blood transfusions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

There is a big difference between eat, drink or take it intravenous. Because to give blood intravenous .. you give some from your life that they will life. And there is no love higher than give something else from you, that an other can live. When you eat or drink blood.. you take the life.. for your live.. But it never gave you live.
I agree, There is a huge difference from taking the life of anyone or thing, and drinking its blood. And someone offering their blood to give you life. I can't see God condemning this.

Jul 30, 2010
There is a big difference between eat, drink or take it intravenous. Because to give blood intravenous .. you give some from your life that they will life. And there is no love higher than give something else from you, that an other can live. When you eat or drink blood.. you take the life.. for your live.. But it never gave you live.
[/QUOTE]Hi Dutch. Thanks for your comment. This is how I'm looking at it.
Christ gave his life so that we could have life - salvation which is eternal life. He didn't die so that we could live a little longer on this earth.

When we give blood, does the recipient recieve salvation, eternal life?

D

Dutch41

[/QUOTE]Hi Dutch. Thanks for your comment. This is how I'm looking at it.
Christ gave his life so that we could have life - salvation which is eternal life. He didn't die so that we could live a little longer on this earth.

When we give blood, does the recipient recieve salvation, eternal life?
No, only if he take the bloodoffer of Jesus... He will get salvation. The person got his own will. A person doesn't loose his salvation too.. if he has Jesus as His saviour and he got the blood from a person who didn't know God.

The Bible is clear about this. A little story...

My papa comes from Indonesia, my mother is from Europe.. (Holland).. and both got the blood O positive. But when I was born.. it never happen before... but my father got the Asian form of O positive.. and my mother the Europe form.. and it doesn't matched. So.. the doctors didn't know what was happen.. it never happen before.. or, they never saw it.. And when I was a month old.. they decide that I got the blood of my mother... so I could survive. And happy for her.. it matched.

Christ gave indeed His life so we can live. Actually we get eternal life. It is gate to the Father. When I remember the story about the merciful Samaritan, he helped the Jew and the cost where paid for the care and medicine.

Jul 30, 2010
I agree, There is a huge difference from taking the life of anyone or thing, and drinking its blood. And someone offering their blood to give you life. I can't see God condemning this.

[/QUOTE] Hi EG. To save someones life is a great thing, that I agree. Who wouldnt run in front of a bus to save a child, or jump off a bridge to save someone drowning, or free someone from a burning car about to blow up? (well not everyone would do this) but someone who would really put anothers life before themselves would.

First l anylised the importance of blood and what it means to God. It is sacred and belongs to him. In the OT God says to not eat it. He repeats it over and over. In the NT he just says to stay away from blood. No explaination whatsoever. He doesn't mention anything about not eating it, but just commands us to stay away from it, and from things strangled. Not much detail there. The commandment changes..it gets more general or vague should I say.

Acts 21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Do you think that God being all knowing could see that people were going to get a death sentence (aids) for the sake of saving their own lives, or that junkies were going to contract diseases from sharing needles because of the minute blood particle on the syringe? Aids is not really talked about much now, no big deal, plus they can screen the blood before they give it to the donor. Junkies know better as well and can take precautions...So has man outsmarted God?

I have a real bad feeling about blood transfusions. I always have. Only from what the scriptures say. I had to make this choice. I was prepared to die to not go against God. No one told me to do that. This strength came out of no-where. Call me foolish, but something in me was so strong that day. And guess what, I made it through. I put my life in God's hands. I am not against doctors or medicine or anything like that. Just blood. I took a lot longer to heal but i think it was the right choice. In the end I ABSTAINED from blood. Human blood. More precious than animals blood. Praise the Lord, for his mercy, but if I had died for his sake..for not wanting to go against him then would this be held against me? Would it be a life wasted or a soul saved? It was all for him. not me. I believe he guided me to not take the blood...And my baby that was dying..well she lived. Gods mercy.

Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Doctors can use other things as a substitute for blood in some cases. Think twice before you make this decision. Please I urge you. Look into it. Look at alternatives. Remember Satan perverts the Word of God, in every single area. God bless.

Last edited:
E

eternally-gratefull

[/QUOTE] Hi EG. To save someones life is a great thing, that I agree. Who wouldnt run in front of a bus to save a child, or jump off a bridge to save someone drowning, or free someone from a burning car about to blow up? (well not everyone would do this) but someone who would really put anothers life before themselves would.

