Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Did Jesus ever speak in tongues?
Was he baptised to be saved?

I found this line of thinking funny.
Ok.
Thanks for answering.

What do you think though?

E

eternally-gratefull

Waggles,

Hi.

Why the sad face and the red x

Not angry or upset
Just asking.

Bill.
He goes on those rants, where he just red x’s everyones post.. Yet does not respond to any of them..

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Unbelief (no faith) of what and who?. Your understanding? The faith of God? Or the faith of a unknown wonderment of experience?

The Son of man, Jesus in Mathew 4 did not give into mysticism . With every new experience of what some call out of the body or near death, unknow tongue or falling backward.. as a wonderment. The Father not seen would give Jesus words to say. . . . as it is written . Three time to s denote the end of the matter. The it in regard to as it is written it which represents the unseen it is our interpreting power that we have in us. ? It easy when yoked remember he also beings to our minds the things he has taught us. He is not finished with us yet

2 Corinthians 4:7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Not my belief but His command.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Ok.
Thanks for answering.

What do you think though?
my thoughts?

Jesus is God there was not a language He did not know LOL Jesus did not need to be saved He never sinned nor did He have to repent.

Dec 12, 2013
Some are so desperate to make paul preach repentance from baptism. They fail to realise

1. Everytime Paul gave th egospel wherever he went in the book of Acts, He never mentioned baptism as a means of salvation.
2. In NONE of his epistles. When he speaks of how one has been granted salvation did he mention baptism as a means.

This persons example and proof is offset by the facts that paul never once taught immersion by baptism (in water) (Paul did however, mention baptism of the spirit in quite a few of his writings.
Amen....faith alone is what saves a man....immersion is the picture of said salvation and what has taken place for the believer.....a righteous act of obedience....it neither saves nor tops off and finishes salvation........those that embellish faith with it for <--false gospel with no power to save a flea, much less a man!!

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
I don't see any response to the scripture proofs given.
As usual your tactic is to belittle and deviate from the points given.
I choose to accept God's word for what it says.
The only power of God unto salvation is the gospel where water baptism is not a part. It is received by faith. Faith comes upon hearing the word of God. Now let me see if you choose to accept God's words says here.

Romans 1:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Ephesians 1:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Amen....faith alone is what saves a man....immersion is the picture of said salvation and what has taken place for the believer.....a righteous act of obedience....it neither saves nor tops off and finishes salvation........those that embellish faith with it for <--false gospel with no power to save a flea, much less a man!!
I'm assuming if baptism saves and tongues are evidence of it then the minute you get out of the pool you are speaking in tongues.

Dec 12, 2013
I'm assuming if baptism saves and tongues are evidence of it then the minute you get out of the pool you are speaking in tongues.
Amen........I do not recall Paul or the Ethopian uttering some mumbo jumbo when they were saved and or converted.........but hey.....religion exceeds at binding men down in particular religious practices.............thank God the truth sets us free from such bondage

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
At the end of the day God will judge.

And he will judge our hearts and execute his perfect judgement.

As for me I will leave that up to him.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Amen........I do not recall Paul or the Ethopian uttering some mumbo jumbo when they were saved and or converted.........but hey.....religion exceeds at binding men down in particular religious practices.............thank God the truth sets us free from such bondage
I agree

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
If your not baptised in the spirit. Your dead, and not saved sis.

You can not be granted remission of sin apart from being baptized by God into his death, burial body and cross.

Until then, Your dead in your sin.

The ANOINTING of the spirit (the HS coming inside us, just as he came on Christ at his baptism) as a symbol of what happens to us when we are spiritually baptized into him, is what gives us the power to walk.
Holy Spirit baptism is that anointing that comes from within and UPON the believer. The anointing gives the Word from God to men or actions through the power of God to touch in whatever way He chooses.

The one ministering knows the power is not of self. Nor the actions. Others recognize God is at work.

There is the Spirit of Christ that life’s our spirit with the gospel of Jesus. The new birth. The power of the blood.

This is what I grew up hearing and I would guess most of us were the same.

It was God Himself that baptized me in Holy Spirit at an evangelistic conference called Explo ‘72 in Dallas, by the Billy Graham and Bill Bright ministries. No Pentecostal teachings yet He baptized me at the invitation to receive Holy Spirit. I was already born again but knew nothing about Holy Spirit or gifts.

I am sure I wasn’t the only one but I didn’t hear of it.

It’s two experiences of the grace of God and the third may be about to happen. The fullness. Some are moving in this already, doing the greater works already.

Wake up sleepers..