Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Do you even live in reality? How do you surmise that I AM THE ONE painted in a corner!? LOL

This guy Sumrall is a SUPPORTER of Wigglesworth! He KNEW him.

We weren't talking about the veracity of the claim of the stomach cancer guy getting healed.
We were talking about the METHOD used.

Alright. There are VOLUMES of evidence that Wigglesworth used violence to "heal" people. Every once in a while I need to stop in here and pop the fantasy bubble that Wigglesworth was a good guy to be admired. Carry on with your delusion.
Amen... walk by faith

Its the result to those who must walk according to what the eyes see (no faith) Jesus called then the evil generation knowing their end.

If they are believers they are in a dark place I would think

Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

Its another of the many idea that come from turning shadows Laying on of hands one of the manner of prayer . like folding hands or bowing down the temporal used in ceremonial laws they oppose faith the unseen substance according to our prescription to give the illusion the kingdom of God could come by observation rather than faith The upside-downer father of lies would have us believe it is all one thing shadows as if we were the new creation the kingdom of God and we did have our new incorruptible bodies that aged to show the wrath of God.

The gospel of the god of this corrupted creation. The corrupted human touch. Even Jesus as the Son of man when worshipped as infallible interpreter (good Master) in respect to His Father.. . . replied only God is good. Or in other words . . . why look at my flesh that I said profits for nothing as if some good come out of death and decay.

Laying on of hands as the human touch is no different that folding hands, a request of our hearts prepared by the will of God . .It will not move the will of God

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Show me your claim.
Dig it out.
Show me.
I will wait.
Let us see this bogey man .
Read the gospels and acts. Is this not proof enough? Nowhere Jesus ore the apostles kicked ore punched somebody for to heal. If you think I am wrong, then you are the one who show me the scripture, so that I can change my mind.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Ok,either you cant read or you can not prove your claims about Wigglesworth
Then go and google: "Smith Wigglesworth prophecies critic " Then you will find not only Wigglesworths supporters, but also sites from people which compare his teachings with the word of God.
And we should take the word of God as measure and not our feelings, expieriences, our likes and dislikes and also not our manwisdom.

Jul 23, 2018
Read the gospels and acts. Is this not proof enough? Nowhere Jesus ore the apostles kicked ore punched somebody for to heal. If you think I am wrong, then you are the one who show me the scripture, so that I can change my mind.
Under your yardstick most of the bible is wrong because nowhere did the events happen a second time everytime .
The blind man healed had to be fake because nowhere before did mud in eyes produce sight.
Even a baptist preacher with a bible has to be fake.
Nowhere in the bible is there anyone with a suit and tie.
And nowhere is there a bible in the bible.
So all that is modern stuff is fake.
It is nowhere in the bible.

Can we say L-E-G-A-L-I-S-I-M ?

Jul 23, 2018
You can not prove it.
I will leep that under advisement.
You just heard it and hope for it to be true.
You are not interested in anything but skewed gossip.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Wolf, the devil cannot imitate something that causes one to glorify Jesus, and love Father.
You are shure? Do you looking into the heart from evrrybody who claimes to love Jesus ore do the will of the father? How many crimes where done from proplewho clsimes to live Jesus and do the will of the father?
The danger is, that the devil can imitate. He is called: Angel of light. And light is origin our Lord Jesus!

Jul 23, 2018
You are shure? Do you looking into the heart from evrrybody who claimes to love Jesus ore do the will of the father? How many crimes where done from proplewho clsimes to live Jesus and do the will of the father?
The danger is, that the devil can imitate. He is called: Angel of light. And light is origin our Lord Jesus!
You got a big devil and little God.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
How to tell a True Man of God from and Anti Christ or false preacher

If when the Word is rightly divided you can find what is being teached or preached, it is of God. If it is not in there, it is false.

Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

And for those who need that 2nd witness. That is read ALL. How much is that? Most? A lot? Left a tiny bit out? NO. He said ALL.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Under your yardstick most of the bible is wrong because nowhere did the events happen a second time everytime .
The blind man healed had to be fake because nowhere before did mud in eyes produce sight.

