BORN AGAIN AND AGAIN

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I know what the “many” claim about being born again. So are there 2 meanings to being born again? According to scriptures ive found being "born again" happens when we are all changed in the twinkling of an eye. Thats when our corruptible puts on the incorruptible. This only makes sense because we are givin new bodies before entering the kingdom

PHIL.3 [20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:[21] WHO SHALL CHANGE OUR VILE BODY, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1PETER1
[4] To AN INHERITANCE INCORRUPTIBLE, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
[5] Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto SALVATION READY TO BE REVEALED IN THE LAST TIME.
[9] Receiving the END OF YOUR FAITH, EVEN THE SALVATION OF YOUR SOULS.[10] Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
[13] Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and HOPE TO THE END FOR THE GRACE THAT IS TO BE BROUGHT UNTO YOU AT THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST;
[23] BEING BORN AGAIN, NOT OF CORRUPTIBLE SEED, BUT OF INCORRUPTIBLE, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1COR.15
[42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. IT IS SOWN IN CORRUPTION; IT IS RAISED IN INCORRUPTION:
[43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
[44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. THERE IS A NATURAL BODY, AND THERE IS A SPIRITUAL BODY. ........
[49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Phil.3{21}
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; NEITHER DOTH CORRUPTION INHERIT INCORRUPTION.
[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but WE SHALL ALL BE CHANGED,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
[53] FOR THIS CORRUPTIBLE MUST PUT ON INCORRUPTION, and this mortal must put on immortality.

So is there 2 meanings to being "born again"? Or is one not scriptural?

Dec 12, 2013
Being born again from above by incorruptible seed......it is a spiritual birth of the spirit.....the BODY aspect comes at a later time (I.E.) -->the resurrection/change) A.K.A. so called the RAPTURE

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I know what the “many” claim about being born again. So are there 2 meanings to being born again? According to scriptures ive found being "born again" happens when we are all changed in the twinkling of an eye. Thats when our corruptible puts on the incorruptible. This only makes sense because we are givin new bodies before entering the kingdom
[…]
[13] Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and HOPE TO THE END FOR THE GRACE THAT IS TO BE BROUGHT UNTO YOU AT THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST;
[23] BEING BORN AGAIN, NOT OF CORRUPTIBLE SEED, BUT OF INCORRUPTIBLE, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
[…]
I believe 1 Peter 1:13 ^ says, "Therefore having girded up the loins of your mind, being sober-minded, set your hope fully upon the grace being brought to you in [the] revelation of Jesus Christ," and that the definite article ('the') HERE is not in the Greek like it is used elsewhere in a similar phrase (and where THERE it refers to "in THE revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven," 2Th1:7, where this speaks of an eschatological setting/context, and that 1Pet1:13 speaks of something presently ["BEING brought to you"] and doesn't speak of His actual being present here)

[v.23 "having been born again/regenerated [PERFECT tense]"]

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Being Born again has little to do with our changed bodies but rather...

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(2Co 5:17)

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
(Eph 2:2-6)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
EDIT (to add to my post, what I'd hastily added to the bottom of it before the "time's up" editing bell rang :D)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the One according to His great mercy having begotten us again [G313] to a living hope, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ out from the dead" 1 Peter 1:3, the bold is the same "G313" word as in 1 Peter 1:23 (which I mentioned at the bottom of the other post), which this verse at this link shows to be "perfect tense": https://biblehub.com/text/1_peter/1-23.htm "having been born again [G313]"

