Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I never said only the disciples spoke in tongues. I never even used the word disciples.

I said only the ''Apostles of Christ'' and that is different to other apostles. Do a study on that alone and learn something new.

It is only the Apostles of Christ who could impart the spiritual gifts.

Read through Acts and have a look. Philip and others had spiritual gifts given by God, but they could not impart them to other people. Paul had to travel to the Romans to impart the gifts. If it could be achieved by prayer as someone else mentioned here then they would not have required Paul. Paul imparted spiritual gifts to Timothy.
Like I have said and asked so many times. Please supply me with scripture where someone besides Christs Apostles imparted the gifts to other people.
Again look at Acts 8 Phillip was there but there was no outward sign of any spiritual gifts. It was not until Peter and John arrived that they received the gifts. That is why Simon the sorcerer wanted what they had. He saw that the gifts were given by the laying on of their hands, Peter and Johns hands. It did not happen by anyone else.
It is all there written in plain English, but I know you cannot see it. And I know it is futile that I try to show you. It will be God who teaches you, not me ever.
the condescending comments do not help. I myself prefer Pithy, and bold not so much insulting. Superiority in tone does not help either.

F

Footprint

It is sad seeing a former brother in the Lord choosing foolishness over wisdom and truth …

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage:
and the door was shut.
Matthew 25:

I was thinking the same thing. He is so far into darkness I feel sorry for him.

I wonder if he will ever really recall what is was like to be filled with the Holy Ghost and realized just how far away from that he is now.

Anyway, take care Brother.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
If you do not believe anything was done by God through him, ok. I ask you why do you believe everything bad said about him is true? Are you more apt to listen to those who are not in the faith and eyewitnesses? and give accounts more about this man acceptance and truthfulness? I have never seen SW, nor do I agree with his methods but I know why from what I have learned the reason why he did that. throwing babies against the wall? really and you know that to be true? Is it you just judge the guy you have never seen before?

The antichrist and his moral blow to the head is an event to happen. I asked you to show me where in the word of God a Demon healed. or the devil.
There is none.

SW was a very ignorant man from what I have read about him. Many many disagreed yet testified to the healing done by God when he hit them in the name of Jesus. There are documented rasing from the dead, you do not accept them Ok, but you will accept the word of a scoffer and mocker? You are right, Please note I said that Ok, you are right He should have just laid his hand on them, then they only would have attacked today the miracle that was done.
I've posted this video before. Maybe you haven't seen it. Understand that the people describing Wigglesworth's behavior and methods EXALT him!! They even have a relative of his on to exalt him. These are NOT people describing the violence Wigglesworth did as a BAD thing. They have no reason to make anything up because they think him assaulting people is WONDERFUL!

CS1

May 23, 2012
I've posted this video before. Maybe you haven't seen it. Understand that the people describing Wigglesworth's behavior and methods EXALT him!! They even have a relative of his on to exalt him. These are NOT people describing the violence Wigglesworth did as a BAD thing. They have no reason to make anything up because they think him assaulting people is WONDERFUL!

let me get this right you are using a sid Roth, Kenneth Copeland, and a lady who claims to be the great-granddaughter of SW? And you believe them when anything else they would say you would not accept? Do you think I'm stupid? First Off None of them were Eyewitnesses. The guy I got my information from New HIM personally and the books I read on SW tell a slightly different. However as I said The devil did not heal these people the devil does not raise the dead, you can not show in scripture were a demon healed anyone and after they did God was given glory for it. Nothing you show in this video proves anything that I have not already stated

SW had ignorance and a method that was not what many would have done but many people were healed and thanked God for it. You may not like what he did and attack a guy who is no longer here to defend himself go right ahead. he prayed for people in the name of Jesus, not the devil or a demon and they were healed. You say you don't believe HE was used to healing anyone yet you believe he hit people but won't accept what happened after he hit them. LOL you can't have it both ways guy.

CS1

May 23, 2012

they did not exalt him those are your bias words you have lot of hate for people you don't even know guy LOL wow

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I have the biography of Smith Wigglesworth > Smith Wigglesworth Apostle of Faith <
by Stanley Howard Prodsham
Radiant Books - Gospel Publishing House, Springfield, Missouri - 1948
SW died in 1947, aged 87.

Yes he was in many ways charismatic rather than Pentecostal as he was certainly a pioneer before Azusa Street going back to the
divine healing movement that began in the 1880s.

Pages 63-64 - "In Sweden his preaching on divine healing and water baptism so stirred up the doctors and some ministers of religion that they combined in presenting a petition to their parliament. This resulted in Brother Wigglesworth being forbidden to touch the people or lay hands on any of them in public for their healing."
"One day he was preaching in a park when it was estimated that a crowd of at least 20,000 people had gathered to hear him. A number of government representatives were present to insure he carried out the law - and he was equal to the situation."
"He asked all who were sick to stand if they could: and failing that, to indicate in some way their need and he would pray for them.
He said, 'Now each one lay hands on himself and I'm going to pray that the Lord will heal you.' "
"The sick people laid their hands on their own afflicted parts, and he prayed a simple prayer of faith. Hundreds were blessed and healed as a result. In this way he kept within the law."

