Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Paul does not specifically reference speaking in tongues in Ephesians but that does not change what he points out in another epistle. Paul makes it clear that those speaking in an unknown tongue are speaking to God. He also mentions praying and singing in the spirit as well as his regular language. All of these are ways the Holy Ghost edifies His children.
Paul was clear in Ephesians and note....the church at Ephesus was not carnal, immature and sporting some 15 errors like the Corinthian church was........he states clearly what evidences are found in one that is being continually filled with the Spirit and tongues was not listed....take it up with God.......

E

eternally-gratefull

Why do you think someone will attack those who teach, preach or promote obedience to God if he himself teaches the same thing? Are you now saying that dcon was double talking when he insists that faith alone saves while all along he was teaching obedience to God? Now it's clear to me that the real intention was to provoke an argument to keep the thread alive for whatever personal gain or satisfaction and not really to find the truth and to edify the Christian community in this forum for the glory of God. Well, thank you for your eye-opening remarks.

NIV1984 1 Timothy 6:3-5
If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

"No deceiver would truly teach obedience to God and no true Christian would ever teach DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD."
No one attacks people should be obedient, If we did, we woudl have to attack ourselves

Your precept is in error. So you are untrustworthy.

E

eternally-gratefull

My point is this, we see in both the Old and New Testament the working of the Holy Spirit in the believer in a supernatural way.

Jesus said this would happen Mtt 28 and Mark 16

Acts confirm it not three times but 5 times where those saved and many filled with the Holy Spirit 8000 and many more.

God only flooded the earth once yet today some Christians teach that was metaphorically not literal. They also teach the bible is not the word of God be contains it. Now, these same name sayers tell us we build a doctrine on three verses in the bible LOL hahahahah right. Yet they cannot show one verse, not ONE where the gifts of the Holy Spirit are not for today NOT ONE LOL.
You do realise he preaches sinless perfection do you not?

Tongues is the least of his worries.

Dec 12, 2013
It becomes all to obvious that Charismatics are bias and lack honesty when one can post factual statements and get red x's

The following are FACTUAL statements of truth.......

a. Paul states clearly what evidences are seen in one who is continually filled with the spirit in Ephesians 5
b. The Corinthian church was carnal, immature and had some 15 errors
c. TONGUES is not listed in Ephesians 5

To red X these truths proves not only bias, but a complete lack of honesty....!! States a lot about one's character

CS1

May 23, 2012
Paul was clear in Ephesians and note....the church at Ephesus was not carnal, immature and sporting some 15 errors like the Corinthian church was........he states clearly what evidences are found in one that is being continually filled with the Spirit and tongues was not listed....take it up with God.......
do you think one speaks in tongues every time one if refilled? I have been a Pentecostal minister for over 30 years and I know we do not teach that. One baptism many fillings or as we see in the KJV unction of the Holy Spirit or refilled.

Eph 5:18 filled
2cor 4:16 renewed day by day.
1thess 5:19 Do not quench the Spirit.
Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Phil 1:19-22
Rom 8:26
it is alife in the Holy Spirit who is with us at all times.

E

eternally-gratefull

Some people I think just like to egg others on

I refuse to fall for that trap anymore

E

eternally-gratefull

It becomes all to obvious that Charismatics are bias and lack honesty when one can post factual statements and get red x's

a. Paul states clearly what evidences are seen in one who is continually filled with the spirit in Ephesians 5

To red X these truths proves not only bias, but a complete lack of honesty....!! States a lot about one's character
I think they are just trying to get us to respond

Not even worth it anymore. I think some have shown their true colors/ so be it .

CS1

May 23, 2012
You do realise he preaches sinless perfection do you not?

Tongues is the least of his worries.
If you want to change the topic to sinless perfection because you can't formulate a biblical response in context to the topic, that is none of my concern.

E

eternally-gratefull

If you want to change the topic to sinless perfection because you can't formulate a biblical response in context to the topic, that is none of my concern.
It has nothign to do with what I want my friend

it has to do with what he is trying to teach

And who said I was trying to change the subject?

CS1

May 23, 2012

the red X FYI just means one does not agree with you Please maybe you should look at the icons so your feeling doesn't get hurt.
You make foolish attacks and resort to name calling and you clearly don't even know what a red X means. YOu say one is lacking honesty and bias and has character issues all because one Disagree with you.

