Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Did Jesus need saved?

Or was this a sign to john the baptist and all who saw that this was the messiah?

Was that not what John the baptist was told?

John 1:33
I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’

And is this not a picture of our salvation, When we are baptised by the Holy Spirit (our sins washed away and we are regenerated in christ) that the holy spirit anoints us just like he anointed christ immediately after he came up out of the water?

Is this not the same picture in the law. When moses baptized Arrons sons, And THEN anointed them with the Holy oil.
You have the second person of the Trinity, but not the Third Person.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
This is true Rosemary. Scriptures do say in certain places that Holy Spirit prays for us. But, tongues is the method of opening your mouth to speak it out.

I had the experience only once of those groanings which happened when a young member of our church left a suicide note and took off.

She was found before it happened.

Rosemary, the gifts are from Jesus to us. They are good. And is nothing like a ghost overtaking you. That’s Hollywood. It’s communion through Holy Spirit to Father directly and is perfect prayer. No doubt voiced.
I know it is not a ghost LOL , I understand the meaning of dead spirits being demonic , I believe the Holy Spirit is in all of us who belong to Christ , and if I never speak in tongues , then that is fine , it does not change who I am in Christ , and when I cannot pray for myself , I know I have the intercessor , the helper , the Holy Spirit who will act on my behalf should I be in that kind of situat

7seasrekeyed

This is what is wrong with most, if not all, of the gifting churches, I do believe God can and still does use the gift of tongues to accomplish his will. But these churches have twisted the meaning of words, and made literal acts of God in our salvation and gifting into some religious act that does does not even fit scripture.

They try to replace the baptism of God, and make it into some religious thing which has nothign to do with what it really means. And is another flaw in the english writers failing to interpret the word, but instead transliterate the word.

Man can not baptise us into Christ or his death by immersing us in water.

But God sure can, By immersing (baptising) us into Christ, his death and his burial. And he will in the future baptize us into his full resurrection. (Rom 6)

Man can not circumcize our souls by immersing us in water, we are spiritually circumcised by the baptism of the spirit who raised Jesus from the dead (col 2)

man can not baptize us into the body of Christ by immersing in water. GOD places us (baptism) into the body christ, whith Christ as the head, through the baptism of the spirit ( 1 cor 12)

It is NOT by works of righteousness which we have done (baptism is a work of righteousness) But By GODS MERCY that he saved us through the washing (through the baptism and regeneration (new birth) which is accomplishe BY THE HOLY SPIRIT (baptism of the spirit) (titus 3)

I can go on and on and on.

Jesus was given power when the spirit descended on him like a dove (anointed him) AFTER he was baptised. Not BECAUSE of the baptism. They were two seperate events.

Our annointing is no different, when we are sealed by the HS of promise, through the annointing of the HS, wher we are empowered from on high.

But if we are not baptized by God and made alive, Non of the above will even happen.

Once again, Baptism of the spirit is NOT what gives one person any gift, be it tongues, helps, prophesy, Teaching, giving, discenment, or whatever gift the HOLY SPIRIT deams is needed to edify and complete the local church so it can accomplish Gods will.

It is through the HOLY SPIRIT COMING INTO or ON a person, which is CALLED ANOINTING, not BAPTISM

here is my post again (1066) that you disagreed with. you espouse the belief that we are baptized in the Spirit of God upon conversion but that is not backed up by either the words of Jesus or the events that transpired that fulfilled his prophetic announcement (he said what would happen before it did) the baptism IN the Holy Spirit is for what? Jesus said the ULTIMATE purpose was for power to witness for Him. the gifts are for the body. I cannot address all you wrote right now. later if I can. but what does Jesus say?

such confusion. this is what happens when cessationists try to make scripture fit their belief

to be baptized in the Holy Spirit does not mean this is what happens when you accept Christ as your Savior. this is not the biblical model and is a corrupted interpretation

first off, as I brought up some weeks back, the actual GREEK is to be baptized IN and not with. throughout the entire NT there are only 2 prepositions used with the verb phrase 'to baptize'. those words are IN and INTO

when Jesus states 'for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.' Acts 1:5, before he was taken up into heaven, He also states that the purpose of such a baptism is

