By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 19, 2020
Wonderfully put, but this fact should not be a convenient excuse to merely sit in a comfortable pew for an hour a week while brothers and sisters in Christ are suffering at home only a few blocks away. We need to start getting our hands dirty by involving ourselves in each other's lives.

So when Jesus had washed their feet and put his outer clothing back on, he took his place at the table again and said to them, “Do you understand what I have done for you? You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and do so correctly, for that is what I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you too ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example—you should do just as I have done for you. John 13:12-15

Hi DW..I am finding the more I draw on God.the more works follows...I love it.....can I share...I believe the Lord has asked me to support a poor family in Mityana Uganda..with money and sending sweets biscuits for the family...which I have done.

He placed a homeless person on my heart last week...asked me to ask him if he would like a sandwich and a hot drink..I just knew God asked me to do that in my spirit.
The man in question was so appreciate of my offer he profusely thanked me...I bought him a chicken and bacon sandwich hot cup of coffee.
I felt wonderful inside...I get such satisfaction from helping others....because I believe it is the Lord in me,loving these people.....

It’s like he is pleased with my actions and understanding.....I am growing in God and I can’t get enough...I absolutely love it!.x

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
There's going to be a time you/we figure out we work (ooh key word) out our own salvation. So that.. its not what others are doing.. what are you doing? You/flesh can not be part of this. For no man will glory in His sight. Its ALL Him and to Him alone gets all the glory and praise.

Its easy.. just say "here I am lord .. use me". And let Him lead. :) none of this could have been done with out Him..with out you saying I believe in Jesus and that new birth. Its the new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. So the good works.. are of the spirit.. its all HIM in you. We have to get over it..its all Him. Everything right now.. its all HIM! Take Him out.. and theres no thing here.

He looks for the one.. that will simply say yes.

May 19, 2020
There's going to be a time you/we figure out we work (ooh key word) out our own salvation. So that.. its not what others are doing.. what are you doing? You/flesh can not be part of this. For no man will glory in His sight. Its ALL Him and to Him alone gets all the glory and praise.

Its easy.. just say "here I am lord .. use me". And let Him lead. :) none of this could have been done with out Him..with out you saying I believe in Jesus and that new birth. Its the new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. So the good works.. are of the spirit.. its all HIM in you. We have to get over it..its all Him. Everything right now.. its all HIM! Take Him out.. and theres no thing here.

He looks for the one.. that will simply say yes.

Amen bro....it’s not me doing these acts of work...it’s God in me..I’m just the vessel..which I’m proud to be.

All the Glory goes to God...I just submitt and walk in obedience to his will.

I don’t always get it right though it’s all about learning and leaning on God.

I am “NOTHING “ without him.

E

eternally-gratefull

Maybe not....but it is very important for a believer to bear fruit.

After yrs and yrs of walking with the Lord...I see a lot of scriptural knowledge from some.....but I see absolutely no fruit.......

That for me rings alarm bells....it’s worrying as the Lord has called us to be humble and to bear fruit...that is my main focus....I was called out last night for being passive aggressive,which I agree with....what I don’t understand is why others weren’t called out for their behaviour..trolling,baiting,antagonistic,making fun and laughing posts.
So I will leave that question in God’s hands.
Yes, they should bear fruit, but we can not question their salvation if at a time we do not see them bear fruit, that is the argument in the other thread.

you Got called out because when you report someone, yet you are doing the same thing you reported them for. You pretty much tie the mods hands., how can he yell at them when you are doing the same.

again I would recommend you just stay out of that thread,

E

eternally-gratefull

Eternal destiny is determined by God and not by man.

Revelation 3 says of those "lukewarm" in Laodicea, that God will spew them out of his mouth. But here in my area the term "lukewarm" is often simply used to speak of a believer who is not living a life filled with the Spirit. Too many of us are sometimes living a "lukewarm" life! No excuses, though: that is not God's plan for the believer!
Rev 3 spoke of the church, not the people in the church,,

he was going to spew the church out (remove his candlestick)

I have seen many a church fall, but still that church had true believers who loved God,

E

eternally-gratefull

God spew the lukewarm, what is that mean?
Go to hell or heaven?
It means he would remove the candlestick and the church would lose power in that city

May 19, 2020
Yes, they should bear fruit, but we can not question their salvation if at a time we do not see them bear fruit, that is the argument in the other thread.

you Got called out because when you report someone, yet you are doing the same thing you reported them for. You pretty much tie the mods hands., how can he yell at them when you are doing the same.

again I would recommend you just stay out of that thread,

After yrs and yrs of walking with God,a follower should bear much fruit..it should be one of the main focus..

Yes I reported....but the problem was....

@Oncefallen ..took sides he singled me out.....nothing was said to them....absolutely nothing....they will continue in their troll behaviour......so what message has he given to them..by reprimanding only me.............pretty clear to me.