Think about the next time you see a RED X and how much of an immature person you and other who flip out over a RED X LOL

Please try reading it will help your ability to make your disagreement of those who use a RED X to say they do not agree with you. Next, you will be sending people to hell for placing GREEN check marks

Dec 12, 2013
do you think one speaks in tongues every time one if refilled? I have been a Pentecostal minister for over 30 years and I know we do not teach that. One baptism many fillings or as we see in the KJV unction of the Holy Spirit or refilled.

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
I can only go by what PAUL states.....he uses a present, passive imperative Greek verb with subordinate clauses = the evidence of......The present shows continual action, the passive is what causes it, the imperative is the command and the clauses show the evidence......what I do not understand is WHY you guys would fight the truth that the Corinthian church was carnal, immature and had some major issues with this.......and why you would reject the obvious conclusions of Ephesians 5 and what is/is not listed as proof of BEING presently, continually filled?????

Dec 12, 2013
the red X FYI just means one does not agree with you Please maybe you should look at the icons so your feeling doesn't get hurt.
You make foolish attacks and resort to name calling and you clearly don't even know what a red X means. YOu say one is lacking honesty and bias and has character issues all because one Disagree with you.

Think about the next time you see a RED X and how much of an immature person you and other who flip out over a RED X LOL

Please try reading it will help your ability to make your disagreement of those who use a RED X to say they do not agree with you. Next, you will be sending people to hell for placing GREEN check marks
I know what the red x means and you disagreed with factual truths......a spade is a spade bro......

Dec 12, 2013

Refilled?.........scriptures in context that show such a thing as being REFILLED and UNFILLING.......

CS1

May 23, 2012
I can only go by what PAUL states.....he uses a present, passive imperative Greek verb with subordinate clauses = the evidence of......The present shows continual action, the passive is what causes it, the imperative is the command and the clauses show the evidence......what I do not understand is WHY you guys would fight the truth that the Corinthian church was carnal, immature and had some major issues with this.......and why you would reject the obvious conclusions of Ephesians 5 and what is/is not listed as proof of BEING presently, continually filled?????

now we are fighting the truth? your truth as you see it, Well I disagree with your position and I did not have to say to you as you did and accuse you of fighting the truth. or reject what you think is an obvious conclusion.

See what I think the word of God shows in 1Corinthians from chapter 1 to 15 is a correction to a church not the removal of the church or the working of the Holy Spirit. the proof that you see is not contextual. Nothing in the Greek or the writing of Paul in gal Eph or 1cor removes the gifts of the Holy Spirit but corrects for the greater good for the whole body of Christ. So I disagree with and I did not have to say names like you do to make my point. X

E

eternally-gratefull

now we are fighting the truth? your truth as you see it, Well I disagree with your position and I did not have to say to you as you did and accuse you of fighting the truth. or reject what you think is an obvious conclusion.

See what I think the word of God shows in 1Corinthians from chapter 1 to 15 is a correction to a church not the removal of the church or the working of the Holy Spirit. the proof that you see is not contextual. Nothing in the Greek or the writing of Paul in gal Eph or 1cor removes the gifts of the Holy Spirit but corrects for the greater good for the whole body of Christ. So I disagree with and I did not have to say names like you do to make my point. X
DC did not say God removed gifting from the corinthian church.

How can you expect him to understand you, and even converse with you if you continue to misrepresent what he is saying?

CS1

May 23, 2012
I know what the red x means and you disagreed with factual truths......a spade is a spade bro......
I do not know what you mean with the Spade comment if that means you can call me names because you think I am biblically wrong guess again. I tried to speak to you this time respectfully even after what just said you did not get the hint. you say you know what the red X means then why you flip out when one gives you one? You need help both you and EG lose your collective minds over a red x

E

eternally-gratefull

I do not know what you mean with the Spade comment if that means you can call me names because you think I am biblically wrong guess again. I tried to speak to you this time respectfully even after what just said you did not get the hint. you say you know what the red X means then why you flip out when one gives you one? You need help both you and EG lose your collective minds over a red x
Oh boy

You misrepresent him again

And get over yourself dude, We do not lose our minds over red x’s

Your false accusations are getting tiresome.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Like I said above......hilariously sad..................
really I will take that as you do not know how to respond and have conceded to me Biblically at the point I made because if you think saying "it's hilariously" and sad" makes my point moot you would be mistaken.