Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Joe guilty of blaspheme?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • It's not clear

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • It doesn't apply

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
You need to read his book "Bitten by Demons." In the 80's, lester would go to Africa and many other places he had missions teams. Specifically, when these mission teams would see something that no one could explain, or had an idea but wanted Lester to make the call.

Bitten by Demons, is about a young teenager who was demonically possessed. And when the missionaries would pray to cast the demons out, physical bite marks on his body would appear. They were even filming it live as this would take place. You could just sense the very presence of evil from just watching the film. Finally, they called in Lester, a TONGUE SPEAKER and great Warrior of God with expertise knowledge of the WORD.

At first, Lester watched how the missionaries were trying to free this young man of his hundreds of demons. For the next few days, Lester backed everyone off from attempting to cast the demons out. He sat with the young man day and night with film running 24/7. During this period, Lester encountered several demons who they have on film revealing their names. Lester noticed, while probing the demons, he would see from the inside out where these demons were biting this young man over and over. you could see the skin rise, like it was being forced from the body, in the shape of a full mouth and set of teeth biting down on the young man's flesh. The young man had bruises all over in the shape of someone being literally bitten. After getting enough notes and watching all he wanted see, Lester and the missionaries finally did cast the demons out.

But indeed, Lester was a great example for someone like me. I knew then spiritual warfare was just not praying for Grandma to get better. It was about an actual invisible entity I would not be able to physically see. I could see what these entities would do, but I could not see the body of the entity itself while doing it, only would see the results. His experiences have always remained in my mind when I deal with the enemy. I thank God for him!!
Have you heard of Sun and Larry Fannin? They are in Greenville, Indiana, not far from Indianapolis. Very strong on intercession and warfare. I've been to two conferences but was some time ago. The conferences are powerful.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Have you heard of Sun and Larry Fannin? They are in Greenville, Indiana, not far from Indianapolis. Very strong on intercession and warfare. I've been to two conferences but was some time ago. The conferences are powerful.

No I have not. But I am definitely going to look into them. Thanks for the tip :)

R

rubberball

Acts may not be a finished book but revelation is. The church is still on the planet but that does not mean the Holy Spirit is going to contradict what is already written or give new revelation. Every experience must be measured by the Scripture given the Holy Spirit. Using the book of Acts isnt finished argument will open the door to false teaching and experiences. No where in Scripture do you find God 'hugging' people. Does God loves us. Absolutely. His love is demonstrated on the cross not in a hug. Remember Judas kissed the Lord on the cheek. Its the same taking passages out of context that has given rise to the 'drunk in the spirit' idea and 'slain in the spirit' teaching.
Of course everyone is free to believe and do as they please. Its just hard to watch the violence done to Gods word in the name of some of these things.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Acts may not be a finished book but revelation is. The church is still on the planet but that does not mean the Holy Spirit is going to contradict what is already written or give new revelation. Every experience must be measured by the Scripture given the Holy Spirit. Using the book of Acts isnt finished argument will open the door to false teaching and experiences. No where in Scripture do you find God 'hugging' people. Does God loves us. Absolutely. His love is demonstrated on the cross not in a hug. Remember Judas kissed the Lord on the cheek. Its the same taking passages out of context that has given rise to the 'drunk in the spirit' idea and 'slain in the spirit' teaching.
Of course everyone is free to believe and do as they please. Its just hard to watch the violence done to Gods word in the name of some of these things.
So, some things here I agree with and other things I do not agree with you on. While I have not read about Jesus hugging people in Scripture , however Jesus did gather the little children in his arms and blessed them. It is true that God demonstrated his love in Christ through the cross. However hugs are also another way to show love. Sometimes in prayer one may feel something like a comforting warmth around them. Experiences like these are not the same as Scripture though it does get me wondering if it is the Lord's presence or something else. I believe at times these experience could be from the Lord or it could be a different reason.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Do you really think the devil could comfort a child of God? Here's a difference that I see with those baptized in Holy Spirit and those not yet. The Oneness with God.

And, I actually believe I witnessed blasphemy of Holy Spirit in a movie I was watching called Don't Blink.

It shook me that someone could of spoken as this actor did and it was against Holy Spirit. I won't repeat it and I don't want to think about it.

