Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
Duking it out with evil spirits? I think your knees, not your fists, are what's required.
I have all of wigglesworths books. Literally hundreds of miracles recorded. Only once I know of he punched a person.
He did not go around doing that.
He was deep into God.
Very awesome was his walk.
For those few that try to frame him as a fraud is tragic.(i realize you are not doing that)
Here we see a very typical wigglesworth casting out a devil of death,;

""One day when I came home from our open-air meeting at eleven o’clock I found that my wife was out. I asked, “Where is she?” I was told that she was down at Mitchell’s. I had seen Mitchell that day and knew that he was at the point of death. I knew that it was impossible for him to survive the day unless the Lord undertook.
There are many who let down in sickness and do not take hold of the life of the Lord Jesus Christ that is provided for them. I was taken to see a woman who was dying and said to her, “How are things with you?” She answered, “I have faith, I believe.” I said, “You know that you have not faith, you know that you are dying. It is not faith that you have, it is language.” There is a difference between language and faith. I saw that she was in the hands of the devil. There was no possibility of life until he was removed from the premises. I hate the devil, and I laid hold of the woman and shouted, “Come out, you devil of death. I command you to come out in the name of Jesus.” In one minute she stood on her feet in victory.""

Here is typical wigglesworth raising the dead;

""But to return to the case of Brother Mitchell, I hurried down to the house, and as I got near I heard terrible screams. I knew that something had happened. I passed Mrs. Mitchell on the staircase and asked, “What is up?” She replied, “He is gone! He is gone!” I just passed her and went into the room, and immediately I saw that Mitchell had gone. I could not understand it, but I began to pray. My wife was always afraid that I would go too far, and she laid hold of ma and said, “Don’t, Dad! Don’t you see that he is dead?” I continued to pray and my wife continued to cry out to me, “Don’t, Dad. Don’t you see that he is dead?” But I continued praying. I got as far as I could with my own faith, and then God laid hold of me. Oh, it was such a laying hold that I could believe for anything. The faith of the Lord Jesus laid hold of me and a solid peace came into my heart. I shouted, “He lives! He lives! He lives!” And he is living today. There is a difference between our faith and the faith of the Lord Jesus. The faith of the Lord Jesus is needed. We must change faith from time to time. Your faith may get to a place where it wavers. The faith of Christ never wavers. When you have that faith the thing is finished. When you have that faith you will never look at things as they are, you will see the things of nature give way to the things of the Spirit, you will see the temporal swallowed up in the eternal. ""

Most of us are not even worthy to tie the mans shoes.
He was totally immersed in God. Just completely,totally blown out for God.

Jul 23, 2018
HE WILL DO IT!!!!
IT SHOULD BE A EVERYDAY PRAYER!!!!!

Jul 23, 2018
OK,this is about as close to an eyewitness account of the punching incident as you will get. This account is from Lester Summeral. He walked and ministered with wigglesworth regularly.

Mar 28, 2016
I never said only the disciples spoke in tongues. I never even used the word disciples.

I said only the ''Apostles of Christ'' and that is different to other apostles. Do a study on that alone and learn something new.

It is only the Apostles of Christ who could impart the spiritual gifts.

Read through Acts and have a look. Philip and others had spiritual gifts given by God, but they could not impart them to other people. Paul had to travel to the Romans to impart the gifts. If it could be achieved by prayer as someone else mentioned here then they would not have required Paul. Paul imparted spiritual gifts to Timothy.
Like I have said and asked so many times. Please supply me with a scripture where someone besides Christs Apostles imparted the gifts to other people.
Again look at Acts 8 Phillip was there but there was no outward sign of any spiritual gifts. It was not until Peter and John arrived that they received the gifts. That is why Simon the sorcerer wanted what they had. He saw that the gifts were given by the laying on of their hands, Peter and Johns hands. It did not happen by anyone else.
It is all there written in plain English, but I know you cannot see it. And I know it is futile that I try to show you. It will be God who teaches you, not me ever.

You are creating something that is not there. An apostle as a sent one is a apostles as a "sent one"

Apostles are simply disciples that he sends out with prophecy.... His living word. .The word apostles with no other added new definition simply means "sent ones". It could be used to sending someone to the Supermarket with as list of things the sender desires. Many new meaning have been added to that word apotle. Catholicism openly uses the idea of a succession of what they call (apostolical succession) .That ideology which rises above all things written in the law and the prophets. Those that do change the meaning of the word use their new definition the authority to make the word of God without effect.