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Smith Wigglesworth on speaking in tongues - from a sermon of his on Faith
pages 154-155
" We read in Hebrews 11:5, 'By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death … before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.'"
"We are called to walk together with God through the Spirit. It is delightful to know that we can talk with God and hold communion with Him. Through this wonderful baptism in the Spirit which the Lord gives us, He enables us to talk to Himself in a language that the Spirit has given, a language which no man understands, but which He understands, a language of love. Oh, how wonderful it is to speak to Him in the Spirit, to let the Spirit lift, and lift and lift us until He takes us into the very presence of God!
I pray that God by His Spirit may move all of us so that we walk with God, even as Enoch walked with Him.
But beloved, it is a walk by faith and not by sight, a walk of believing the Word of God."

Petercito

May 21, 2019
Smith Wigglesworth on speaking in tongues - from a sermon of his on Faith
pages 154-155
" We read in Hebrews 11:5, 'By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death … before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.'"
"We are called to walk together with God through the Spirit. It is delightful to know that we can talk with God and hold communion with Him. Through this wonderful baptism in the Spirit which the Lord gives us, He enables us to talk to Himself in a language that the Spirit has given, a language which no man understands, but which He understands, a language of love. Oh, how wonderful it is to speak to Him in the Spirit, to let the Spirit lift, and lift and lift us until He takes us into the very presence of God!
I pray that God by His Spirit may move all of us so that we walk with God, even as Enoch walked with Him.
But beloved, it is a walk by faith and not by sight, a walk of believing the Word of God."
A lot of people read that and think Enoch was taken to heaven, which is false. Little wiggle are you one of those people?

Jul 23, 2018
Well I'm just saying this frantic, accusing, divisive way I see you and others approach bears lkittle,

That's well and good, but where does it "SAY" that in the text? It doesn't, you're adding to it.
It doesnt "say" Jesus wore a white robe.
Doesn't mean he didn't.

I am talking from experience,not taking a text and trying to expand it.
It's like casting two demons out of 2 people simultaneously ,and someone saying " that's not in the bible"
Lots of things aren't.
Remember,there's not a book big enough to hold all the miracles Jesus did.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
I have the biography of Smith Wigglesworth > Smith Wigglesworth Apostle of Faith <
by Stanley Howard Prodsham
Radiant Books - Gospel Publishing House, Springfield, Missouri - 1948
SW died in 1947, aged 87.

Yes he was in many ways charismatic rather than Pentecostal as he was certainly a pioneer before Azusa Street going back to the
divine healing movement that began in the 1880s.

Pages 63-64 - "In Sweden his preaching on divine healing and water baptism so stirred up the doctors and some ministers of religion that they combined in presenting a petition to their parliament. This resulted in Brother Wigglesworth being forbidden to touch the people or lay hands on any of them in public for their healing."
"One day he was preaching in a park when it was estimated that a crowd of at least 20,000 people had gathered to hear him. A number of government representatives were present to insure he carried out the law - and he was equal to the situation."
"He asked all who were sick to stand if they could: and failing that, to indicate in some way their need and he would pray for them.
He said, 'Now each one lay hands on himself and I'm going to pray that the Lord will heal you.' "
"The sick people laid their hands on their own afflicted parts, and he prayed a simple prayer of faith. Hundreds were blessed and healed as a result. In this way he kept within the law."
And where he taught, that speaking in tongues is the sign that someone is filled with the Holy Spirit ore baptised with the Holy Spirit?

Jul 23, 2018
Please! Not the Wigglesworth stuff again.

There is NO instance of ANYONE healing people through assault or violence. Therefore this guy is either a fraud, or acting under a different spirit than the H.S.
Show me his fraud.
You made the charge.
Show me the proof.
You went to a liars article written by a spoiled brat fired embittered man,and because he attacked a charismatic you just assumed wigglesworth was a fake.

Its like God can no longer do anything without the approval of embittered men.
You spread lies about Wigglesworth.
Sad my friend.

Jul 23, 2018
Please! Not the Wigglesworth stuff again.

There is NO instance of ANYONE healing people through assault or violence. Therefore this guy is either a fraud, or acting under a different spirit than the H.S.
Actually i think Jesus used diverse methods just for skeptics.
What unorthodox methods of Jesus offends you most?
Spit?
Calling a woman a dog?
Wigglesworth was an uneducated man. A plumber.
The reason he was so successful was that he simply did what God said.
He knew Gods voice.
His ministry and walk was one of obedience.
He was a true soldier and warrior.
He didn't know any better than to just obey what the Holy Spirit told him.

You are so far off in attacking Him it is laughable how a human being could be that far off.

Its like attacking mother Teresa for her lack of dental hygiene.

It is attacking for the sake of attacking and vomit on a wonderful man of God that was a true witness and trophy of heaven.

If you read much at all about him you would be forced to repent and apologize.

But it definately proves the attackers are just plain desperate to attack wigglesworth.
It PROVES they are totally blinded by hate.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
A lot of people read that and think Enoch was taken to heaven, which is false. Little wiggle are you one of those people?
Which fruit of the spirit are you attempting to display in this comment? I don't recall condescension nor rudeness being included in God's list.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I saw the posts you made bashing this site that were deleted by CC.

I suspect you were banned for posting them. And rightfully so. Truly a despicable act. This site has allowed you to come here and voice your thoughts and opinions on a whole host of Biblical, societal, and even conspiratorial issues. Giving a wide birth to freedom of speech. Some say too wide. I don't.

I have been here 6 yrs and have always been impressed with the discernment used in allowing speech, and stepping in when lines are crossed. I don't care one whit that you are on the same page as me on this issue. You belittle individuals and are nasty. Fine. A lot of people fall into that from time to time. But to bad mouth the very site that gives you a platform to BE nasty is beyond the pale.

P.S. Don't think I haven't noticed you conveniently forgetting to answer whether you believe Jesus IS God!