Feb 28, 2016
I, the wife, was once worldly-married to a satanic-blasphemer' -
most of what I could post would be refuted and denied, but that's OK -
it's REAL, I know it because I experienced it, and others know it because
they have 'witnessed' it and are brave enough to say and acknowledge it -
but, it mostly goes 'un-said'...

we pray every day for our Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus, because we Love them
and know where they are and where they are going...
:):)

U

UnderGrace

I, the wife, was once worldly-married to a satanic-blasphemer' -
most of what I could post would be refuted and denied, but that's OK -
it's REAL, I know it because I experienced it, and others know it because
they have 'witnessed' it and are brave enough to say and acknowledge it -
but, it mostly goes 'un-said'...

we pray every day for our Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus, because we Love them
and know where they are and where they are going...
:):)
Yes I agree, Satan is the master deceiver and transforms himself into an angel of light.
It is good to pray, we live in perilous times.

R

rubberball

So, some things here I agree with and other things I do not agree with you on. While I have not read about Jesus hugging people in Scripture , however Jesus did gather the little children in his arms and blessed them. It is true that God demonstrated his love in Christ through the cross. However hugs are also another way to show love. Sometimes in prayer one may feel something like a comforting warmth around them. Experiences like these are not the same as Scripture though it does get me wondering if it is the Lord's presence or something else. I believe at times these experience could be from the Lord or it could be a different reason.
So we take a Scripture about Jesus gathering little children in his arms and blessing them and we somehow make that mean God hugs us? I like hugs. I'm sure you like hugs. The issue isn't God loving us. That is not a subject of debate. You may have had the experience of being hugged. I am not going to debate your experience. I'm simply saying it doesn't appear in Scripture. Experiences are subjective. The Bible is objective. Aside from the Scripture what do we use to gauge whether an experience is from God? Do we gauge it by the amount of goose bumps we feel? Do we gauge the experience by the warmth we feel? What is the standard to judge the experience if not Scripture? As an old preacher said, 'if it aint in that blessed book. I aint buying it.'

CherieR

May 6, 2017
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Do you really think the devil could comfort a child of God? Here's a difference that I see with those baptized in Holy Spirit and those not yet. The Oneness with God.

And, I actually believe I witnessed blasphemy of Holy Spirit in a movie I was watching called Don't Blink.

It shook me that someone could of spoken as this actor did and it was against Holy Spirit. I won't repeat it and I don't want to think about it.
The devil would not even want to comfort a child of God. He just wants to deceive and cause destruction etc.

I have looked up online about feeling warmth during prayer. Apparently many have felt warmth or other feelings in prayer. Some people have felt sensations during meditation too. Some things people may feel during prayer or meditation may involve just natural processes such as when someone is feeling relaxed. At other times, however, there may be more going on than just physical and natural process. One moment in my life in particular I just don't see a way to explain it only by natural means.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
So we take a Scripture about Jesus gathering little children in his arms and blessing them and we somehow make that mean God hugs us? I like hugs. I'm sure you like hugs. The issue isn't God loving us. That is not a subject of debate. You may have had the experience of being hugged. I am not going to debate your experience. I'm simply saying it doesn't appear in Scripture. Experiences are subjective. The Bible is objective. Aside from the Scripture what do we use to gauge whether an experience is from God? Do we gauge it by the amount of goose bumps we feel? Do we gauge the experience by the warmth we feel? What is the standard to judge the experience if not Scripture? As an old preacher said, 'if it aint in that blessed book. I aint buying it.'
Yes experiences can be subjective. That was my point that you don't know either way. I may wonder if a sensation of warmth is a hug from God or something else. You cannot prove it either way. Jesus gathering children in his arms in one example of his affection. There are other examples of God's affection in the Old Testament and New. While I have not read about Jesus hugging someone, it is hard to imagine him never giving a hug to someone while on earth. So, I do believe Jesus did give some hugs while on earth... Now as for what one may feel during prayer, I would say maybe.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Yes experiences can be subjective. That was my point that you don't know either way. I may wonder if a sensation of warmth is a hug from God or something else. You cannot prove it either way. Jesus gathering children in his arms in one example of his affection. There are other examples of God's affection in the Old Testament and New. While I have not read about Jesus hugging someone, it is hard to imagine him never giving a hug to someone while on earth. So, I do believe Jesus did give some hugs while on earth... Now as for what one may feel during prayer, I would say maybe.
Did you know hugging is just a western world thing and not a global one? The god of the western world is not the one true God.

Mar 28, 2016
Amen one standard, as it is written.

In Mathew 4. Three times Christ proclaimed "as it is written". and the lying illusionist as the god of experience Satan fled.

God uses children to show us who think we are adults our childish manner of spirit. Men who look to the temporal seen and not what it speaks of debate and play "who is the greatest". It would seem that Jesus used object lesson in that way .Three times the apostles were led away to who is the greatest in order to display the manner of spirit that comes by walking by sight. .