8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.' Acts 1

now the disciples and all those who were still with Jesus were obviously already saved.

let me repeat that. THE DISCIPLES WERE ALREADY SAVED WHEN JESUS SAID THIS

so, this errant teaching that baptism in the Holy Spirit is accepting Christ is corrupt and not biblical

there are some individuals here who do not accept the baptism IN the Holy Spirit and therefore, have created their own version of what the words mean

so, the fact the disciples were saved and yet Jesus told them to WAIT for the Holy Spirit whom the Father was going to send, indicates that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is a separate and DISTINCT event

so we understand, from Jesus' words and the chronological events described in the book of Acts, that you are saved when you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ (don't confuse this with sanctification or anything that comes after. this is an event IN the history of your life that is not duplicated) and the enduement for power to witness for Him comes when you are baptized IN the Holy Spirit

any other version of events or meaning is, again, a corruption of the text and should be tossed aside like the lie that it is

the Bible is more than clear that if you do not have the baptism IN the Holy Spirit you do NOT have this power that Jesus speaks of

there is no way around that, other than to deny the words of Christ and create a corruption of the text

CS1

May 23, 2012
Really, I've only been on here for 3 days, and I'm already disgusted by the opposition from losers who tell me I can't Repent and rebaptize myself. Anyone that's against me rebaptizing myself can go to hell
maybe you should learn to formulate an argument from the Bible instead of lowering yourself by uneducated language.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Really, I've only been on here for 3 days, and I'm already disgusted by the opposition from losers who tell me I can't Repent and rebaptize myself. Anyone that's against me rebaptizing myself can go to hell
Bye bye

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Eph 1: 13 - 14 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the [b]guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Yep. No tongues. Sorry Bro. You are mistaken.
Eph 1: 13 - 14 13In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the [b]guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

This scripture speaks of one trusting in Jesus and His sacrifice. And after hearing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation they will be sealed with the Holy Ghost. The word is clear that upon believing in Jesus all must repent, and be baptized in Jesus name and they will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. The sequence in which one gets water baptized and receives the infilling of the Holy Ghost is of no significance. What is significant is that all must be followed in order to be sealed with the Holy Ghost. If this were not so the biblical record would be free of personal experiences reflecting this truth. However, there are multiple scriptures showing Jews, Gentiles, Samaritans and individuals were obedient to these instructions.

CS1

May 23, 2012
So. Question for the room.

7Seas? CS1? All the other people who lean charismatic.

Is this the truth Gospel. Or is it like i have said, people like this give your movemenat a bad name, and on top of his demand that one can NOT be saved APART from water baptism, (which I am sure non of you agree with) also show this person is also a false teacher. Teaching a gospel which is not from God?
So. Question for the room.

7Seas? CS1? All the other people who lean charismatic.

Is this the truth Gospel. Or is it like i have said, people like this give your movemenat a bad name, and on top of his demand that one can NOT be saved APART from water baptism, (which I am sure non of you agree with) also show this person is also a false teacher. Teaching a gospel which is not from God?

I am responding to this Post to provide to Admin. I have laid out # 802 the very answer. Yet it was not accepted. Admin, Please move forward Thank you per our discussion.

Thank you,

CS1,

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
This is actually Waggles basic error of misunderstanding the indwelling and infilling. He can't identify which is which. The Holy Spirit indwells once one is saved and the saved believers are being filled (controlled) by the Holy Spirit.
Scripture?

7seasrekeyed

You have the second person of the Trinity, but not the Third Person.
EVERY person who has accepted Christ is indeed sealed with the Holy Spirit

you cannot be saved with the Spirit of God

don't confuse what is recorded in Acts. the disciples and other followers of Christ were ALREADY SAVED.

the record of Acts describes the baptism, with speaking in tongues, as a SEPARATE occasion

saying things like you only have God and Jesus but no Holy Spirit is the type of incorrect belief that sets cessationists on the edge and I can't quite blame them

let's stick to what the Bible actually states :)

And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Ephesians 1:13

salvation is by faith...so is the baptism in the Holy Spirit

we ask...God gives...