Apr 15, 2017

PHIL.3 [20] For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:[21] WHO SHALL CHANGE OUR VILE BODY, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1PETER1
[4] To AN INHERITANCE INCORRUPTIBLE, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
[5] Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto SALVATION READY TO BE REVEALED IN THE LAST TIME.
[9] Receiving the END OF YOUR FAITH, EVEN THE SALVATION OF YOUR SOULS.[10] Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1COR.15
[42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. IT IS SOWN IN CORRUPTION; IT IS RAISED IN INCORRUPTION:
[43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
[44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. THERE IS A NATURAL BODY, AND THERE IS A SPIRITUAL BODY. ........
[49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Phil.3{21}
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; NEITHER DOTH CORRUPTION INHERIT INCORRUPTION.
[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but WE SHALL ALL BE CHANGED,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
[53] FOR THIS CORRUPTIBLE MUST PUT ON INCORRUPTION, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Once you receive the Holy Spirit the kingdom of God is within you, and you are born again, and belong to the kingdom of God right on this earth.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus did not say we are born again by receiving a glorified body, for we are already born again before we receive our spiritual body, and can only be born again while on earth where salvation is available.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Once you receive the Holy Spirit the kingdom of God is within you, and you are born again, and belong to the kingdom of God right on this earth.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus did not say we are born again by receiving a glorified body, for we are already born again before we receive our spiritual body, and can only be born again while on earth where salvation is available.
Keep reading in John MFJ. The very next verse.

JOHN 3[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. [8] The WIND BLOWETH WHERE IT LISTETH, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Ya see where Jesus speaks of the wind just after He says ye must be born again

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the FOUR WINDS, from one end of heaven to the other.

And here the elect are gathered from the 4 winds. Also a great trumpet. The last?

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

In Ezek.37 you also find the 1st resurrection {1Cor.15}. You also find the gathering of His people as He brings them to Israel for the 1000yr period of rest {not heaven}. Here again you find the 4 winds.

JOHN 3 [7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. [8] The WIND BLOWETH WHERE IT LISTETH, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The 4 winds?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Keep reading in John MFJ. The very next verse.

JOHN 3[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. [8] The WIND BLOWETH WHERE IT LISTETH, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Ya see where Jesus speaks of the wind just after He says ye must be born again

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the FOUR WINDS, from one end of heaven to the other.

And here the elect are gathered from the 4 winds. Also a great trumpet. The last?

EZEK.37 [9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the FOUR WINDS, O breath, and BREATHE UPON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, AN EXCEEDING GREAT ARMY.[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL.[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

In Ezek.37 you also find the 1st resurrection {1Cor.15}. You also find the gathering of His people as He brings them to Israel for the 1000yr period of rest {not heaven}. Here again you find the 4 winds.

JOHN 3 [7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN. [8] The WIND BLOWETH WHERE IT LISTETH, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The 4 winds?
I see where your confusion is Wall. Ezek. 37 has nothing to do with being born of the spirit. It is the physical restoration (flesh and blood) of Israel according to the promise to Abraham. When we use the term of being born again we are prophesying our future, just like God does (see Rom. 4:17).

We are not sure of what our resurrected selves will be like, are we spirits? John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." But Christ said we will eat and drink in the kingdom (Matt 26:29). Maybe a little of both, we will see.

Now, regarding John 3:7, 8: This just has to do with those led of the Spirit, they do not decide where they go and do. I hope that helps you. :cool:

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
Are you able to receive meat? :)

We ALL need to be born again...Not just unbelievers. <---And you may need to pray about this one as I couldn't receive the understanding from the person who explained it to me until we prayed together asking God to open my understanding.

When we receive the Holy Ghost, we are made a pure, clean & new creature. (born of spirit)

When we are baptized (water) in Jesus' name for remission of sins, our sins are washed away and we emerge spotless/sinless/new. (born of water)

NOTE: It may be necessary to look up the definition of the word BORN as it means more than just to pass through a divider.

When we walk in sin we mess up the spotless, sinless, newness that was given us as we were born of water....and we need to be born (made spotless, sinless, new) again.

When God gives us the Holy Ghost he FILLS us with his spirit. <--that means there is no room for anything else (especially sin). But we may have liked some of the nature of the old man, and allowed it back in. That means we allowed things of the flesh to take up space in us that is supposed to be taken by the Holy Ghost. (no longer exclusively of the pure, clean & NEW spirit) and we need return to that state again....being born of the spirit...again.