First l anylised the importance of blood and what it means to God. It is sacred and belongs to him. In the OT God says to not eat it. He repeats it over and over. In the NT he just says to stay away from blood. No explaination whatsoever. He doesn't mention anything about not eating it, but just commands us to stay away from it. Nothing is mentioned about how we are to slaughter an animal or not to eat the meat with the blood in it. The commandment changes..it gets more general or vague should I say.

Acts 21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Do you think that God being all knowing could see that people were going to get a death sentence (aids) for the sake of saving their own lives, or that junkies were going to contract diseases from sharing needles because of the minute blood particle on the syringe? Aids is not really talked about much now, no big deal, plus they can screen the blood before they give it to the donor. Junkies know better as well and can take precautions...So has man outsmarted God?

I have a real bad feeling about blood transfusions. I always have. Only from what the scriptures say. I had to make this choice. I was prepared to die to not go against God. No one told me to do that. This strength came out of no-where. Call me foolish, but something in me was so strong that day. And guess what, I made it through. I put my life in God's hands. I am not against doctors or medicine or anything like that. Just blood. I took a lot longer to heal but i think it was the right choice. In the end I ABSTAINED from blood. Human blood. More precious than animals blood. Praise the Lord, for his mercy, but if I had died for his sake..for not wanting to go against him then would this be held against me? Would it be a life wasted or a soul saved? It was all for him. not me. I believe he guided me to not take the blood...And my baby that was dying..well she lived. Gods mercy.

Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Doctors can use other things as a substitute for blood in some cases. Think twice before you make this decision. Please I urge you. Look into it. Look at alternatives. Remember Satan perverts the Word of God, in every single area. God bless.

I look at it this way. If a parent is given a chance to save their kids life. and rejects that. The parent as much as killed that child. If you as a person are given a chance to save your life. And you reject it. You as much as committed suicide.

If I have surgery, I take a risk I could die on the table from anesthesia. If I take medicine, I risk dieing from the very medicine I take to help me. It ius no different with Blood. all things have risks. To refuse to take the thing God has offered to help you save your life. is to prevent god from using that thing to save your life.

D

Dutch41

First l anylised the importance of blood and what it means to God. It is sacred and belongs to him. In the OT God says to not eat it. He repeats it over and over. In the NT he just says to stay away from blood. No explaination whatsoever. He doesn't mention anything about not eating it, but just commands us to stay away from it, and from things strangled. Not much detail there. The commandment changes..it gets more general or vague should I say.

It is your choice.. and I don't want to fight with a choice that you made. I can only say what I think. I don't think this verses prove that it isn't allowed. Because the complete context is about following Jesus.
And I really don't see the Biblical logical in this posting and text. But that can be a lack of my.

I answered only.. at your question. And for me it weird to say,.. well we can use substitute but not blood. Because the Biblical texts are still the same.

Feb 14, 2011

how much money will you get for a pint of blood? maybe not in this country.
how much will you get for a kidney, how mich will you get for any part of the human body? how much would a patient pay for a blood tranfusion? can you see where i am going? are we not purchased for a prise? our body is not ours.
did not God say; in the blood is the life, and the life is mine; what are we doing with something that belongs to GOD? many praises are given to God ; but when the time comes to make a choice between your life and God you will choose your life.
thats why i strongly believe that many will take the mark of the beast,because for fear.
to save their own life. and therefore they will loose their life.

''wakeup'.

D

Dutch41

how much money will you get for a pint of blood? maybe not in this country.
how much will you get for a kidney, how mich will you get for any part of the human body? how much would a patient pay for a blood tranfusion? can you see where i am going? are we not purchased for a prise? our body is not ours.
did not God say; in the blood is the life, and the life is mine; what are we doing with something that belongs to GOD? many praises are given to God ; but when the time comes to make a choice between your life and God you will choose your life.
thats why i strongly believe that many will take the mark of the beast,because for fear.
to save their own life. and therefore they will loose their life.

''wakeup'.
Here in this country it is free.. I got the blood free. Nothing is paid for it.. Ohh.. sorry.. No, I am wrong..
the one who paid is the one who gave it at me.. (something different) So, another person gave not her life.. but some from her.. so I could live. Read Lev 17, 19, Deut 12, 15 in the real context.. and don't mix with your own idea. Do you know where I am going to?

C

Crazy4GODword

interesting...or wait?