Honestly, as strange as it may sound, I read your testimony from your signature just for laughs at first because Sonia is my first name (lol), but I think that you went through a lot of **** (I can't say that here...) and it's amazing how you got through all that. God bless, and amen.
Yep he got through all of it and became a blessing to all of us

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Luke 23:32 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

You have modeled Jesus, right up until the end.

I don't know about the physical and mental damage, but your spirit is 1000% whole!
Physically and mentally yes I am damaged in fact I honestly am starting to think that i really can never make it on my own as if I am just not made to function in this world at all on my own, but I have always pondered if perhaps this is exactly how it was supposed to be maybe I was made weak in this world so I might be strong in his.

Lately I have really been stressing about money and about making more of myself and my friend Andrew says I am not going anywhere in life and that I need to get a career and not be on cc all the time ( he really hates me being on cc) basically he said I have no future and I haven't grown at all in the past two years. This got me worried and I have been stressing about my future and about a job and a career but anything I try I either don't have the skills or it's to much for my mind to handle and I was going into a deep depression.

But then as I was going on my walk where God and I always talk I thought of something, when I am on cc or just spending time with God and living life how my heart has always lead me to i am full of joy and peace there's life in me and my heart somehow instinctively knows the way to go I just know that God and i are on the path we are to go, but when I am thinking about jobs money and basically making it in this world like everyone else i am full of stress worry uncertainty and other things that make everything so hard.

I then remembered that the fruits of the spirit are joy peace and love and these fruits are very abundant in me when I live life as my heart leads me even if I appear to be going nowhere not maturing and not having a future in others eyes and maybe I'm not perhaps instead God wants me to be going somewhere in his world having a future his way not the worlds ways. besides the only thing I am truly good at is helping people and speaking with people here on cc, it's here that God teaches me the most it's here I have seen him use me the most and it's here that his heart is shown the most through me

Nov 29, 2016
Blain, you have such a kind, honest, humble and loving heart. You have truly inspired me and many others on CC. You are so strong and brave to forgive your parents for the way they treated you. And it really doesn't matter what other people say or think in regards to your future because your story's been written by God. They can't see what God sees. They have no idea of just how awesome, big, and capable God is. He will continue to use you mightily to help others and share His light. Keep walking with God and in His fruits of His spirit and your journey will continue to be abundantly blessed!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
the only thing I am truly good at is helping people and speaking with people here on cc, it's here that God teaches me the most
Your office, gift, and heart line you up perfectly to be one who helps and speaks to people. Perhaps you are here to learn and hone your 'skills', for use among live people when the time comes. I can totally see you in some kind of counseling and encouragement ministry. Don't pray to find a job you have no skills for. Pray for a position that best uses the skills you have.

student

Jul 20, 2010
Physically and mentally yes I am damaged in fact I honestly am starting to think that i really can never make it on my own as if I am just not made to function in this world at all on my own, but I have always pondered if perhaps this is exactly how it was supposed to be maybe I was made weak in this world so I might be strong in his."

“Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him" Book of Job. Blain, you are correct. When we are weak, then we are strong. And stronger still in the days to come after this life. Criticism from others need not hinder our own growth. I've lived a painful life as well and don't have a career at this point though I've had much schooling. Better still, I've learned 'from God". What I have lost hurts. What I have gained cannot be measured by the human scales. You are a blessing to others here and an inspiration. Know you are loved of God and man. Be blessed and thank you. -student

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
you all are so kind and I am very blessed to have people like you in my life. Things have been so very hard for me lately and I tend to be completely blind to anything good about myself. I will not lie I very much needed all that you have said because I have been very down as of late, normally I like to be the one who gives encouragement to others as I don't like to be the center of attention but even the strongest of warriors of a breaking point and if they have no one to help them back up they may never get back up again

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
you all are so kind and I am very blessed to have people like you in my life. Things have been so very hard for me lately and I tend to be completely blind to anything good about myself. I will not lie I very much needed all that you have said because I have been very down as of late, normally I like to be the one who gives encouragement to others as I don't like to be the center of attention but even the strongest of warriors of a breaking point and if they have no one to help them back up they may never get back up again
There's an interesting thing about tongues (not prophesy). It is the only gift Paul wished we would all do, yet he also said it was the least of the gifts. Consider ... every other gift goes thru us to edify someone else. Tongues is the only gift that edifies the doer. Now, Paul said that in our seeking gifts we should seek those that edify others first. And that pretty much encompasses all of them ... all except the one that edifies ourselves. Which is the one he said we all really ought to be doing.

God says we are to give and give until death, but He realizes that it will be unto a quick death if we don't get a little recharge now and then. Tongues is the gift that edifies ourselves ... it is the recharge gift, the one you use after you drain yourself helping others with the prophesy and healing and wisdom and such. It is the one we plug into to refill the tanks after a long day, so that we might be fresh and new for the day to come.

This world is and always will be wearisome. Especially when we are charged with putting on the armor and fighting the fight every single day whether we want to or not. But God doesn't leave us without a way to recharge. But like all the other gifts, it is up to us to seek it.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
There's an interesting thing about tongues (not prophesy). It is the only gift Paul wished we would all do, yet he also said it was the least of the gifts. Consider ... every other gift goes thru us to edify someone else. Tongues is the only gift that edifies the doer. Now, Paul said that in our seeking gifts we should seek those that edify others first. And that pretty much encompasses all of them ... all except the one that edifies ourselves. Which is the one he said we all really ought to be doing.

God says we are to give and give until death, but He realizes that it will be unto a quick death if we don't get a little recharge now and then. Tongues is the gift that edifies ourselves ... it is the recharge gift, the one you use after you drain yourself helping others with the prophesy and healing and wisdom and such. It is the one we plug into to refill the tanks after a long day, so that we might be fresh and new for the day to come.

This world is and always will be wearisome. Especially when we are charged with putting on the armor and fighting the fight every single day whether we want to or not. But God doesn't leave us without a way to recharge. But like all the other gifts, it is up to us to seek it.
I am not really interested in tongues the gift I seek more than any other is the gift of healing