Blind Dates

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EhMan

sounds like a match made in heaven!

A

ak_82

Ok, so my experience with blind dating has been not so great. In college, I got a phone call from my parents with news that took me by surprise. Our former interim pastor and his wife had a "man" for me. They had both been secretly praying about us being together, and then one of them told the other, and they were like, "Woah! This has to be a God thing!!". So, they prayed for awhile longer and then felt God was leading them to talk to my parents about it. My parents were excited, because they totally trusted this couple and the guy sounded like he would be a good "match" for me. So...They called me and asked if I would be interested in talking with him and possibly meeting him. I consented, with a nervous excitement. Long story short, we talked once or twice on the phone and then he came into town and we met. The rest of the night...I just knew that he was not for me-our personalities did not mesh, Ihad to pretty much drag out any type of conversation out of him, and to be honest was just not attracted to him. And yet I just felt so weird about it and almost convicted-how could this be after so much prayer from two God-fearing people? After dinner, he asked me if we could hang out some more. I wanted to give it a chance, so I suggested bowling. He loosened up a little while we were bowling, but still...The chemistry just wasn't there for me. Like, at all. After we finished bowling, we said good night and he asked if he could see me again. I told him "yes" because honestly, I wanted to see if maybe, just maybe this would work. He called me soon after that and as soon as I saw it was his number, I panicked and couldn't answer his call. He left no voicemail...But called a few days later, but I was busy so didn't get to the phone in time. No voicemail. I called him back, and no answer. That was the last we "communicated." It is a story that still baffles my mind. I still don't understand why it all happened-what God's purpose was in it. So, yeah. Not a big fan of blind dates...