As you said: Experiences are subjective and if I could add, subject in respect to the "manner of spirit".

Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men. But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying. Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be "greatest". And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great. And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us. And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what "manner of spirit" ye are of. Luke 9:44-55

R

rubberball

The word feeling is used only twice in the NT. Once in Eph. 4:19 and once in Hebrew 4:15. (KJV, other translation may use a different word) In Eph. 4:19 the word feeling is used to describe those who are so hardened they are no longer pricked in their conscious about their sin. The second use of the word feeling describes the sympathies Jesus has for us. Gauging our experiences by 'feelings' is not Biblical. We are to walk by faith not by feelings.
If we have an experience and we dont know where it came from, isnt that treading on dangerous ground? If I am not certain an experience is from God, I should not want to have it. The only way I can be sure is to gauge it by Scripture. If it isn't Scriptural then I believe is should be rejected.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Did you know hugging is just a western world thing and not a global one? The god of the western world is not the one true God.
When Jacob came back and met with Esau his brother in Genesis, Esau ran to meet him, embraced him, fell on his neck and kissed him( Genesis 33:4). In Jesus parable of the prodigal son, the father on seeing his son coming back runs to his son, fell on his neck and kissed him( Luke 16:20). Being embraced by another is not just a western concept. It is in the bible. I don't know what you mean by " god of the western world"... There is only one God and he is Lord over the whole world.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
When Jacob came back and met with Esau his brother in Genesis, Esau ran to meet him, embraced him, fell on his neck and kissed him( Genesis 33:4). In Jesus parable of the prodigal son, the father on seeing his son coming back runs to his son, fell on his neck and kissed him( Luke 16:20). Being embraced by another is not just a western concept. It is in the bible. I don't know what you mean by " god of the western world"... There is only one God and he is Lord over the whole world.
Oooh, what next, God will also kiss people's neck because it is in the bible?
Kissing and hugging is a sign of affection for other cultures but not for many other cultures. What i was trying to say, do not limit God to your culture. When talking about God always put on a global view because God created the heavens and earth, not some cultures.

When talking about tongues, think of those without the organ tongue or those without the ability to speak too.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
The word feeling is used only twice in the NT. Once in Eph. 4:19 and once in Hebrew 4:15. (KJV, other translation may use a different word) In Eph. 4:19 the word feeling is used to describe those who are so hardened they are no longer pricked in their conscious about their sin. The second use of the word feeling describes the sympathies Jesus has for us. Gauging our experiences by 'feelings' is not Biblical. We are to walk by faith not by feelings.
If we have an experience and we dont know where it came from, isnt that treading on dangerous ground? If I am not certain an experience is from God, I should not want to have it. The only way I can be sure is to gauge it by Scripture. If it isn't Scriptural then I believe is should be rejected.
It is good to walk by faith and not by feelings but at times can be hard to do. For example, I can get anxious easily but walking by faith pushes past the anxiety and keeps going instead of letting fear get to you. Experiences in prayer such as a warm feeling around oneself may feel nice in that moment but it is just not something to seek after and strive on having. It is good to seek God and not warm sensations.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
If something touches you when you are alone, how do you come to the conclusion that it was God? even if you felt warmness.
This is quite the opposite with Jesus when crowds were pressing against each other and He asked who touched Him when the lady with bleeding problems touched the hem of his cloth. His disciples thought he was crazy.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Oooh, what next, God will also kiss people's neck because it is in the bible?
Kissing and hugging is a sign of affection for other cultures but not for many other cultures. What i was trying to say, do not limit God to your culture. When talking about God always put on a global view because God created the heavens and earth, not some cultures.

When talking about tongues, think of those without the organ tongue or those without the ability to speak too.
I was not saying God kisses people's necks. I was saying being embraced is not just something done in the western world. People in the bible also embraced each other such as in the case of Jacob and Esau.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
I was not saying God kisses people's necks. I was saying being embraced is not just something done in the western world. People in the bible also embraced each other such as in the case of Jacob and Esau.
And i'm saying, embracing to show affection is not a globally accepted practice.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
If something touches you when you are alone, how do you come to the conclusion that it was God? even if you felt warmness.
This is quite the opposite with Jesus when crowds were pressing against each other and He asked who touched Him when the lady with bleeding problems touched the hem of his cloth. His disciples thought he was crazy.
When it comes to feelings of warmth during prayer I don't come to the conclusion that it is definitely God. I would not know for sure either way. The warm feeling may feel good but it is best not to seek after those feelings. Faith is founded on something much stronger. Faith is founded on God's word.