L
LeoLion
Guest
Always called a shy person and then gaining so much weight as a young teenager my self esteem had diminished
Having grown up in a large family of 5 boys and 5 girls and a Mom and a step Dad
That's a large family most will tell you today,but to me it was just a normal size family growing up with them all
Not quite 16 years old I quit school not being able to take it anymore
That so called shyness and being around so many people was just too much
Being in a very social atmosphere and yet not socializing
Like forcing a square block into a round hole it just wouldn't fit
That was me in a nutshell,the oddball,the different one
I believe for the most part no one knew that's how I thought of myself
I became a good actor, a good pretender
I thought if they knew how I really felt and what I really thought they might think I was some alien or something so I went on pretending to fit in the best I knew how
And now being an old man and having my own family and even a grandson I still take looks at my life every now and then
Like reading a book I look over all the pages of my life not knowing how the book will end,but knowing God will write the final chapter of it
I wonder what other people's books are like when they read them
Are they pleased or satisfied with the story they read?
Was it an adventurous book? Was it an exciting life full of adventure?
Or was it a book not so interesting and not worth reading?
In any case mine was not a book I would check out at the library
In fact I wondered would it be called a book at all
It seemed to have so many unfinished pages in it
But then another thought interrupts as I think on this
In this life my story may not be worth writing about,but I did realize one important thing through it all
I started seeing and realizing something important in my life
I started thinking to myself how many people actually come to know God the Most High?
How many people actually know and talk with the Lord Jesus?
How many people can say they know the creator and He knows them on a personal level?
I realized something more important than my life being a great book that others would want to read
I had something much more important than a book
I had relationship with my loving Father and creator
I could walk with Him and talk with Him anytime I wanted!
I could hear and learn from His Spirit and follow Him wherever He'd lead me!
How many people in this world go on with their lives page after page creating exciting story's and yet don't even give the very Author of life itself the time of day?
When the final chapter is written and the books are closed what then?
Life comes to an end as you know it and now eternity awaits
Will you hear these words "depart from me I never knew you"?
Or will you hear well done good and faithful servant welcome into the Joy of the Lord!?!
I guess books are only as good as their endings as they say.
Having grown up in a large family of 5 boys and 5 girls and a Mom and a step Dad
That's a large family most will tell you today,but to me it was just a normal size family growing up with them all
Not quite 16 years old I quit school not being able to take it anymore
That so called shyness and being around so many people was just too much
Being in a very social atmosphere and yet not socializing
Like forcing a square block into a round hole it just wouldn't fit
That was me in a nutshell,the oddball,the different one
I believe for the most part no one knew that's how I thought of myself
I became a good actor, a good pretender
I thought if they knew how I really felt and what I really thought they might think I was some alien or something so I went on pretending to fit in the best I knew how
And now being an old man and having my own family and even a grandson I still take looks at my life every now and then
Like reading a book I look over all the pages of my life not knowing how the book will end,but knowing God will write the final chapter of it
I wonder what other people's books are like when they read them
Are they pleased or satisfied with the story they read?
Was it an adventurous book? Was it an exciting life full of adventure?
Or was it a book not so interesting and not worth reading?
In any case mine was not a book I would check out at the library
In fact I wondered would it be called a book at all
It seemed to have so many unfinished pages in it
But then another thought interrupts as I think on this
In this life my story may not be worth writing about,but I did realize one important thing through it all
I started seeing and realizing something important in my life
I started thinking to myself how many people actually come to know God the Most High?
How many people actually know and talk with the Lord Jesus?
How many people can say they know the creator and He knows them on a personal level?
I realized something more important than my life being a great book that others would want to read
I had something much more important than a book
I had relationship with my loving Father and creator
I could walk with Him and talk with Him anytime I wanted!
I could hear and learn from His Spirit and follow Him wherever He'd lead me!
How many people in this world go on with their lives page after page creating exciting story's and yet don't even give the very Author of life itself the time of day?
When the final chapter is written and the books are closed what then?
Life comes to an end as you know it and now eternity awaits
Will you hear these words "depart from me I never knew you"?
Or will you hear well done good and faithful servant welcome into the Joy of the Lord!?!
I guess books are only as good as their endings as they say.