Blessings to all from South Australia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
Good bless you too, and may Jesus walk with you and your family 😃

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Thankyou very much. And may the

I would like to share something with you from a prophet in our church. It sums up my personal belief about different denominations and different religions altogether.

"Members of all faiths are equal before God. God rules over each faith just like a sovereign over his kingdom. In the world, all religions are not the same because all people have not complied with the commandments of God. They reject and disparage them."

Especially that first line. I believe we're all equal before God. That and following his commandments are what is of importance. Therefore denomination does not matter. Our love and obedience to Jesus is what matters and furthermore it makes us all equals.

So in a nutshell, yes Catholics have different viewpoints on some things and 'extra' beliefs in other areas, but before God we're the same as you and every other Christian.
I was a Christian for 30 years. I no longer am.
But my entire 30 years I saw Catholic as something other than a denomination. As do many here. So using the denomination argument won't be effective. Because that starts from the point of view that those you're talking with see Catholic as Christian.

I stopped believing in modern prophets after a few years of being a Christian. So someone using that as a reference point gains zero ground with me.

I can already see the attempt to defend Catholicism and connect it with Christian. I've never understood Catholics desperate need to align themselves with people who reject them.
Most Catholics I see come to this site follow such a similar pattern its almost too much of a coincidence.
Hi, I'm Catholic, I'm not here to argue.
Even if told early on the sites general view on Catholicism, Within a very short time they begin arguing. Vehemently. Trying to convince people on this site that Catholic and Christian are the same.
When that doesn't work they change gears and go on the attack Against the very people they tried to align themselves with.
Since I'm already seeing a defense and attempt to change my mind, early on, I'm moving along as it's not a subject I have interest debating.

My point in my first post to you was simply to alert you of what to expect. Not to engage on the subject. If you want to join the arguments head to the Bible Discussion Forum. And even some in the Conspiracy forums.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
I was a Christian for 30 years. I no longer am.
But my entire 30 years I saw Catholic as something other than a denomination. As do many here. So using the denomination argument won't be effective. Because that starts from the point of view that those you're talking with see Catholic as Christian.

I stopped believing in modern prophets after a few years of being a Christian. So someone using that as a reference point gains zero ground with me.

I can already see the attempt to defend Catholicism and connect it with Christian. I've never understood Catholics desperate need to align themselves with people who reject them.
Most Catholics I see come to this site follow such a similar pattern its almost too much of a coincidence.
Hi, I'm Catholic, I'm not here to argue.
Even if told early on the sites general view on Catholicism, Within a very short time they begin arguing. Vehemently. Trying to convince people on this site that Catholic and Christian are the same.
When that doesn't work they change gears and go on the attack Against the very people they tried to align themselves with.
Since I'm already seeing a defense and attempt to change my mind, early on, I'm moving along as it's not a subject I have interest debating.

My point in my first post to you was simply to alert you of what to expect. Not to engage on the subject. If you want to join the arguments head to the Bible Discussion Forum. And even some in the Conspiracy forums.
I'm sorry that you feel that way.

I'm here to learn and share. I want to learn other people's beliefs and viewpoints and I will share mine.

I genuinely believe that faith is a matter of conscience and I'm not going to judge someone if we disagree on a subject. I'd much rather focus on what we have in common, because at the end of the day heaven is a big place and there's room for everyone who accepts and loves Jesus.

I'm also totally okay with you saying you don't believe anymore. I too was in that category for decades.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Thankyou very much. And may the

I would like to share something with you from a prophet in our church. It sums up my personal belief about different denominations and different religions altogether.

"Members of all faiths are equal before God. God rules over each faith just like a sovereign over his kingdom. In the world, all religions are not the same because all people have not complied with the commandments of God. They reject and disparage them."

Especially that first line. I believe we're all equal before God. That and following his commandments are what is of importance. Therefore denomination does not matter. Our love and obedience to Jesus is what matters and furthermore it makes us all equals.

So in a nutshell, yes Catholics have different viewpoints on some things and 'extra' beliefs in other areas, but before God we're the same as you and every other Christian.
I have to disagree with you. God does not view Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists etc the same as those who are born again. Doing the "right" thing does not save people. If it did, Jesus died in vain.

There is a fundamental distinction that has nothing to do with behaviour. God looks to see if a person is alive or dead. If an individual is alive in Christ, then he/she is acceptable to God. If that individual is not alive in Christ, then God rejects them.

The Bible is crystal clear on this issue. We do unbelievers a great disservice if we do not point this out to them. In some countries, proclaiming Christ can be a death sentence. But there are believers willing to risk that in order to save a lost soul.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
I have to disagree with you. God does not view Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists etc the same as those who are born again. Doing the "right" thing does not save people. If it did, Jesus died in vain.

There is a fundamental distinction that has nothing to do with behaviour. God looks to see if a person is alive or dead. If an individual is alive in Christ, then he/she is acceptable to God. If that individual is not alive in Christ, then God rejects them.

The Bible is crystal clear on this issue. We do unbelievers a great disservice if we do not point this out to them. In some countries, proclaiming Christ can be a death sentence. But there are believers willing to risk that in order to save a lost soul.
That's not what is being said.

You are correct in that Christ is the key and without him there is no salvation. That is what the bit about living within God's commandments is about. Jesus is the new and everlasting covenant and without acceptance of him salvation cannot happen.

But, God hears all prayers and believe me, he sends messengers in the form of his son and others, just like he did in the old testament to those that seek him out. The testimonies of how people from other religions came to accept Jesus are some of the most powerful and heart warming stories I have ever heard.

That is what is meant by we are all equal before God - if you are from another religion and you truly seek him, he will hear you and he will send the truth to you.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Hi, I'm a new member here. I'm Catholic (please don't hate on me for that) and like any Christian, I love our risen Lord Jesus, I read the bible, I pray and I enjoy fellowship with anyone who loves God.
It's a good job you're ozzy, you can take a bit of stick :LOL: My dad was Catholic [well steeped ... pickled] but he was saved, I 'spect to see him in heaven.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi, I'm a new member here. I'm Catholic (please don't hate on me for that) and like any Christian, I love our risen Lord Jesus, I read the bible, I pray and I enjoy fellowship with anyone who loves God.
Jesus loves you, Mark! No matter whether you are are a Catholic, or an Oyster, or a Frosted Flake.:giggle: So glad you are my brother!:):coffee:

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
It's a good job you're ozzy, you can take a bit of stick :LOL: My dad was Catholic [well steeped ... pickled] but he was saved, I 'spect to see him in heaven.
Haha, well not completely Aussie - New Zealander by birth, but have lived here for 15 years. Believe me, on the list of things I worry about in life, being Catholic is definitely not one of them ;)

May Jesus be in your heart always

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
Jesus loves you, Mark! No matter whether you are are a Catholic, or an Oyster, or a Frosted Flake.:giggle: So glad you are my brother!:):coffee:
Thankyou, that made my day!

May our risen Lord Jesus walk with you always.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
What a glorious collection of praise and worship! Thanks so much for posting that 😃

And may the love of our risen Lord Jesus Christ be in your heart always.

And I'd like to share a little prayer with you, given you us at Fatima to pray for the Salvation of all souls.

Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins,
Save us from the fires of hell.
Lead all souls to heaven,
Especially those most in need of your mercy.