Bringing Down the Spirit of Confusion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nov 14, 2016
The enemy wants to bring strife and confusion in America***Christians have authority to bring down these spirits of confususion, AntiChrist, Islamic extremism, homosexuality, and racial strife***Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

notuptome

May 17, 2013
To quote the great theologian Charlie Brown.

"Oh good grief"

For the cause of Christ
Roger

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Prologue
Rev 1:1  This is the revelation of Jesus the Messiah, which God gave him to show his servants the things that must happen soon. He made it known by sending his messenger to his servant John, 

Rev 1:2  who testified about this message from God and the testimony about Jesus the Messiah. 

Rev 1:3  How blessed is the one who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy and obey what is written in it, for the time is near! 

Greeting to the Seven Churches
Rev 1:4  From John to the seven churches in Asia. May grace and peace be yours from the one who is, who was, and who is coming, from the seven spirits who are in front of his throne,

Rev 1:5  and from Jesus the Messiah, the witness, the faithful one, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To the one who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 

Rev 1:6  and has made us a kingdom, priests for his God and Father, be glory and power forever and ever! Amen.

the facts 

Dec 17, 2013
A lot of the people causing this confusion are Christians.

Nov 14, 2016
The enemy wants to bring strife and confusion in America***Christians have authority to bring down these spirits of confususion, AntiChrist, Islamic extremism, homosexuality, and racial strife***Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
***The works of darkness in our nation can be defeated through prayer***the basic problem in our nation is spiritual***when we rise up and take authority we become part of the solution...

May 12, 2017
The verse you quoted says we wrestle with these things we do not fight them. The only fight we are told fight is the fight of faith...1 Tim 6.12

May 12, 2017
***The works of darkness in our nation can be defeated through prayer***the basic problem in our nation is spiritual***when we rise up and take authority we become part of the solution...
Prayer is not fighting demons. Pleas show me one verse that says we are to fight principalities, powers, the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Jesus said this about taking authority over spirits: Luk3e 10.17-20

[SUP]17 [/SUP]The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” [SUP]18 [/SUP]And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.”

Nov 14, 2016
Prayer is not fighting demons. Pleas show me one verse that says we are to fight principalities, powers, the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Jesus said this about taking authority over spirits: Luk3e 10.17-20

[SUP]17 [/SUP]The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” [SUP]18 [/SUP]And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.”
***the Lord's focus is not to rejoice and become prideful that we have power and authority over Satan for this is dangerous***the more mature we are the more humble we will be***Paul talks about "wrestling" with the evil forces of this world and since Christ has given us this authority there is a reason and purpose for it... I do warn all those who enter into this kind of prayer you will face opposition from evil forces...

May 12, 2017
***the Lord's focus is not to rejoice and become prideful that we have power and authority over Satan for this is dangerous***the more mature we are the more humble we will be***Paul talks about "wrestling" with the evil forces of this world and since Christ has given us this authority there is a reason and purpose for it... I do warn all those who enter into this kind of prayer you will face opposition from evil forces...
Show me where we are told to fight demons with our authority please? Second request.

U

UnderGrace

I agree,

for we read in Jude that Michael the archangel let the Lord rebuke the devil rather than himself.

1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread".......there is a reason for this saying.

Show me where we are told to fight demons with our authority please? Second request.

S

sevenseas

Jesus said to cast them out

you don't fight with them

Jesus already fought that battle and won

maybe you ought to take advantage of that. if you are not engaged, maybe you are no threat

you do understand that the actual battle is between the powers of darkness and God, right?

I guess you are wearing a housecoat instead of the armor of Ephesians

S

sevenseas

The verse you quoted says we wrestle with these things we do not fight them. The only fight we are told fight is the fight of faith...1 Tim 6.12

you have no clue why Paul used the metaphor of wrestling, do you

(that's not a question)

wrestling is an Olympic sport and was in Paul's day too

wake up

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I think 88 is speaking of making declarations with the Word. As the Spirit speaks or shows us.

Am I right or wrong 88?

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
Think 88 is trying to say he has a super spiritual revelation that the rest if us are to immature to understand. It is the typical Pentecostal/Charismatic/word of faith non-sense that I used to believe. First of all, homosexuality and the other so call spirits 88 mentions are works of the flesh that need to be repented from, not cast down or taking authority over and fight with in the spiritual realm.

We need to proclaim the Gospel in it's power so that people will repent, all of these are not spirits they are.
"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21

88 needs to search the Scriptures to understand what the Bible is about.

Nov 14, 2016
I think 88 is speaking of making declarations with the Word. As the Spirit speaks or shows us.

Am I right or wrong 88?
***this is correct***as God leads us in prayer we can declare victory over the works of the devil***when we speak to the mountain it will move...

Nov 14, 2016
Galatians 5:19-21****witchcraft is also a work of the flesh***any work of the flesh in our personal lives must be repented of and overcome***we have authority in the Lord to come against the works of darkness in our world and bring them down***When there is racial strife we pray against that spirit and bring peace---I have seen this done***I know about a brother who was confronted by a witch who tried to put a curse on him; he said: "In the Name of Jesus" and the witch was thrown against the wall and knocked out***these spirits even try to get in the Church like strife, anger, and other evil works which we can pray against and cause to cease...

Nov 14, 2016
Galatians 5:19-21****witchcraft is also a work of the flesh***any work of the flesh in our personal lives must be repented of and overcome***we have authority in the Lord to come against the works of darkness in our world and bring them down***When there is racial strife we pray against that spirit and bring peace---I have seen this done***I know about a brother who was confronted by a witch who tried to put a curse on him; he said: "In the Name of Jesus" and the witch was thrown against the wall and knocked out***these spirits even try to get in the Church like strife, anger, and other evil works which we can pray against and cause to cease...
***I know of an evangelist who was preaching over seas and the Lord showed him the witch doctors would cause him to be killed at the meeting***he asked the Lord what to do and the Lord said whatever you declare I will do it***when the witch doctors began their move he spoke and said the next one of you that moves will be struck dead***they did not attempt to take his life...

Nov 14, 2016
Men and Women of God we have authority in the Name of Jesus and we can use that authority to help restore our Nation...

Nov 14, 2016
Many times we use the authority we have in God to hurt ourselves and others with negative words***we say we can't do something or we say we are weak and it is so***we also speak to others and discourage them by negative words***rather use the authority we have in Christ to Bless what He is Blessing and to Curse what He is cursing...