Bowing or worshipping an image

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Exodus chapter 20 vs 4-6 said thou shall not make any images for yourself neither bow..

My question is...

Is it good to worship Holy Mary because is the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ?
Is it also good enough having the image of our lord Jesus Christ has a portrait in our houses or in the church?

Evangelist Segun(Missionary)
theres diffrent reasons for bowing tho. it becomes a habbit and an instinct to nod your head lol. I imagine if i walked with Jesus at the time he was here in the physical body, when i met his mum mary, I would of bowed my head out of self respect with a smile. i may have even shook hands with her and gave her a holy kiss on the cheek. If i would have had a camera at the time i would of took a picture. of both Jesus and mary. So heres the question what difference would there be if i had a real genuine picture of Jesus and mary on my wall today.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
theres diffrent reasons for bowing tho. it becomes a habbit and an instinct to nod your head lol. I imagine if i walked with Jesus at the time he was here in the physical body, when i met his mum mary, I would of bowed my head out of self respect with a smile. i may have even shook hands with her and gave her a holy kiss on the cheek. If i would have had a camera at the time i would of took a picture. of both Jesus and mary. So heres the question what difference would there be if i had a real genuine picture of Jesus and mary on my wall today.
The problem is, bible say not bow before the image

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
The problem is, bible say not bow before the image
the commandment as i know it says you must not bow down or show effection towards any other Gods, who are the other Gods ?

the commandment says also you must not make any image of the heavens, i asume that means the stars. and you must not make any image of the earth and worship it,
so i assume that means bulls or animals, and in one faith i herd they where worshipping an idol of a frog.
so heres the thing do you know any christians who worship idols of animals or images of the heavens (stars) ? do you know any christians that worship any other Gods, and who are those other Gods ?

Lastly this was an old testerment commandment when there was no image of christ in our mind, so how do you know the image of christ we have today isnt close enough and does it have to be accurate ? because arnt you still worshipping christ ?

This is why i say what diffrence does it make, if we had a real picture of christ, surely you would worship that image. the image of christ we have today may not be accurate but then where still worshiping christ God. worshipping the correct God.

It makes me laugh this because alot of people say where not under the law anymore in this forum, but when this topic comes up, it well and truly looks as if we are still under the law.
Because those who break this law are cursed by it here in this forum.

Apr 27, 2021
But that's a physical seeing, is different from what you don't have the idea how it looks....Just from Imagination and fiction. If you eventually have the real picture, That's fine but nothing should attached to it in your Subconscious mind that I need to worship or bow before this image because it already written by GOD himself not man. You can just have it as a Portrait not as a spiritual adornment.

Apr 27, 2021
You should only worship God. Mary is not God. Since no one knows what Lord Jesus looks like, a picture is harmless, unless it is an object of worship.

Exactly.
Good and fine, That's it...
God bless you real good

Apr 27, 2021
Imagine this kind of pics below, What is the assurance that this is not one of those Actor?

Attachments

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
But that's a physical seeing, is different from what you don't have the idea how it looks....Just from Imagination and fiction. If you eventually have the real picture, That's fine but nothing should attached to it in your Subconscious mind that I need to worship or bow before this image because it already written by GOD himself not man. You can just have it as a Portrait not as a spiritual adornment.
Hi @Minister01 nope its not jus physicial seeing. Jesus said where there is a natural body there is a spiritual body. Do you see the spiritual body of everyone you look at.

Apr 27, 2021
Hi @Minister01 nope its not jus physicial seeing. Jesus said where there is a natural body there is a spiritual body. Do you see the spiritual body of everyone you look at.
Ok I got it, Just a portrait
You can see the spiritual body because is a spirit and that belongs to God.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Imagine this kind of pics below, What is the assurance that this is not one of those Actor?
Again this is picture Of Jesus and its the spirit of Jesus we worship, which cant be seen in this picture. But the name is the same. which means where not worshipping false Gods.

Apr 27, 2021
Again this is picture Of Jesus and its the spirit of Jesus we worship, which cant be seen in this picture. But the name is the same. which means where not worshipping false Gods.
The name is the same but his picture is not the same, his spirit also is the same. I got it

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Exodus chapter 20 vs 4-6 said thou shall not make any images for yourself neither bow..

My question is...

Is it good to worship Holy Mary because is the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ?
Is it also good enough having the image of our lord Jesus Christ has a portrait in our houses or in the church?

Evangelist Segun(Missionary)
Revelation 22:8-9
I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

Mary was a fellow servant.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
the commandment as i know it says you must not bow down or show effection towards any other Gods, who are the other Gods ?

the commandment says also you must not make any image of the heavens, i asume that means the stars. and you must not make any image of the earth and worship it,
so i assume that means bulls or animals, and in one faith i herd they where worshipping an idol of a frog.
so heres the thing do you know any christians who worship idols of animals or images of the heavens (stars) ? do you know any christians that worship any other Gods, and who are those other Gods ?

Lastly this was an old testerment commandment when there was no image of christ in our mind, so how do you know the image of christ we have today isnt close enough and does it have to be accurate ? because arnt you still worshipping christ ?

This is why i say what diffrence does it make, if we had a real picture of christ, surely you would worship that image. the image of christ we have today may not be accurate but then where still worshiping christ God. worshipping the correct God.

It makes me laugh this because alot of people say where not under the law anymore in this forum, but when this topic comes up, it well and truly looks as if we are still under the law.
Because those who break this law are cursed by it here in this forum.
To my knowledge worshiping Jesus is by Spirit and truth, not bowing in front of His picture.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

Act 10
25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

Some people bow before Peter statue, and when Cornelius worship Peter, he refuse it
How about worship his statue, if Peter able to see I believe he will tell that people not to bow before his statue

Apr 27, 2021

That's great and correct?