7seasrekeyed

for those who pray, and especially in the Holy Spirit, please pray

I have just had something happen at the house, does not involve anyone in my family or pets or anything, but something very sad, that I know was a demonic attack.

may God keep those who are in Him.

please pray. we are in very serious times and this thread is actually very serious

you cannot disbelieve what is plainly written, deny it and call people names and tell them they are demonic if they pray in tongues

we need protection because the devil is pretty riled up every time you mention tongues. it is God's power in us he despises

E

eternally-gratefull

I pray God shows you mercy

you are in deeper than you can imagine in what you do and continue to do

your preach a false gospel because you do not have what you see others have

that is not the way to go about it
prove my false gospel?

Do you even know what my gospel is?

God showed me mercy 40 some years ago, And he shows me mercy daily. As he promised.

E

eternally-gratefull

does someone need to back and count the stupids and other names the cessationists have called others?

do we need to go back and count all the slurs and mockery done by people who are cessationists in the last few days?

do we perhaps need to remind others that calling people demonic is reportable?

is that what this is about? report a post while calling someone demonic?

I can go find those posts any time and I am sure the mods might like to read those before they make any judgement calls
Two wrongs do not make a right. Or do they in your world?

I think both sides needs to stop. And see the damage they are causing, By not just discussing, But attacking and belittling each other. I am sure I am not innocent, in fact, I know I have failed also., But does that mean we need to keep going? The world is looking at us, do you think the world looks and sees the light of Christ with all the name calling and attacking?

Dos it help your case when you attack someone? How about mine?

No. Not for one second.

E

eternally-gratefull

True. In fact,to the individual it’s most important to have your own prayer language. It’s the door to ministry.

And it’s also why the enemy vehemently through believers even oppose it.

What spirit is behind this resistance? Fear is one. ( or spirits)
So it is the door to ministry.. ie, if we do not go through that door. We have no ministry?

This is what it sounds like your saying sis. Do you really mean this?

7seasrekeyed

Two wrongs do not make a right. Or do they in your world?

forget it

just forget it

that's not a good sign for you

I asked for prayer and this is what you dish out?

I answered you nicely in spite of your rudeness and you could care less

what you do, is done only to yourself. the rest of us are not playing games here

you do as you will then

E

eternally-gratefull

moderator:
If you (broad "you", not just you two specifically) people cannot discuss a topic without these types of accusations, then stay out of the discussion.

so maybe just stop threatening others with a moderator when you are the one that was told to calm down

yes he WAS talking to everyone

using scripture to hurl at others like a javelin is just as bad as I have already stated to notuptome
Lol..

Reasoning? Thanks for proving you did not read a thing I said.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
EVERY person who has accepted Christ is indeed sealed with the Holy Spirit

you cannot be saved with the Spirit of God

don't confuse what is recorded in Acts. the disciples and other followers of Christ were ALREADY SAVED.

the record of Acts describes the baptism, with speaking in tongues, as a SEPARATE occasion

saying things like you only have God and Jesus but no Holy Spirit is the type of incorrect belief that sets cessationists on the edge and I can't quite blame them

let's stick to what the Bible actually states :)

And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Ephesians 1:13

salvation is by faith...so is the baptism in the Holy Spirit

we ask...God gives...
The Bible says they were already saved and then LATER the Holy Spirit came upon them.

E

eternally-gratefull

I praise the Lord with you for their salvation. But, it’s just the first step EG.
Did you read a thing I said? Did I sound like I said they stopped there?

Many of them are now spiritual leaders. Because they did not STOP at the first step. They have spent decades doing all kinds of steps. How did they get there when it appears according to some they do not have the means to get there because they do not have certain gifts?