We are warned of those puff themselves up in that way pretending the kingdom of God could come by observation. the oral traditions of the father as a law of the fathers .

We should be careful how we can hear God not seen. Accrediting any of the work to the creature would establish a righteousness of ones own(blasphemy) not founded on the imputed righteousness found in Philippian 2 :12-13 expanded on in James 2:20-26. It is Christ alone who imparts gifts of His Spirit. God is not served by human hands he is still sending out His apostles giving them a desire to speak in a new tongues the gospel of Christ as he plants the seed hoping God will cause the growth.

In Acts 14 when the gospel was preached the Holy Spirit worked in a person who was lame from birth and healed the person .

God does not heal by human hands or "the touch" touch it represents the will .The laying on of hands represents a plea to God that his will be done .it has nothing to do with God healing the person, That kind of idea is seen for what it is sign seekers making gods in the likness of men

And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked:The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,Act14:7-14

Mar 28, 2016
It is sad seeing a former brother in the Lord choosing foolishness over wisdom and truth …

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage:
and the door was shut.
Matthew 25:
It would seem you are mixing up the those who Yet for all that refuse to beleive prophecy alone without the oral traditions of men making it to no effect .. for some reason ?

What's sad is when God brings his word as prophecy and men chose do whatsoever comes from their own mouth.(oral tradition) Yet for all that they still refuse to hear prophecy after any manner . They prove themselves worthy of the mocking words of God. They had no oil in their lamps .

Those who refuse to hear prophecy alone without according to the foundation of the doctrine tongues are those who fall back slain in the Spirit, Yet for all that they love there signs used as a curse to represent no faith, unbelief. Turning things upside down. Does make the word of God without effect.

Why someone would desire to be under a curse as a sign is beyond my idea of understanding?

Its not that difficult Waggles .Once you confirm what the sign confirms there is always room for repentance .If you keep mocking with stammering lips the word of God, in that way the strong delusion will never be lifted You could fall back a 10000 times and still not be filled with the Holy Spirit.

That work of filling the believer is finished when we first believed . There is no weekly I amm running low on the spirits so "fill yer up" with signs and lying wonders

No side shows needed .

The faithless Jew who also required as sign before they would believe. They did make Jesus into a circus seal. it was like a three ring circus .the sign of Tonguer here the sign of falling back slain in the Spirit there and the human touch of healing any ailment as another part of the side show .

Today if you do hear his voice harden not your heart .He has plenty of forgiveness in his storeroom of faith and its not gravity that which keeps on object going towards the earth .Its a good thing someone is there to catch them

For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken. Isiah 28 11

1 Corinthians 14:20-22 King James Version (KJV) Brethren, be not children "in understanding": howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. In the law (Isaiah 28) it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to "them that believe", but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Is today the day you will look to the doctrine of Tongues and search out the meaning? Waggles why do you think he brought the sign and what do you think it confirms? Not what do men say ? But an answer given to men by God, like Peter in Mathew16 . Not revealed of his own self what they eyes see rather than walking by faith the unseen eternal..Use scripture precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line. God's understanding as the milk of the word .It teaches all men God is gracious.

Fall forward, beleive God .

There are sign metephor that show a person has belived the gospel .(They follow after, as a unseen work ) God is not served by human hands in any way shape or form .The kingdom of God is not of this world The signs are not the literal as to what the eyes see, they follow after. Some tried to put them before to confirm they have and found out poison literally kills. Just as the poison of false prophecy.

Metaphors as shadows cannot save they have no substance. They point to a understanding which can. The Holy unseen place of the glory of God

We look not to the things seen the temporal but to the unseen .We are not what we will be.

2 Corinthians4:18

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Roger, I have no issue with you concerning the grace of God. But, my post isn’t about salvation initially, but what occurs afterwards. Why do we obey? Kahn brings out the truth so no one should not misunderstand. Beacause we love Him. If you want to further explore this, watch the video. Then take it to the right thread. I found it on YouTube and it’s a word from God concerning 2019.

I was addressing what I believe the shaking that comes on some because of the power of Holy Spirit upon them as a sign. And why.
Sanctification is what occurs after we are saved. Sanctification through the word of God. The Holy Spirit ministers in every heart that knows Christ.

Why do you seek a sign?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
The Holy Spirit ministers in every heart that knows Christ.
Why do you seek a sign?
Because they are promised to me to validate the true and original gospel from all the other gospels that would come from
the the doctrines of men.
God confirms the baptism of the Holy Spirit by the sign of speaking out in a new spiritual language - a language designed for prayer
that delivers many wonderful results, such as healings, miracles and blessings.
Thus the word of God is true and only those who speak in tongues (sign and evidence) are baptized in the Holy Spirit.
No tongues, no indwelling Holy Spirit.

