book of revelation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
I heard a preach say that the book of relelation need to be looked at as a house.

first there is the view in the upper room heaven as thing play out

Then the view from earth

Then the view from evilone

Has anyone ever studied the book this way before ?

N

nathan3

No... Allow Christ to do your translating of the symbolism in Revelation.

For example : Revelation 1: 12 ( seven golden candlesticks; ) Revelation 1: 15 ( seven stars )

Christ revealing it for you : Revelation 1: 20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Read it from the start to fin~. One key to understanding Revelation , is in the first chapter. Chapter one. Don't over read what John said in Revelation 1:10 . He was taken to the Lord's Day. He was shown things that would happen just before it ,after ,and during the Lords day.
If your not careful to keep that in mind, your mind will drift to 96 AD, when this was given to John.

Also the seals. It is in the Revelation of Christ chapter 6. Christ teaches what those seals are; giving you seven events, in Mark 13. They are identical to the seven seals in Revelation

( For example: Christ first warning, first seal: Mark 13: 5-6; Revelation 6:2). Christ was asked, what's it going to be like before you return, and the signs when these things shall be. He then gives then the seven identical seals of Revelation 6.

It's should be a general rule of thumb that, if God translated something for you, don't mess with it.
It's all about studying the Bible. The more we discipline ourselves to learn, the more we will understand.

Also learn to recognize , if a pastor , teacher minister, Christian , me ,whatever, is actually teaching you God's word. Or his own. You'll know by being familiar yourself with God's word.. If you want to talk to me about Revelation I'm free more every day.

Last edited:

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Yes, I am doing my own study right now and I have looked up the symbols. I am only at chapter 4 and this does all happen in the upper room or heaven. Just looking for people who might have done a study this way and what they found. At this point I do not have opinion just looking for information on this not other ideas.

K

kenisyes

See if it works. The Talmud is one verse, with six or seven interpretations in a circle around it. This can be one of yours.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I believe there are some internal and external indicators that Revelations was written before 70AD, I hold to this view..I find it very odd that John wouldn't mention the destruction of the temple and the Jewish way of life if it were written in the mid to late 90s.

My father, who was a minster, was taught pre-trib/pre-mil in seminary, but later changed to Amil, or a better word is realized millennialism. He believed that Revelation gave different perspective views as you described..

I would suggest to you, if you're interested in Revelations, to look at the all the views of Revelation and decide for yourself what you think best fits the rest of the 65 books of the bible. I hold to the partial preterist view or orthodox preterism (which is a form of Amil/realized millennialism) with a possible future typologcial fulfillment.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I heard a preach say that the book of relelation need to be looked at as a house.

Then the view from earth

No, When Ii read it I use cross references to the Old Testament as it is full of Hebrew imagery.

T

Trax

Then the view from earth

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants
things which must shortly come to pass
; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

This is why the book of Rev. was written.

Rev 7:3-4 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed
the servants of our God in their foreheads. (4) And I heard the number of them which
were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes
of the children of Israel.

These are the servants mentioned in Rev 1:1 The things written in Rev, for the majority reason,
is for those 144,000 to know what is about to happen. They'll have to go through it. When you
study Rev from their point of view, it'll start making sense. Where it states "elect" and "saints",
its refering to Jews who accepted Jesus during that time. If you just look at what is in Rev and try
to figure it out, you'll not get it. Forexample, who are the 24 Elders? This is information the 144,000
will need to know. The 24 elders represents the 24 groups that worked the temple each year (1 Chron 24).
Why is this important to know for the 144,000? When the temple is being rebuilt, ALL Jews will be caught
up in the celebrations and hype. They've waited about 2000 years for a new Temple. They'll use the OT
to create 24 groups, like they did in the OT. Yet, the 24 elders fall down and worship the Lamb.
Jesus, the Lamb of God, was the last required sacrifice made at the Temple. The Temple workers really
don't have a job now. This is to keep the 144,000 for being lead astray and to know this isn't what they
need to get caught up in. The 144,000, being Jews, this will jump off the page for them. They'll get
it. After all, it was written for them. God has given them the enemy's game plan. They'll know who
the anti-christ is and what he will do. They'll understand and know about the coming judgements
being cast upon the earth. They'll be prepared. The false miracles wont sucker them in.

Nov 19, 2012

Then the view from earth

Never heard that view before.

The Book of Revelation is a summary of the entire Holy Bible, from start to finish, and is almost entirely composed of paraphrased OT material.

There is one theme replayed all throughout the Book, and that is the Elect vs. the non-elect.

The Righteous vs. the un-righteous.

Like a musical score, this theme is replayed over and over with different verbage....so much so that people think that it is describing different events...but, it is not.

Its merely repeating the facts related to the First Resurrection and the Second Resurrection.

Over and over and over...

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
thank you all

Nov 12, 2018
Never heard that view before.

The Book of Revelation is a summary of the entire Holy Bible, from start to finish, and is almost entirely composed of paraphrased OT material.

There is one theme replayed all throughout the Book, and that is the Elect vs. the non-elect.

The Righteous vs. the un-righteous.

Like a musical score, this theme is replayed over and over with different verbage....so much so that people think that it is describing different events...but, it is not.

Its merely repeating the facts related to the First Resurrection and the Second Resurrection.

Over and over and over...
Interesting