If this sounds heretical, please consider that the bible tells us that the inward man is "renewed day by day" and if you really seek God on it, He'll gladly show you through the scriptures how this is accomplished.

I've got something else to do for now so I'll let you chew on this a while. :)

By the way, the same way that being born of water is accomplished by one mechanism, and being born of the spirit is accomplished by another at the onset, it remains that way as we submit to being renewed day by day.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

Titus 3:5 KJV
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
According to scriptures ive found being "born again" happens when we are all changed in the twinkling of an eye
That is incorrect and is a reference to the Rapture. See John chapter 3 for the meaning of born again.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I see where your confusion is Wall. Ezek. 37 has nothing to do with being born of the spirit. It is the physical restoration (flesh and blood) of Israel according to the promise to Abraham.
How can you put that in writing? You do know that if anyones really interested alls they gotta do is go and read Ezek. 37. Its clearly about a resurrection.

1THES.4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.[15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST:[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR: AND SO SHALL WE EVER BE WITH THE LORD.[18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

When 1Thes.4 takes place, what really happens? The rapturist would have you to believe we fly off to heaven. What do the scriptures say? Keep in mind that many Rapturist claim youll find nothing of the so called rapture in the book of the prophets {the old testament} but.... Surely thats not true

AMOS 3 [7] Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

EZEK.37
[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND CAUSE YOU TO COME UP OUT OF YOUR GRAVES, and bring you into the land of Israel.
[13] And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

Theres THE DEAD IN CHRIST who rise first (1Thes.4). The first resurrection. But..... there not headin for heaven.

[21] And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will GATHER THEM on every side, and BRING THEM INTO THEIR OWN LAND:

Its the gathering of Gods people, THOSE WHO ARE ALIVE AT HIS COMING. The gathering will be done in the twinkling of an eye. Not by public transit. And were all headin for the land of Israel as promised in the Word.

[24] And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
[25] And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

There are many that claim that this scripture is speaking about Isreal becoming a nation in 1948. Not so. They do not have one Shepherd over them. Nor is Christs tabernacle in their midst.

[26] Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will SET MY SANCTUARY IN THE MIDST OF THEM FOR EVERMORE. [27] MY TABERNACLE ALSO SHALL BE WITH THEM: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Verses 26 and 27. “And so shall we ever be with the Lord” {1Thes.4 v17}. Its quite obvious that 1Thes.4 and Ezek.37 are speaking of the same event. No so called rapture. But the gathering of Gods people to the kingdom

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I see where your confusion is Wall. Ezek. 37 has nothing to do with being born of the spirit. It is the physical restoration (flesh and blood) of Israel according to the promise to Abraham.
At the very least please admit that IF Zeke 37 is speaking of a resurrection, it shoots down your rapture theory

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
That is incorrect and is a reference to the Rapture. See John chapter 3 for the meaning of born again.

JOHN 3 [3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN, HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD.[4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN OF WATER AND OF THE SPIRIT, HE CANNOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.[6] That which is BORN OF THE FLESH IS FLESH; and that which is BORN OF THE SPIRIT IS SPIRIT.

Jesus tells Nic you must be born again to enter the kingdom. Verse 6 explains that which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the spirit is spirit.

1COR.15
[42] So also is THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
[49] AND AS WE HAVE BORNE THE IMAGE OF THE EARTHY, WE SHALL ALSO BEAR THE IMAGE OF THE HEAVENLY.
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Cor.15 is talking about the resurrection. Verse 42 states that rather clearly. In verse 50 you see the same thing Jesus told Nic. You cannot inherit the kingdom of God....still speaking of the resurrection. Just read John3{6} and 1Cor.15{49}. If you believe these scriptures to be true there can be no doubt about the “born again” event.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
At the very least please admit that IF Zeke 37 is speaking of a resurrection, it shoots down your rapture theory
I do not have a rapture theory. Ezekiel 37 is about a resurrection of flesh and blood humans and is speaking of the second resurrection. Think about it. The first resurrection is only the first fruits church that are resurrected to immortality at the return of Christ (1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 2:19; 1 Thess. 3:13; 1 John 2:28). :cool:

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I do not have a rapture theory. Ezekiel 37 is about a resurrection of flesh and blood humans and is speaking of the second resurrection. Think about it. The first resurrection is only the first fruits church that are resurrected to immortality at the return of Christ (1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 2:19; 1 Thess. 3:13; 1 John 2:28). :cool:
Just read {again} Zeke 37. I see no reason this cannot be the 1st resurrection. Could you point out why you believe what you do. Is it cause a gentile is not mentioned in Zeke 37?

