Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Yes but what matters is that you believe it. :(
I believe the word of the woman who testifies of it. Why would God, the perfect Father, not care for the children enough to give them the same joy as we have here?

Maybe what is here on earth is just a replica of what is in heaven? Plausible is my word.

U

UnderGrace

Waggles, I knew I would find it. Holy Spirit never leaves us down. 😇

The word is overshadowed.

G1982
ἐπισκιάζω
episkiazō
ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo
From G1909 and a derivative of G4639; to cast a shade upon, that is, (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy; figuratively to invest with preternatural influence: - overshadow.
Total KJV occurrences: 5

Preternatural:

Preternatural
PRETERNAT'URAL, adjective [Latin proeter and natural.] Beyond what is natural, or different from what is natural; irregular. We call those events in the physical world preternatural which are extraordinary, which are deemed to be beyond or without the ordinary course of things, and yet are not deemed miraculous; in distinction from events which are supernatural, which cannot be produced by physical laws or powers, and must therefore be produced by a direct exertion of omnipotence. We also apply the epithet to things uncommon or irregular; as a preternatural swelling; a preternatural pulse; a preternatural excitement or temper.

Do you know the 5 occurrences.....context is always helpful.

U

UnderGrace

I believe the word of the woman who testifies of it. Why would God, the perfect Father, not care for the children enough to give them the same joy as we have here?

Maybe what is here on earth is just a replica of what is in heaven? Plausible is my word.
Well I guess this is where we differ, I adhere to what is revealed in scripture and do not go beyond.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Jesus superseded time, space, order, rank.

supersede[ soo-per-seed ]SHOW IPA
SYNONYMS|EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGIN
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR supersede ON THESAURUS.COM
verb (used with object), su·per·sed·ed, su·per·sed·ing.
to replace in power, authority, effectiveness, acceptance, use, etc., as by another person or thing.
to set aside or cause to be set aside as void, useless, or obsolete, usually in favor of something mentioned; make obsolete:
They superseded the old statute with a new one.
to succeed to the position, function, office, etc., of; supplant.
RELATED WORDS

annul, repudiate, supplant, usurp, overrule, supplement, oust, suspend, displace, remove, replace, succeed, reject, abandon, discard, desert, forsake, outmode, outplace
NEARBY WORDS
supersaur, supersaver, superscribe, superscript, superscription, supersede, supersedeas, supersedure, superseniority, supersensible, supersensitive
ORIGIN OF SUPERSEDE
1485–95; < Latin supersedēre to sit above or upon, forbear, equivalent to super- super- + sedēre to sit1
SYNONYMS FOR SUPERSEDE
1See replace.
2void, overrule, annul, revoke, rescind.

Not natural but?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Have to go and tend to dogs, parrot, and cat. My life is not my own.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
PRETERNAT'URAL, adjective [Latin proeter and natural.] Beyond what is natural, or different from what is natural; irregular. We call those events in the physical world preternatural which are extraordinary, which are deemed to be beyond or without the ordinary course of things, and yet are not deemed miraculous;
I see you are using E-sword - good program
preternatural by this definition is not supernatural
in the NT, especially the epistles, the words spirit and spiritual are most commonly used in regards to the saints
sanctified ones by the Holy Spirit

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Paul could not speak about heaven , was that not why a thorn was put in his side , to keep him humble about bragging of what he saw ?
I believe heaven and hell are for after this life , and Disneyland in heaven ? sounds like something jesse De-Plantis ( can`t spell his name ) would preach , and he is away with the mixer in his false visits to heaven...

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
WRONG
you really have no idea at all
been in a Pentecostal meeting where the gift of prophecy is operated ??
obviously not !!
Umm, i see your bias spirit but i would go to the word that phropesy means exposition or interpretation, thus it is to preach. Paul would certainly encourage young Timothy to stir up the gift, he says "Preach the Word", which is the basic meaning in the apostolic times.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
You have no idea nor any experience of the gift of prophecy (one of nine gifts) that is given to the Spirit-filled church to be operated
during a meeting.
The gift is God directly speaking to his church, the body of Christ, teaching us of spiritual truths about the Word, and also from time
to time of what is happening in the world and how this will effect us.
Just because you are in a church that does not operate the gifts of the Holy Spirit is no good reason to slander the work of the
Holy Spirit.
What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation.
Let all things be done for building up.
1Corinthians 14:26 (ESV)
Do you have any idea about "prophecy" thing?

