BORN AGAIN, A CHANGE IN BODY NOT IN MIND

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 8, 2012
When will this take place?

51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

To be born again is a physical change from flesh body to spirit body

G

GRA

ozell said:
is it in the mind or the body?
Neither... It is in the spirit.

The Holy Spirit of God seals the [soul and] spirit of the "born-again" individual until the 'day of redemption'...

The person is actually "born-again" (sealed) in the present time (by faith) - even though their "full salvation" (when they receive their 'glorified body') does not occur until the Second Coming of Christ.

:)

C

Crossfire

I had written the following post in response to another thread however, I do believe it may help shed some light on this conversation as well....

The Greek definition of repentance means to change one's mind. However, the Hebrew definition of repentance means a literal change in direction thus implying physical interaction on some level. While many modern doctrines / denominations embrace the Greek definition of repentance because the New Testament was (for the most part) written in Greek, I believe the Hebrew definition to be a more accurate, reliable definition seeing as repentance is and always was a Hebrew concept.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
I am born again. I am not male or female, don't know my real name, am made out of Light, have the same Father as y'all, and I'm from heaven. The old man is already dead, and I am God's treasure in an earthen vessel, and He is my treasure. I own nothing, have not an earthly inheritance, and am a holy spirit by measure, and I have only what I have been given, which is a measure of God, just like y'all. Remember Romans 8:1.
I love you all.

Sep 8, 2012
Ozell said - 'In order for you to be born again you must be changed into a spiritual body'

This is false. In order for you to be born again you must receive the mind of Christ - (wisdom, justification and sanctification)

'There will be only spirit beings after the second resurrection.'

True, but this is the glorification,(redemption).

Read I Cor. 1:30:
First: Wisdom -(coming to the knowledge of the gospel)
Second: Justification -(getting saved, receiving Christ)
Third: Sanctification -(lifelong process of Holy Spirit molding the believer into the image of Jesus Christ)
Fourth: Redemption -(Being taken into heaven)

Ozell, you are in error when you came all are the same thing.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
I'm bringing this back, as some need to read about this new birth. My past post is in here somewhere.

N

nathan3

I have to mention. That although the though is present , that we are new in Christ: (2 Corinthians 5:17
(KJV)
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. )

I think that thought, was passed on to John 3:3 in error. Because, Christ, in John 3:3 is talking about something specific; rather then simply being a new creature in Christ.

What ?

John3:3 (KJV)

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

What I am trying to say, is the " born again " thought, however present in spirit in other passages, does not fit here. Why ?
Because, here in John 3:3 is one place that was not properly translated from Greek to Hebrew, so the real thought or teaching was lost because of that.

This is what the Hebrew word ; " again " ,really means:

Again :
anwqen
anothen
an'-o-then

from anw - ano 507; from above; by analogy, from the first; by implication, anew:--from above, again, from the beginning (very first), the top.

So this word called "Again" with its English meaning ; in reality , means "from above " in its Hebrew it was taken from.

So , in light of this , this is how this verse should be read, and what Christ actually said here :

John 3:3 (KJV)

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Oh what one little word can cause. But you see how easy it was to fix. And this verse gives us a deeper meaning into Christ teachings in its original meaning.

Last edited:
N

nathan3

This is what the Hebrew word ; " again " ,really means:

Again :
anwqen
anothen
an'-o-then

from anw - ano 507; from above; by analogy, from the first; by implication, anew:--from above, again, from the beginning (very first), the top.

So this word called "Again" with its English meaning ; in reality , means "from above " in its Hebrew it was taken from.
I meant to say, "GREEK" not, Hebrew. That is the " GREEK" in the New testament. ( kjv ).... I needed to clarify that.