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
1PETER1

1Peter1 is all about being born again. Its not something that happens during the life time of a believer. Thats plain to see.....
An inheritance
Revealed in the last time
End of your faith
Hope to the end
Grace brought at the revelation of Christ
Being born again

Ya know how some will say they were saved and then tell ya the specific day that they were born again. That doesnt fit with scripture.

ROMANS 8 [24] For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? [25] But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Scripture above says you are saved by hope and hope that is seen is not of hope. Now if someone claims they are already saved {born again} then what does he hope for?

1PETER1 [13] Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and HOPE TO THE END FOR THE GRACE THAT IS TO BE BROUGHT UNTO YOU AT THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST;

Hope to the end. Grace! When? When Christ returns.

1 THESSALONIANS 5 [2] For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD SO COMETH as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. [4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. [5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. [6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. [7] For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. [8] But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, THE HOPE OF SALVATION.

Yup. Still hoping for salvation come the Day of the Lord

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Yup. Still hoping for salvation come the Day of the Lord
If you don't have salvation now through the perfect obedience, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, what makes you think your hope will add one iota to His Work?
My Bible has it as a present reality...

John 5:24 NKJV
[24] "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Sep 6, 2014
Ya know how some will say they were saved and then tell ya the specific day that they were born again. That doesnt fit with scripture.
Some said they were saved and then told us the specific day that they were born again.

Acts 2:1-4
1When the day of Pentecost had arrived, they were all together in one place.a 2Suddenly a sound like that of a violent rushing windb came from heaven, and it filled the whole house where they were staying.c 3And tongues, like flames of fire that were divided, appeared to them and rested on each one of them. 4Then they were all filledd with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in different •languages, as the Spirit gave them ability for speech.e

Acts 2:39
“For The Promise is to you and to your children and to all those who are afar off, those whom God shall call.”

Dec 9, 2011

1PETER1

1COR.15

There Is only one meaning to “ born again” and that Is to be born again spiritually.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
JOHN 3 [3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN, HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD.[4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How CAN A MAN BE BORN WHEN HE IS OLD? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

JOB 14 [10] But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?[11] As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:[12] So MAN LIETH DOWN, AND RISETH NOT: TILL THE HEAVENS BE NO MORE, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.[13] O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! [14] IF A MAN DIE, SHALL HE LIVE AGAIN? all the days of my appointed time will I WAIT, TILL MY CHANGE COME.

John3 and Job14 are speaking of the same event. Nicodemus asks, how can a man be born when he is old? Job asks, If a man die, shall he live again? After the heavens be no more, says Job. Then will his "change" come. The changing found in 1Cor.15 {in the twinkling of an eye}

2PET.3 [10] But THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME as a thief in the night; in the which THE HEAVENS SHALL PASS away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up

Job says his "change" will come when the heavens be no more. Above scripture tells us the heavens be no more at the coming of the Day of the Lord. When Jesus returns

1COR.15 [50] Now this I say, brethren, that FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. [51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but WE SHALL ALL BE CHANGED,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[53] FOR THIS CORRUPTIBLE MUST PUT ON INCORRUPTION, and this mortal must put on immortality.

I know this will upset the Rapturists but "we shall all be changed" at the coming of the Day of the Lord as the heavens pass away {If you believe Job}. At this time we are born again (corruptible puts on incorruption) and will be gathered {meet the Lord in the air} and then its off to the kingdom rest