Blood pressure

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

I'm just curious if anyone has used natural remedies (diet/exercise/vitamins etc) to help lower/control blood pressure?
What have you used?
What have been the results (please share + & - )
Thanks

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Natural blood pressure remedies?

I changed girlfriends...
that seemed to help.

G

Godsgirl83

nope......
can't get rid of hub & kids.........
next.............

Aug 1, 2020
Use Lecithin, and Flaxseed. I was able to cut my blood pressure pill in half and improve my readings. I'm working to get off the bp pill completely.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
* Exercise
* Loose weight
* Consume less sugars, refined carbs, salt and processed food
* Consume more potassium, and high protein food
* Stop smoking
* Reduce stress levels
* Try meditation
* Sleep well
* Drink less alcohol and caffeine
* Try these medicinal herbs
  • black bean (Castanospermum australe)
  • cat’s claw (Uncaria rhynchophylla)
  • celery juice (Apium graveolens)
  • Chinese hawthorn (Crataegus pinnatifida)
  • ginger root
  • giant dodder (Cuscuta reflexa)
  • Indian plantago (blond psyllium)
  • maritime pine bark (Pinus pinaster)
  • river lily (Crinum glaucum)
  • roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
  • sesame oil (Sesamum indicum)
  • tomato extract (Lycopersicon esculentum)
  • tea (Camellia sinensis), especially green tea and oolong tea
  • umbrella tree bark (Musanga cecropioides)
Good Luck

Skovand

Aug 17, 2020
Southeastern USA
I did and do but mine was not high. Though there is some debate we can still mostly see that high blood pressure is a byproduct of diet and lifestyle. Though their are outliers from medication, mutations, and accidents the majority seems come from diets high in saturated fat, lots of processed oils, and usually it seems like too many calories, to much meat, salt and not enough fruits, vegetables, and exercise are the causes.

So one thing that can help is limiting meat to just a few meals a week, and eating a lot more fruits and vegetables. Use less salt and oil. Start walking or jogging everyday even if it’s just a little bit. Get good sleep, drink plenty of water, and learn emotional control to avoid being too stressed. Look at some of the things that cause excessive stress and begin to remove it out of your life.

I know these things are all common sense but the reality is that it usually stops there and many never go beyond that to actually practicing these things as a habit.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
My dad keeps blood pressure and cholesterol in check with regular physical activity (jogging) and watching what he eats. He cooks almost every day. A lot of cooked vegetables and a bit of meat, fish once or twice a week, less salt because so many foods have additional salt snuck in, no processed meats, some fruit, plenty of liquid - he also eats homemade soups, very little coffee, no fried food, no junk.

Green Mediterranean spices like oregano or basil, mustard, garlic, sesame, lemon, allspice, nutmeg, and many many other herbs, are just some ideas how to give more flavor to your food without slathering it in salt, which was his initial problem, he craved salt and was always adding it. This isn't a sprint it's a marathon, so you don't want to be bored with hospital food. If you crave salt, I suggest switching to Himalayan pink salt and see what that does for you. I used to, instead of salting my food, I'd literally dip food into salt, while others watched me in horror. Switching to Himalayan curbed the salt craving significantly, probably because it has 84 minerals.

Excess weight will put additional strain on the heart and leads to the high bp of and in itself. Overwork, smoking, snoring (which is exacerbated in the overweight), all elevate blood pressure. And this isn't just magazine preachy advice, I know this first hand from watching my dad. Lifestyle is very important. He's in great health now when he's paying attention to it and taking care of himself.

Jan 25, 2015
At 28 yo the doctor told me I need blood pressure medication. My dad is taking them and I thought to myself, surely this can't be normal? How is it possible to start taking these pills at such a young age? I asked the doc if there is no natural way to reduce my blood pressure and he said "No, drink the medication".

After drinking one pill I stopped and since then made subtle changes to my diet, stop drinking beer and bobs your uncle. Blood pressure down, cholesterol down and normal.

There is a book written by Dr Michelle Strydom (link below). She is a medical doctor and asked God why people are dying of illnesses when they are Christians. God started to speak to her and she wrote a book that is free to download of the internet. If you are ready for a blue pill, red pill experience (The Matrix people!). Download and read. It is crazy what we as Christians put ourselves through without even knowing it.

https://www.thelife-youwant.com/wp-.../healing-begins-dr-mk-strydom-2nd-edition.pdf