Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Lolol. Gotta love wiggle waggles and all his red x’s and snoring stuff

Thanks for the laugh bro! (Oh Wait, I can not consider you my bro. You mock My God!!)
God has impressed me that many are prodigals sons. Wandering far from God and wasting the riches of grace on worldly endeavors. God still considers them as His children and they cannot be lost but they have squandered so much on friends that are not friends.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
One's spiritual eyes must be open to comprehend what the bible states. And I see by your response that you refuse to accept what the scripture actually states or just choose to overlook it.

Paul knew the Holy Ghost was not automatically received when one believes the gospel; thus the question. This concept is clearly seen in the Samaritan account as well. Philip presented the gospel to the Samaritans. They believed the gospel and the name of Jesus and were water baptized in Jesus name. Later Peter and John were sent to pray for them in order for them to receive the Holy Ghost.
Certainly, these were John the Baptist disciples who have never heard of the Holy Spirit though they believe in John's baptism. Upon presenting Christ as in verse 4 and when they understood this which obviously believe in contrast to those who believe not on him in the synagogue (verse 9) what Paul said on Christ then they were baptized as essential to obedience. The laying of hands is the infilling of the holy Spirit. and this does not mean the Holy Spirit had not dealt with them individually. Rather, this was the extension of ascension gift of the Holy Spirit to the early believers as it had happened to the Jews at Pentecost.

corazondeldei

Apr 17, 2019
Everyone must be careful with their words and everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

1 Timothy 6:3-5
If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and QUARRELS ABOUT WORDS that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, EVIL SUSPICIONS and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

NIV1984 Matthew 12:34-37
You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

NIV1984 James 3:13-18
Two Kinds of Wisdom Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
As you are probably aware, water baptisms were administered in Jesus name from the apostolic era until 325 a.d. when the titles replaced the usage of Jesus' name. This truth is witnessed in many, many historical encyclopedias, etc. Unbeknownst to many churches and their members in administering baptism using the titles they are following a man made tradition.
As recorded in the bible and throughout history men have continually fault others in pursuit of removing the all powerful name of Jesus from prayer, water baptism, etc.
It was in the authority of Jesus (In the name of Jesus), so take it plainly from what Christ said in Matthew 28 where all power has been given to Christ. Christ said in a very clear manner that saved believers ought to be baptized in this proper way. You may just take it (in Jesus name) or leave it.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26
The faith that doesn't work is the dead faith when one do not believe in the all sufficient redemptive work of Christ for salvation. If you add something to what is already done then that faith is dead, it didn't work at all, he is not trusting Christ can save, able to save or a Saviour.

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Whether you choose to accept it or not Paul's question makes it clear that the infilling of the Holy Ghost does not occur the moment one believes. Also, Paul's question, "Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?" confirms that something happens upon being filled with the Holy Ghost allowing for no doubt that the infilling has occurred.
Infilling happens after salvation. The moment when one believes the gospel happens the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Perhaps, needs to distinguished biblical term to understand his words.

E

eternally-gratefull

God has impressed me that many are prodigals sons. Wandering far from God and wasting the riches of grace on worldly endeavors. God still considers them as His children and they cannot be lost but they have squandered so much on friends that are not friends.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
While I agree

A prodigal son has placed their faith in CHrist. He has just walked away for whatever reason.

A false son has placed their faith in works.

I think we can see where waggles faith lies. And it is not in the cross.

E

eternally-gratefull

Give me all the red x’s you want wiggle waggles. it will not persuade me from exposing the lie you are trying to teach, and the false gospel you are proposing that people entrust their eternity to. You wasting your time with those red X’s they do not bother me at all my friend.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
[/QUOTE]
Whether you choose to accept it or not Paul's question makes it clear that the infilling of the Holy Ghost does not occur the moment one believes. Also, Paul's question, "Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?" confirms that something happens upon being filled with the Holy Ghost allowing for no doubt that the infilling has occurred.
The disciples of John in acts 19 could not have the Holy Spirit. The time they believed was before pentecost. You must consider that there is a different between OT and NT (after pentecost) believers. Thats why Paul asked them.

What ever Jesus meant when he breathed to the Apostles. It was not the same what we have since pentecost. Consider that Thomas and Matthias ( who came later, after Jesus went to heaven) was not breathed from Him.
Before pentecost, no believer got the Holy Spirit. This happend after pentecost.
Every believer after pentecost receives the Holy Spirit, otherwise he is not born again.

F

Footprint

Once again, the specific words, "in Jesus name" is not a reference to a baptismal formula to obtain salvation, but is a reference to authority. Jesus Himself specifically tells us to baptize “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (n Matthew 28:19) which is baptizing by His authority. Why do you continue to reject His authority?

If I may use the analogy of skydiving, you have faith that the parachute will save you. And, the chute will save you but you need to pull the ripcord and deploy Acts 2:38...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Rest assured, Dan, the Lord is in deed calling you.