Jul 23, 2018
That is not what Acts 10 teaches. You are completely wrong. You completely miss the teaching of the chapter you cite. The Holy Spirit does not teach what you espouse from Acts 10.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
If i say Jesus drank wine you would refute it

Jul 23, 2018
If the Holy Spirit can be given BEFORE the gospel message of Salvation, then there was no need for Peter to be there.

I've often pondered what would have happened to me if the Holy Spirit was given to me before the Blood and Body of Yeshua/Jesus.........:unsure:

I would NOT have been a NEW Wineskin and I would have burst! :eek:
David had the holy Spirit. No gospel , salvation message.
What was the anointing on elijah? Elisha?
Sampson?
Did they burst?
Is heaven bound by our doctrinal boundries?
In acts 10 it says nothing about them believing or having a chance to process peters words.
It says "while peter spoke they spoke in tongues"
Re read it.
I just rest in what it says.
I dont need it to say something else.
Besides what part of the godhead plows up the sinners heart pre-salvation?
The Holy Spirit draws men to Jesus.
Under your perrameters the Holy Spirit must be hands off until AFTER someone is born again.
I would venture that never happens because they would be saved in a mental dynamic.
No,the Holy Spirit is active in the sinner pre-conversion

Jul 23, 2018
I can not mentally process the trinity.
I dont have to.
Acts 10 is the same.
It just happened.
I would dare say to tweak those with set doctrinal patterns.
Sooner or later that bible will offend you.
It is not a mere book. It will,at some point FORCE you to make a decision.

That is the main dynamic in preaching.
Is to force them to Jordan.
Jordan is change.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
That would make sense, if "wisdom" were among the gifts of the Spirit. It isn't; the gift is "the word of wisdom"; i.e. a word from God spoken into a specific situation at a specific time.

Also, I don't accept that "public speaking" is "prophecy" (prophesying). What Daniel did was not public speaking. What Agabus did was not public speaking. The scriptural witness just doesn't support that view. As I see it, the "public speaking" interpretation was invented by ungifted people who wanted to pretend that they had the gift of prophecy.

1My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;

2So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;

3Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

4If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

5Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

6For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

7He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.

8He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.

9Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

10When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;

11Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:

12To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Speaking words in the power of Holy Spirit.

Smith Wigglesworth is the best example for me to give to those who don’t understand.

He didn’t ever prepare a message. And he didn’t start until the anointing came. That’s prophecy when speaking a message from God that just flows.

Nothing wrong with preaching/teaching. Am just explaining the difference.
Honestly, a man who hit and kick sick persons for to heal and proclaim word of faith teaching is no example for to prophecie the word of God.
The question is which spirit was behind them.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
That’s what men saw at Pentecost’s beginning. They said they are drunk. Until Peter began to speak in power.

If you ever hear someone speak this way, you will declare this is God! Unless you are of the wicked one.

I did the same for a time. I resisted...until He touched me too.

Each time you all criticize the move of Holy Spirit, you are like the words of Jesus who says you won’t go in yourself, and you keep others from entering too.

Sorry..
Peter certainly did speak in power at Pentecost, was not drunk and there are believers today who speak in power and is of God, which is not to be confused with what's going on in false religions and counterfeit-revivals. I have heard believers speak in power before and knew it was from God, yet I have also heard imposters who who are of the wicked one abuse spiritual gifts to the point of perverting the gospel by teaching that if you have not spoken in tongues, you have not yet received the Holy Spirit and won't be saved. Don't be so gullible to believe that EVERYONE who CLAIMS to speak in power is from God. There are imposters.

I don't criticize the move of the Holy Spirit. Only imposters/counterfeits who pervert the gospel and are out to deceive others. In regards to the words of Jesus that you cited, "you won't go in yourself, and you keep others from entering too." (Matthew 23:13) The Pharisees rejected God's righteousness and were seeking to establish their own righteousness (Romans 10:3) and taught others to do the same. Their legalism and self righteousness obscured the narrow gate by which the kingdom must be entered.