But that is up to the boss of this site.....God has given him power.....which he must know that....so I have no more to say on the subject...because I believe any minute now I will be banned.

E

eternally-gratefull

After yrs and yrs of walking with God,a follower should bear much fruit..it should be one of the main focus..
Yes but I was a prodigal son for 5 years and bore no fruit,

May 19, 2020
Yes but I was a prodigal son for 5 years and bore no fruit,
Bro I’m not talking 5 yrs that is no time.....I’m talking many yrs down the line....anyway I will leave it there.

I feel the curtain is about to come down..lol....God Bless... keep the faith......we have God to guide us......AWESOME!!.xx

E

eternally-gratefull

Bro I’m not talking 5 yrs that is no time.....I’m talking many yrs down the line....anyway I will leave it there.

I feel the curtain is about to come down..lol....God Bless... keep the faith......we have God to guide us......AWESOME!!.xx
Sis

i was a christian for about 35 when I became a prodigal son,

that is many years down the line

May 19, 2020
Sis

i was a christian for about 35 when I became a prodigal son,

that is many years down the line

It’s ok bro......you aren’t getting what I am saying....it’s ok....we are all like that at times...

Only God can show us...I cannot do anything without his strength.....he rules.....Praise God,xx

Chester

May 23, 2016
What works did the thief on the cross do? NONE....! But he did exercise FAITH in the Lord Jesus!
It is very true that the thief had very little time to do any sort of "works" - he never went to church, never gave money in the offering plate, and probably would have gotten thrown out of a lot of the churches because of the ways he was dressed (or undressed!).

But he did give a powerful testimony and witnessed directly to the other thief (and for that matter to anyone else close enough to listen).

Luke 23: 40-42 "But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."

Those words of testimony still ring as a call to turn to Jesus today (2000 years later)!

This guy's faith was very young, but very real, and it showed by his words.

Chester

May 23, 2016
God spew the lukewarm, what is that mean?
Go to hell or heaven?
If God spews someone out of his mouth I doubt they will get into heaven (unless they repent)! But always God is the judge, and not man.

Dec 28, 2016
The thief on the cross bore fruit, and did good works as well, contrary to what some may teach.

But why did he do these things? Answer: He was regenerate.

What happened to the thief wasn't mere believe-ism, or easy-believe-ism as some purport. Those with eyes to see can see this concerning the thief, that he did do works, and bore fruit at conversion. Luke 23:39-43.

The fact is he bore fruit of regeneration, which is why he confessed, witnessed, preached, which are all good works, because he was born of God. So saying he didn't have any works is a myopic misnomer.

https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/today-you-will-be-with-me-in-paradise

Dec 28, 2016
"They do not consider the evidences this thief left behind him. They do not observe the abundant proof he gave of the work of the Spirit in his heart. And these proofs I wish to trace out. I wish to show you that the Spirit always works in one way, and that whether He converts a man in an hour, as He did the penitent thief,—or whether by slow degrees, as he does others, the steps by which He leads souls to heaven are always the same."

More here for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see:

https://www.monergism.com/christ-and-two-thieves-luke-2339-43

E

EleventhHour

The thief on the cross was a public display of conversion, not a display of the evidence of conversion.

Chester

May 23, 2016
The thief on the cross was a public display of conversion, not a display of the evidence of conversion.
He indeed was a powerful display of conversion! Amen! and Amen!
But I think he was at the same time a powerful display of the evidence of conversion: the words he spoke on the cross still speak powerfully today! That evidence is still today written in the gospels.

Just_Jo

May 29, 2020
Hi DW..I am finding the more I draw on God.the more works follows...I love it.....can I share...I believe the Lord has asked me to support a poor family in Mityana Uganda..with money and sending sweets biscuits for the family...which I have done.

He placed a homeless person on my heart last week...asked me to ask him if he would like a sandwich and a hot drink..I just knew God asked me to do that in my spirit.
The man in question was so appreciate of my offer he profusely thanked me...I bought him a chicken and bacon sandwich hot cup of coffee.
I felt wonderful inside...I get such satisfaction from helping others....because I believe it is the Lord in me,loving these people.....

It’s like he is pleased with my actions and understanding.....I am growing in God and I can’t get enough...I absolutely love it!.x[/QUO

Cast your bread on the waters and it shall return by tens.
May His blessings flow!

May 19, 2020

God Bless you Just Jo...good to see you posting,xx

E

EleventhHour

He indeed was a powerful display of conversion! Amen! and Amen!
But I think he was at the same time a powerful display of the evidence of conversion: the words he spoke on the cross still speak powerfully today! That evidence is still today written in the gospels.
He could have prayed those words in his heart and mind and he would have still been born again.