Bluegrass

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kopeke_Nuva

Greeting, I'm new here. Made this account a while and then got caught up with other things. Wrong topic for this.

Anyways, as you can tell by the title I like Bluegrass. I play a varying amount of instruments but my two favorites are my banjo and my guitar, followed closely by my harmonica (which technically is more bluesy than anything) and I was curious if there are any others here who share my love of this kind of music? If so who are your favorite artists? I quite enjoy Bill Monroe, Doc Watson and Earl Scruggs but I would like to know what you all think.

U

Ugly

Nothing of my interest, but I do have some second cousins that have been playing in that arena for years now. They play pretty often. Gospel and bluegrass. They are in a band and recently released their first CD. I believe they are both around 20 years old or so. Not my thing though.

K

Kopeke_Nuva

I just realized I accidentally posted this in teen instead of Music. rip

Dec 3, 2016
Nothing of my interest, but I do have some second cousins that have been playing in that arena for years now. They play pretty often. Gospel and bluegrass. They are in a band and recently released their first CD. I believe they are both around 20 years old or so. Not my thing though.
Not my bag of biscuits either... but what kind of kin folk are you anyway???

You should at least post a link for this person that like blue grass to be able to find yo blue grass playin kin folk.

Do ya'll go to family reunions just to get dates and google at the women yer kin to?

U

Ugly

They're on my fb and always posting about upcoming shows and updates on what's going on with their music.
But since it's not my thing I don't have any links to anything. Don't even know if there are any links to offer.
So I'm the kind of kin that isn't close to these girls and doesn't care for the music they play so I don't actively keep track.

T

Tinuviel

I'm not personally a fan of bluegrass (to my untrained ear it begins to sound all the same) but I do have some friends who play and I really enjoyed listening to a song or two of theirs. One of them plays hammer dulcimer, which is really pretty. She allowed me to play on it one time; it was a lot of fun!

Feb 7, 2015
I'm not overly keen on country, but I do like bluegrass. (Yes, there is quite a difference... LOL)

K

Kopeke_Nuva

The hammered dulcimer is a spectacular instrument. The hollow ghostly ring of the strings, but also it's ability to make major scales sound pretty makes it so appealing to me. But alas, I am currently short on change and those aren't the most common of instruments if you know what I mean.

Feb 7, 2015
The hammered dulcimer is a spectacular instrument. The hollow ghostly ring of the strings, but also it's ability to make major scales sound pretty makes it so appealing to me. But alas, I am currently short on change and those aren't the most common of instruments if you know what I mean.
My wife's best friend plays them, makes them, teaches playing, and has a whole room full of them. Maybe she would sell you one, reasonable. They live on a mountain just outside Huntsville AL.

T

Tinuviel

Yeah, I know! Instruments in general aren't cheap, but I was astounded when she said how much she'd payed for this one. she'd been saving for it for fifteen years. Ishta...no. Not me. lol. I do agree that it is a lovely instrument, though.

Corbinscam

Jul 17, 2016
Not sure if they're considered bluegrass....they're kind of indie bluegrass but I really like stuff like Mandolin orange and Shakey Graves. They're not Christian though. Disclaimer.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
here's some quality contemporary Christian bluegrass . . . of a sort

[video=youtube;ZyJVSS6zPlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJVSS6zPlo[/video]

(( cuz why doesn't this thread have any yet? ))

post grew up in the Appalachians.
loving bluegrass comes with the territory :)

L

LandryM

You should check out the Sleepy Man Banjo brothers. They're a bluegrass group from New Jersey and insanely talented.

S

sherlock221b

Hey. Have you heard of Steven Martin, he's the guy who plays the dad in Cheaper By The Dozen. Anyway he as a cd album called The Crow. All the songs there are bluegrass writen by him. I'm glad I found someone who likes bluegrass, too.