The Lord speaks to us through our spirit. It is also refereed to as the inner witness or the small voice from within. It is extremely rare that we will hear the audible voice of God so I would caution you to be careful as the devil is a counterfeiter.
Here is what I would do. I would take a neutral stand. Ask The Lord to confirm to you by His Spirit if this voice is from Him. ask him to confirm it twice in different ways to be sure. Ask Him if the voice is from Him to stop until you get confirmation as you will not listen or respond until you get His ok. The Lord tells us in 1John 4-1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. At that point you wait on the Lord regardless of how long it takes.
In the interim if you still hear the voice after you have prayed take authority over it In Jesus Name and tell it to go away.
Pick up your Bible and open it to Luke 10-19 and firmly read the verse, say it this way
"It is written in Luke 10-19 behold I give to you the authority to trad on the serpent and on the scorpions and over all the authority of the enemy and NOTHING shall by any means hurt you, therefor you devils are subject to me in Jesus name and it is in Jesus Mighty name that I commend you to go and forbid to come back. AMEN.
The Holy Spirit is gentle and leads us He does not push us or bully us. if it is God He will stop speaking to you and confirm it first.
If you need any more help you can email me on
[email protected] I live in Australia and this subject is part of my moinistry.
God Bless you and I pray for you right now that The Holy Spirit will guide you in to the truth and I bind the devil in the nmae of Jesus from deceiving you.