Then believe it, and follow it.
At the end our Lord judge us. But, I cant believe a false teacher and if he does miracles and wonders. I have learned that the word of God is the measure.
You got a big devil and little God.
No, but I see the reality. And observe what our Lord Jesus told about it.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
How to tell a True Man of God from and Anti Christ or false preacher

If when the Word is rightly divided you can find what is being teached or preached, it is of God. If it is not in there, it is false.

Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

And for those who need that 2nd witness. That is read ALL. How much is that? Most? A lot? Left a tiny bit out? NO. He said ALL.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
You are right, but often someone who has a false teaching is mixing it with the truth.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Then post your verse refuting what it said and show me their conversion before they spoke in tongues

Lets see who is assuming.
Did they speak in tongues WHILE PETER WAS SPEAKING?
YES OR NO?
I will wait.
IN Acts chapter 10 starting at verse 34 Peter is preaching Christ to them.

You can see this in verses 35 to 37

" But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 36 The word which God sent to the [l]children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus ChristHe is Lord of all— 37 that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached:

The empowering of the Holy Spirit is for the Believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. The speaking in tongues didn't happen until they were saved. nowhere does the context even suggest they were not saved and received the empowering of the Holy Spirit before conversion. That is why Peter said

"Then Peter answered, 47 “Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?

They believed they received and they were baptized after they were saved.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
You are right, but often someone who has a false teaching is mixing it with the truth.
From the very first sentence Satan utters in the garden, the truth with a curly Q attached. His best weapon, deception. Satan works more from the pulpit than anywhere else. But you just wait until God starts pouring out upon His sons and daughters etc.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Then post your verse refuting what it said and show me their conversion before they spoke in tongues

Lets see who is assuming.
Did they speak in tongues WHILE PETER WAS SPEAKING?
YES OR NO?
I will wait.[/QUOTE

I have the context of Acts ten. From verse 34 to 47

CS1

May 23, 2012
""Show me in Scripture where the Lord used violence to heal someone.""
You act like you are not referring to Wigglesworth.
I am calling you on your gossip column factoids.

You are so far into left field,it is like catching mother teresa in some comprimise and damning her.

lol don't know how S. Wigglesworth became part of the topic LOl but yes his methods of ministry were highly criticized as they should have been. However, they were much healing work through him documented. I think God healed people in spite of his ignorance. He was not an educated man.

Mar 28, 2016

L-E-G-A-L-I-S-I-M in respect to what law. What does the law confirm? What do Stammering lips as mocking words have to do with the tongues doctrine?

What does the law confirm. Good sign as a blessing or one to stay away from as a curse?

1 Corinthians 14:20-22 King James Version (KJV) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
From the very first sentence Satan utters in the garden, the truth with a curly Q attached. His best weapon, deception. Satan works more from the pulpit than anywhere else. But you just wait until God starts pouring out upon His sons and daughters etc.
I just not understand what you meant with your last sentence.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Instead of generalizing show the breakdown of how SPECICICALLY, they
Did as you say. Post the verse.
Anybody can willy nilly assume they are right for no apparent reason.
Post the verse proving your point, not reacting in a doctrine default.
You claimed that the folks in Acts 10 were saved before they received the Holy Spirit. This is a patently false claim. Another little problem for you is that they spoke in tongues before they received water baptism. Kind of refutes your standard timeline for receiving the Holy Spirit further illustrating your lack of understanding on the subject.

You have a faulty soteriology and everything you build on that faulty foundation will not stand biblical examination.

Ephesians chapter 2 lays out a clear doctrine of the Holy Spirit bringing to life those who were dead in trespass and sin.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

You guys just don’t like what I’m saying.

I don’t understand why you don’t desire the present Presence of God?
This line of reasoning is out of line stone. How do you know we do not feel gods power. I feel it all the time as does all these gentlemen

When you say stuff like this is just makes you look bad!