Bumping Threads

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Senior Member
Sep 4, 2013
31,135
7,220
113
When I signed in this morning, I saw this thread:

http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/115102-trinity-twoness-oneness.html


When I opened it to read the comments, I saw that it was first posted in 2013, and the last RECORDED comment was in April of this year. Yet, when I looked at the Forum Page, it showed that the last comment was 20 hours ago.

My question is: How does one BUMP a zombie thread up to the first page of a Forum WITHOUT leaving a trail of their doing so? By that I mean, doesn't one have to record a "comment" to BUMP the thread up?

Now, the answer would clearly be "apparently not," since this person pulled it off, so how does one BUMP a thread up without leaving/posting a comment? Never mind WHY they would, don't want to get into the reasoning, just the technical aspects of doing it.

Weird
 
Ok, (foot thumping floor wildly) I'm waiting on an answer..........y'all JUST GONNA leave me hanging here?
 
My best guess: maybe someone posted, then deleted their post ?
 
My best guess: maybe someone posted, then deleted their post ?

I just tried a test run by finding one of my old threads and posting a comment bringing it to the first page, then deleting the comment........the thread did not remain on the first page of the Forum, so I guess it does not work that way.....sigh.......