F

Footprint

Because they are promised to me to validate the true and original gospel from all the other gospels that would come from
God confirms the baptism of the Holy Spirit by the sign of speaking out in a new spiritual language - a language designed for prayer
Thus the word of God is true and only those who speak in tongues (sign and evidence) are baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Why are people so resistant to God's word? Just follow Acts 2:38 and they to will receive the promise in verse 39.

Waggles, do you have a website?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
You are in error. Signs are not for you they are for unbelievers. Believers have faith while unbelievers have none. Faith is that by which we receive grace. Grace is how we are saved.

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

F

Footprint

You are in error. Signs are not for you they are for unbelievers. Believers have faith while unbelievers have none. Faith is that by which we receive grace. Grace is how we are saved.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

When God created all that was created he made a parallel between what is spirit and what is the natural.
When a woman is in the hospital birthing room the baby is born and begins to cry, and we know there is movement, there is sound, there is life.

When we are baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues, we know there is movement, there is sound, there is Life, a baby in the church womb is just birthed forth, and is now Born Again, born of Spirit and crying in another language as the Holy Ghost gives the utterance.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

-Thank you.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Sanctification is what occurs after we are saved. Sanctification through the word of God. The Holy Spirit ministers in every heart that knows Christ.

Why do you seek a sign?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Why do you accuse me of seeking signs? I seek to be full of Holy Spirit and signs come from His hand. ;).

How does sanctification work in you Roger?

U

UnderGrace

Well this absolutely not true.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Mar 16:20 Then his disciples went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord kept working with them and confirming the message by the signs that accompanied it.

I’m sure you have read many times what the signs are. Are you not a disciple?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Well, i habe read about Smith Wigglesworth.
He became his baptising with the Holy Spirit with the speaking in tongues when Marry Boddy layed her hands on him in october 1907. Her Husband A.A. Boddy was before in the year 1906 in Oslo where he met Thomas Ball Barratt. Barrat was in october in USA and came in contact with the Azusastreet movement. He told from himself that he received the baptism with the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues in november 15th of 1906 and brought this teaching back to Oslo.
So finaly Wigglesworth became his baptism with the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues from the Azusastreet.
Wesley mentioned baptised with the Holy Spirit but meant with this a special power to live without sin ( Holyness movement). The Kenswick teaching since 1875 which influenced Wigglesworth had a different useing for the term baptised with the Holy Spirit. They emphesises more to get the power for the ministry, as we find it today.
But before 1901 it is nowhere noticed that baptising with the Holy Spirit and the evidence of speaking in tongues as proof for this was taught.
It is to notice that the first pentecostels which where more influenced from Wesleys Holyness movements emphesises more the thought to have power for to live holy then to have power for the ministry. Later through f.e.Wigglesworth. the teaching that they get power for the ministry became dominant.
Well, so even when the term baptised with the Holy Spirit came up earlier ( 1830's thrugh Phoebe Palmer)
The first person who got this baptising with the evidence of speaking in tongues was in deed Agnes ozman in 1901.
Finally i can only repeat that this particular teaching I cant find in the bible for believers. And also I cant find practised this teaching before 1901. Even the thoughts exist begore 1901.
So my reading about Wigglesworth could not convince me that his teaching is right. F.e. when he claimes that if somebody is sick and got not healed it is because of his lack on faith.
The consequence of this teaching is, that before 1901 the christians were lacking of spirituel life. No baptised with the Holy Spirit/ Spirit filled christians before 1901.
I iust dont believe this. Someone can be spiritfilled without speaking in tongues. Every believer is baptised with the Holy Spirit and dont need a further/second baptising.
To live in obidience to Gods word and to trust our father, to love our father and to love the people showes how much filled we are with the Holy Spirit.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Signs are not for you they are for unbelievers
That is correct. And as an unbeliever I was introduced to a living church that was full of the promised signs, wonders and miracles.
So I left my dead church and came into the body of Christ and was made alive by the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
God confirmed his truth and the gospel to me by giving me the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues.
As an unbeliever I now knew that what I had received was genuine and in compliance with the scriptures.

And these signs still bring unbelievers into the Spirit-filled church to embrace the power and truth of the Holy Spirit daily in
their lives.