God bless!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
If I may use the analogy of skydiving, you have faith that the parachute will save you. And, the chute will save you but you need to pull the ripcord and deploy Acts 2:38...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. [39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Rest assured, Dan, the Lord is in deed calling you.

God bless!
Bad analogy. Christ saves us by faith and not by water baptism. You continue to “add” to the finished work of Christ. We have access by faith into grace.. (Romans 5:1-2). Plus, I already received water baptism following my conversion several years ago, so you are late. The call you are hearing is not from the Lord.

Also, in Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

In Acts 10:43 we read ..whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins. These Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 10:45 - (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) when they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ - Acts 11:17 - (compare with Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved) BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:47 - this is referred to as repentance unto life - Acts 11:18.

*So the only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing Scripture with Scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony* (y)

The Lord is calling you to repent and believe the gospel (and not your watered down gospel).

Mar 28, 2016
If it would be taught, we would find it undoubtly in the scripture. You following not the scripture in this point, but man made doctrine. Otherwise you would have no problem to proof it from the scripture.

That you ignore the fact, that this was not taught in australia before 1908 says a lot.

I don't think those who seek after wonderment identified by Christ as a evil generation are looking for proof from scripture even it is there own in respect to the sign of falling back slain in the Holy Ghost with the corrupted human touch . Just look for the ones; " yet for all that they still refuse to hear the Lord" as cessationism .

Note... orange cessationism will not belive prophecy
Note...green continulism do beleive prophecy
Note... red God in the midle of the mix.

The foundation of the doctrine of those yet for all that refuse to hear.

Isaiah 28:11-13 King James Version (KJV) For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

1 Corinthians 14:20-22 King James Version (KJV) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

The question is what can cessationism do other than hear God and confirm what the sign represents. How someone could miss the law and truth tuning the curse, not a blessing but disguise upside down, Again a sign by those who fall back slain in the spirit. The sign they must ignore while they enjoy. Basking in the sign of Revival Fellowship... with Mr. who needs faith when you have the orange juice.

View attachment 199360

CS1

May 23, 2012
The disciples of John in acts 19 could not have the Holy Spirit. The time they believed was before pentecost. You must consider that there is a different between OT and NT (after pentecost) believers. Thats why Paul asked them.

What ever Jesus meant when he breathed to the Apostles. It was not the same what we have since pentecost. Consider that Thomas and Matthias ( who came later, after Jesus went to heaven) was not breathed from Him.
Before pentecost, no believer got the Holy Spirit. This happend after pentecost.
Every believer after pentecost receives the Holy Spirit, otherwise he is not born again.[/QUOTE]
context verse 22 says they saw the resurrected Lord.

22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. The two men Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. both saw Jesus after He had been resurrected they were saved.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
While I agree

A prodigal son has placed their faith in CHrist. He has just walked away for whatever reason.

A false son has placed their faith in works.

I think we can see where waggles faith lies. And it is not in the cross.
I understand but I have no way to press the issue so I must give a benefit of the doubt to such folks and trust that God will sort them out. Real world face to face things can be explored and explained that cannot be done here on the forums.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

CS1

May 23, 2012
Holy Ghost Sugar, Holy cow milk .The sign to confirm comes later .Holy Ghost Sugar revival .
not funny mocking the Holy Spirit, I would advise against doing so.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I don't think those who seek after wonderment identified by Christ as a evil generation are looking for proof from scripture even it is there own in respect to the sign of falling back slain in the Holy Ghost with the corrupted human touch . Just look for the ones; " yet for all that they still refuse to hear the Lord" as cessationism .

Note... orange cessationism will not belive prophecy
Note...green continulism do beleive prophecy
Note... red God in the midle of the mix.

The foundation of the doctrine of those yet for all that refuse to hear.

Isaiah 28:11-13 King James Version (KJV) For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

1 Corinthians 14:20-22 King James Version (KJV) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

The question is what can cessationism do other than hear God and confirm what the sign represents. How someone could miss the law and truth tuning the curse, not a blessing but disguise upside down, Again a sign by those who fall back slain in the spirit. The sign they must ignore while they enjoy. Basking in the sign of Revival Fellowship... with Mr. who needs faith when you have the orange juice.

View attachment 199360
you are a scoffer and a mockery of the word of God. It is really sad that you would label those you do not agree with. Then attack with such venom. It is clear by your words and lack of reverence for the Holy Spirit you say such things.

E

eternally-gratefull

They're not meant to bother you - it is simply an icon for "disagree" - simples.
you should be more worried about the gospel. Then marking disagree symbols.

E

eternally-gratefull

Aww. I am putting CS1 to sleep. I guess CS1 agrees with his way to heaven, and does not think his gospel is dangerous?