BONE BROTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 25, 2019
Bone broth is something I've been making recently. I guess it's a bit of a fad thing but man do I love it and it's so easy to make! Apparently it's very good for you too, many people will sip on it as their only sustenance when fasting or dieting.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323903.php

The simplest recipe is:

4 lbs of bones (i like beef bones)

1 gallon of water

1-2 oz of vinegar

simmer for 24 hours

Thats the simplest way but you can do whatever you want really. I save up bones from other meats that I eat and will usually buy some beef bones if I don't have any but usually I will throw fish, pork, chicken, and beef bones in there. I also add carrots, garlic, onions, celery, salt, and pepper. And i always use raw apple cider vinegar. 24 hours is the usual time but longer is better, you'll end up with less liquid but it's more concentrated.

It's delicious and makes you feel good!

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
Well what we consume affects the blood, causes it to be acidic or alkaline. The more acidic prone to more health problems; our bodies are best in an alkaline state, at least internally. The skin and scalp have different PH levels and are slightly acidic.

Nov 25, 2019
Well what we consume affects the blood, causes it to be acidic or alkaline. The more acidic prone to more health problems; our bodies are best in an alkaline state, at least internally. The skin and scalp have different PH levels and are slightly acidic.
no idea but it cures leaky gut syndrome and is a potent anti-inflammatory and contains all the amino acids plus collagen which is good for skin and joints (allegedly, Im skeptical of most health claims but it does make you feel good)

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
no idea but it cures leaky gut syndrome and is a potent anti-inflammatory and contains all the amino acids plus collagen which is good for skin and joints (allegedly, Im skeptical of most health claims but it does make you feel good)
Well there's other ways to heal leaky gut, food combinations also matter.

Group 1
Proteins
- Cheese
- Eggs (free-range)
- Nuts
- Fish
- Game/rabbit
- Meat
- Milk
- Poultry
- Shellfish
- Soybeans, tofu and all soya products
- Yogurt

Group 2
Carbohydrates
- Grains, including oats, pasta, rice, rye, maize, millet
- Grain products, cookies, bread, cakes, crackers and pastry
- Honey
- Maple syrup
- Potatoes and starchy vegetables
- Sugars and sweets

Group 3
Non-starchy vegetables
- Salads and fresh herbs
- Seeds
- Butter, cream, spreading fats
- Olive oil (cold-pressed)
- Herbs, spices and seasonings

Group 4 (even in this group there's an ideal combination )
- All Fruit

Bad
Grain with dairy or meat = gas
Fruit with vegetables = gas
Fruit with meats = gas
Fruit with grain or dairy = gas

Good Fruit by itself = no gas, proper digestion
Grain with vegetables = no gas
Pasta with vegetables = no gas
Beans with vegetables = no gas *
Fish or meat with vegetables = no gas
Pulses/ beans and grains = no gas

* Starch is dominant in most bean with the exception of soy and navy beans. So, you can combine most beans with grains as well as salads and veggies.

Sorry, I derailed your post but just pointing out that the leaky gut problem has a lot to do with what and how we eat our food and can be healed by eating properly, etc. easier said than done, i'm sure.

I do remember seeing a while back that someone invented a kitchen appliance just for this bone broth and wanted people to invest to manufacture the appliance. :unsure: I wonder if he got the funding he needed.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
This was very helpful. Thank you so much
Amber...
I done a lovely beef bone broth last week because I was so sick , every thing was running through me and had to go to hospital to be put on a drip...

I went online to see what would help my gut , and found the bone broth...

I went to my local butchers and bought grass fed animal bones ( it is very important to buy grass fed ) and I cooked them up in the slow cooker for 24 hrs with apple cider vinegar , this helps with the goodness , then I strained the broth and let it settle over night...

The next morning I scooped all the fat off , and just had a cup of broth through out the day , it really helped me get back on track...
...xox...