Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26
In James 2:26, the comparison of the human spirit and faith converges around their modes of operation. The spirit (Greek pneuma) may also be translated "breath." As a breathless body emits no indication of life, so fruitless faith exhibits no indication of life. The source of the life in faith is not works; rather, life in faith is the source of works (Ephesians 2:5-10).

Mar 28, 2016
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

Yes, as in the same way signs as shadows without substance are dead also. and can cause no comfort from the comforter

They need a real work of the Spirit of Christ to work out the plan of His faith and not a metaphor as a shadow .

We can take a object lesson from Jonas 4 on how to build on faith. .

Substance yes. shadows no.

Jonah 4:1-7 King James Version (KJV) But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. And he prayed unto the Lord, and said, I pray thee, O Lord, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil. Therefore now, O Lord, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live. Then said the Lord, Doest thou well to be angry?
So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city. And the Lord God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd. (The substance) But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd (The substance) that it withered. (as deader than a door nail )

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Your comment still does not change the fact of what Paul's question conveys in the Acts 19:1-6 account. Denial of what scripture clearly shows is not wise.
Not at all. They were saved in verse 5 and then filled for service in verse 6. Jesus breathed the Holy Spirit onto the disciples in the upper room according to the Gospel of John and then filled them for service in Acts 2.

Becoming saved is being baptized in the Holy Spirit by grace through faith into new life in Christ. Going from dead in trespass and sin unto new life and life eternal in Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

You and others keep on declaring that salvation is given simply only on believing in Jesus Christ and calvary.
Yet in the NT, especially in Acts and the epistles, believing is described and presented as putting repentance into action and
becoming obedient to the commandments of Jesus:
believing in Jesus is to believe in what must I do to be saved ...
repentance > water baptism by full immersion confessing one's faith in Jesus as Lord and Saviour for the remission of sins;
to be accompanied by the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues; to walk with the Lord and to
display the fruit of the Spirit.

You can trash, you can berate, you can make all manner of false accusations against Pentecost and in particular - The Revival
Fellowship - but at each meeting when the gift of prophecy is given and God speaks to his children both the Father and Jesus
confirm their great pleasure in a church that wrangles not with the scriptures and is fully obedient to his commandments.
Obedience is not works.
The full gospel of salvation is not a perversion of the gospel.
Yep. Jesus lied in John 3, 4 and 6 Because not once in any of these passages did he mention the word baptism.

But hey, If you want to add the work of men, and feel secure in this thinking, thats on you

E

eternally-gratefull

Yep,the gospel with signs following.
Straight from Jesus.

"These signs shall follow...(those that are mine)..."
Uh oh.
Who are his?

Double oh oh.

The fakes?
Fake cessationists?
Too funny
How come he did not ay this in Matt 28. Did he just forget? He also did not mention baptism in any of the other gospels. Why is that? Did he forget?

E

eternally-gratefull

And yet you still refuse his name, continuing to choose authority in the titles Father, Son, Holy Ghost. It looks like you have rejected Colossians 3:17.

You mentioned slander. Does the truth hurt, is it hard for you to kick against the pricks? The Lord is reaching out to you and you don't even realize it.

God bless!
This is funny

The slanderer accusing someone else of slandering.

E

eternally-gratefull

Thats ok

EVERYONE who has true faith is saved, and by the power of god given the in salvation WILL have work.

Thats was james point

If you CLAIM to have faith (he never said they hgad faith) But have no work, can that CLAIMED faiht save you.

How can faith save you if it is dead? It can’t. Thats why it will not produce works, Because dead can not produce anything.

But you would have james contradict paul (romans 4 in particular) and refuse to see it

Thats on you my friend, You can explain to God why you do that.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Not at all. They were saved in verse 5 and then filled for service in verse 6. Jesus breathed the Holy Spirit onto the disciples in the upper room according to the Gospel of John and then filled them for service in Acts 2.

Becoming saved is being baptized in the Holy Spirit by grace through faith into new life in Christ. Going from dead in trespass and sin unto new life and life eternal in Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Jesus did not breathe the Holy Spirit into the disciples in the upper room. (John 20:19-24) He did that before the infilling in the upper room. One was a portion of the Spirit for a purpose. The other was the total infilling of the Holy Ghost. This truth is seen in Jesus' words "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:7

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Jesus did not breathe the Holy Spirit into the disciples in the upper room. (John 20:19-24) He did that before the infilling in the upper room. One was a portion of the Spirit for a purpose. The other was the total infilling of the Holy Ghost. This truth is seen in Jesus' words "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:7
You have real problems.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
If I was limited to that. That no one would be saved, Because they certainly do not have faith in God. They have faith in their works, and like we have witnessed from you. BOAST of it all the time.
The words not of works LEST ONE WOULD BOAST Proves your church is not a true church of God.
You made a specific claim about many true believers being killed by poison and by snakes.
You were challenged to provide documentation to this.
Instead you reply with utter drivel and nonsense.
Obviously your claim is false and unsubstantiated ... you cannot do so.

Mar 28, 2016
It is taught in the New Testament - in fact it is the New testament ...
but you do not want to believe it.
Be happy in your church.
What is tongues if not one of the many manners of prophecy. A sound ? A syllable with a hidden meaning as those who fall back slain the Holy Spirit.. What are they slain for ?

E

eternally-gratefull

You made a specific claim about many true believers being killed by poison and by snakes.
You were challenged to provide documentation to this.
Instead you reply with utter drivel and nonsense.
Obviously your claim is false and unsubstantiated ... you cannot do so.
Anyone with a logical mind would understand that its true. One would have to say everyone who has died from poison or snake bites were truthfully unsaved.

I am sorry, But I am not that arrogant to think this is true. But we know this does not bother you at all.

Your just like the jews, So proud, probably thinking God is so happy with you.

You will get a rude awakening one day, Of this I have no doubt, and to be honest, It saddens me.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Be happy in your church.
If it would be taught, we would find it undoubtly in the scripture. You following not the scripture in this point, but man made doctrine. Otherwise you would have no problem to proof it from the scripture.

That you ignore the fact, that this was not taught in australia before 1908 says a lot.

Mar 28, 2016
Be happy in your church.
Happy, with Holy laughter manifestations a sign God is filing a person with laughter ? Does it confirm the filling of the Spirit or to much sugar in the coffee?

I think we should beleive God first and foremost . He say the doctrine of tongues spoken of as a law in 1 Corinthians 14 :22-23 points to the foundation . What could be you purpose for destroying the foundation in Isaiah 28? Is it a poison that represents false prophets and that is why you cease to beleive?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Be happy in your church.
The gospel is not taught the way you teach it. The church is the body of Christ one body one Christ.

It is the end times and there are many teachers for those with itching ears.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

Lolol. Gotta love wiggle waggles and all his red x’s and snoring stuff

Thanks for the laugh bro! (Oh Wait, I can not consider you my bro. You mock My God!!)