Born Again Virgin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Liz01

Well.... its very hard to me to see versicles like John 3 a little bit changed in the meaning lol i try but i cant lol

I only would like to point out to ppl reading this thread that bible is the word of God, it doesnt need to be tampered or adapted to a situation or a person because is very powerful and inspired by God who is wise and who touch the heart of the ppl is Him (we dont need to adapt the bible).

Despite that, I understand your posts Julliana and what you trying to explain.
And i respect you very much, you are doing a very good job here supporting and praying for others and im glad you are on CC. :)

B

Beloved57

Yeah :) I'm totally against tampering with scripture as well. But a phrase not in the Bible that may not mean anything to us, but may mean so much to someone else? Why sweat it? :)

Julianna, I not so sure it is not in the Bible, but it may depend on how one reads the passage. I know this is more of speaking to our spiritual side, but I think it could also speak to someone renewing themselves to God bodily, though Jesus Christ.
II Corithians 10:17-11:3
17) But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
18) For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

1) Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2) For I am jealous over you with godly jealously:for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

As the voice told Peter in his dream what God has cleansed, call not common. (Acts 10:14-15) When Christ enters once heart thought the Spirit as you haved stated over and over we become new creatures, and the blood of Christ covers any and all sins for He gave His life in the greatest act of love (John 15:13). This kind of love covereth all sin (Proverbs 10:12; I Peter 4:8)

U

Ugly

I only hope that we as christians keep encouraging things like love, faith, forgiveness and purity that are inside the bible.

And not that we (as church) find ourselves start encouraging things like "born again virgin" that are non-biblical.
But again, why should you even care if someone wants to use this term? Really. If using this term helps them move forward in their lives and walks, and its not hurting anyone, or hampering their own walk why are you so concerned about it? Ok, it's not biblical, but so what? Bottom line the heart of the person to is to move past their old sins and to start a new life in Christ, and if they want to put some kind of label, like born again virgin, on that decision, why not spend more efforts to support their heart decision and stop worry about the wording? Its just words. The words they choose to use is not the priority. These words only show a desire to move forward and its time to stop putting people down or criticizing this choice. Nitpicking over a few words like this is ridiculous. Let people work out their salvation and keep you opinions out of it if you can't support their overall goal because you're too caught up in the words they picked to represent it.

J

Jullianna

Julianna, I not so sure it is not in the Bible, but it may depend on how one reads the passage. I know this is more of speaking to our spiritual side, but I think it could also speak to someone renewing themselves to God bodily, though Jesus Christ.
II Corithians 10:17-11:3
17) But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
18) For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

1) Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2) For I am jealous over you with godly jealously:for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

As the voice told Peter in his dream what God has cleansed, call not common. (Acts 10:14-15) When Christ enters once heart thought the Spirit as you haved stated over and over we become new creatures, and the blood of Christ covers any and all sins for He gave His life in the greatest act of love (John 15:13). This kind of love covereth all sin (Proverbs 10:12; I Peter 4:8)
I love that all things become new again, just as scripture says. I just mean that those exact words don't appear. :)

Thank you for the scriptures. Beautiful. :)

L

Liz01

But again, why should you even care if someone wants to use this term? Really. If using this term helps them move forward in their lives and walks, and its not hurting anyone, or hampering their own walk why are you so concerned about it? Ok, it's not biblical, but so what? Bottom line the heart of the person to is to move past their old sins and to start a new life in Christ, and if they want to put some kind of label, like born again virgin, on that decision, why not spend more efforts to support their heart decision and stop worry about the wording? Its just words. The words they choose to use is not the priority. These words only show a desire to move forward and its time to stop putting people down or criticizing this choice. Nitpicking over a few words like this is ridiculous. Let people work out their salvation and keep you opinions out of it if you can't support their overall goal because you're too caught up in the words they picked to represent it.
Ugly, I already explained my point of view in previous posts it seems that you didnt understand so please read them carefully again.

And as i said, we should encourage love, purity and that we are born again, that we are washed by the blood of Christ and our sins are forgiven and keep supporting ppl but with the things that are inside the bible with a healthy gospel. We should not do the contrary just because is "important" to someone but its not important the bible to that person, because its wrong trying to temper or to adapt John 3 or 2 Corinthians because someone feels "uncomfortable" with what bible say.
The power of God is enough big to heal, we dont have the need to make up weird things.

A

amiracle

I thought this thread had died too but just to be clear once again, I did not mean to judge anyone or criticize anyone. I guess I worded my post wrong. There are a few issues I have with the "born again virgin" thing but I was just wondering how you guys felt about it first. This was my first thread ever posted on this website. Basically, it's like a previous poster said about how the ex-alcoholics and ex drug addicts are automatically treated with grace from other christians but the sexual sin is treated so bad. I know so many girls who want to be virgins again and there are so many self help books about staying pure and being a virgin is such a big deal. Its as if sex is the ONLY sin there is. The problem is when people who have lived promiscuously try to change, they are still called jezebels and all those other names I gave before by other christians in the church. "Re-virginizing" and being a born again virgin is treated as a joke on television shows. One of my friends from college goes around telling her testimony of how she used to be promiscuous but settled down and is a new person. Yet everyone on campus (even so called christians) constantly brought up her past and called her names. Basically what is the point in trying to be a virgin again when 1) you will never be a virgin again, 2) why is virginity and purity such a big isssue in the christian church compared to other sins and 3) no one is going to take you serious and constantly remind you of your former life if you go around claiming you are a born again virgin but everyone only remembers you being the opposite (for lack of better words).
Not trying to keep this thred going or start a debate, just wanted to clear up what I meant. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Scripture says aomething like whoever has committed one sin has committed them all and no sin is too great or too small for His grace so if you want to reclaim your purity go right ahead and call it what you want just know that response from others will most likely not be supportive especially if you were known as a "jezebel" or whatever names people want to call you. Only God can ultimately judge you and decide where you go after this life so don't get discouraged if friends, enemies, christians, church, etc are not supportive of your new found purity

M

MC

I was wild in my youth and have recently found God. Does that mean there is no hope for me?

B

Beloved57

I was wild in my youth and have recently found God. Does that mean there is no hope for me?

If you found God thru Jesus Christ, you have the One and only Hope for the World.
Titus 2:13; I John 3:1-3.

J

Jullianna

MC, ALL of us, virgins or not, have fallen short of the holiness of God and have sinned against Him. If you have found Him, if you have repented and asked Him to be your Lord and Savior, you have EVERY hope for all eternity. :)

Welcome to the family of God, Sister! :)

Aug 2, 2009
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." - Luke 6:37 NIV

Last edited: