C. H. Spurgeon?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LClark

Is Charles Spurgeon, the famous 19th Century preacher, popular in the Philippines? His daily devotional, Morning and Evening, is a best seller in the U.S. And many Christians post quotes from him, daily. He was a wonderful, faithful preacher. But here are some quotes that you will probably never see on American forums because he speaks truthfully about Christians and war. https://spurgeonwarquotes.wordpress.com/

Apr 14, 2011
How about instead of attacking Christians who believe differently about war, this be discussed in the Bible study forum or some other forum? Also, please do not advertise your blog site here. I disagree with Spurgeon's views on war because there is a such a thing as a just war. God especially used Israel as an instrument of this in the Old Testament. I don't see a problem supporting the United States in their war on Islamic terrorism and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ at the same time with love, gentleness, and respect. Sorry C.H. Spurgeon I disagree with you, as for Duterte that man needs to go. I am not Filipino. God bless. :)

Last edited:

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Is Charles Spurgeon, the famous 19th Century preacher, popular in the Philippines? His daily devotional, Morning and Evening, is a best seller in the U.S. And many Christians post quotes from him, daily. He was a wonderful, faithful preacher. But here are some quotes that you will probably never see on American forums because he speaks truthfully about Christians and war. https://spurgeonwarquotes.wordpress.com/
Charles Spurgeon was popular to the Baptists only here in the Philippines but don't know his stand about war...

God bless

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Sorry C.H. Spurgeon I disagree with you, as for Duterte that man needs to go. I am not Filipino. God bless. :)
That's politics. As for Duterte, Filipinos voted for him. As for a Christian, we should know our responsibility to the Kings or rulers...

Apr 14, 2011
That's politics. As for Duterte, Filipinos voted for him. As for a Christian, we should know our responsibility to the Kings or rulers...
I did not know that Filipinos voted for him (though I don't like him making deals with radical Islamic extremists like the Moro National Liberation Front and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front as well as others in the Philippines). As for a Christian, I know to pray for those who are in authority but I also want dictators to go down especially ones that execute drug lords instead of rehab for them and those who are one those drugs. At first I liked the man, but now he sounds really bad. That issue of drug rehabilitation vs. execution of drug lords divides a lot of Christians and you will hear various perspectives on that. God bless. :)

thisgirl

Mar 2, 2015
I didnt read his post as aggressive or attacking. Its good to question ones beliefs and see how they line up with Gods word.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
I did not know that Filipinos voted for him (though I don't like him making deals with radical Islamic extremists like the Moro National Liberation Front and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front as well as others in the Philippines). As for a Christian, I know to pray for those who are in authority but I also want dictators to go down especially ones that execute drug lords instead of rehab for them and those who are one those drugs. At first I liked the man, but now he sounds really bad. That issue of drug rehabilitation vs. execution of drug lords divides a lot of Christians and you will hear various perspectives on that. God bless. :)
Okay but with due respect and propriety wise, Filipinos don't call him dictator. I see, the war on drugs is getting your attention. That is his mandate. He is against drugs and drug lords which I think, is just the same dealings with the Islamic extremist.

God bless

Apr 14, 2011
Okay but with due respect and propriety wise, Filipinos don't call him dictator. I see, the war on drugs is getting your attention. That is his mandate. He is against drugs and drug lords which I think, is just the same dealings with the Islamic extremist.

God bless
I don't care if some Filipinos don't call him a dictator but executing drug lords instead of just imprisoning them or getting drug rehab for those they have dealt with, is questionable. He has done deals with Islamic terrorists, the Christians in Mindanao fear for their lives.

Apr 14, 2011
I didnt read his post as aggressive or attacking. Its good to question ones beliefs and see how they line up with Gods word.
I don't see how my beliefs don't line up with God's word and the way it was set up it looked like he was being aggressive and attacking. Also, it is against site rules to advertise one's own set even with links posted. God bless. :)

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
I don't care if some Filipinos don't call him a dictator but executing drug lords instead of just imprisoning them or getting drug rehab for those they have dealt with, is questionable. He has done deals with Islamic terrorists, the Christians in Mindanao fear for their lives.
I think, you really don't know what's happening here in the Philippines, you don't care that's it. But anyway, the topic seems going nowhere in the OP. I hope you understand.

Thanks

Apr 14, 2011
I think, you really don't know what's happening here in the Philippines, you don't care that's it. But anyway, the topic seems going nowhere in the OP. I hope you understand.

Thanks
First of all, I know there is a drug problem, otherwise why would there be an execution of a lot of drug lords as well as trying to find the corruption in the government? But I do not like a leader like Duterte making deals with the Islamic terrorist group Moro Islamic Liberation Front as well as the Moro National Liberation Front, who are located on the island of Mindanao. Also, I believe depending on the individual and the crimes they have committed, execution or drug rehabilitation, but don't apply the sword when it does not need to applied. Since some drug lords can change and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and sovereign Lord. Otherwise, the sword can be applied in certain circumstances. My concern has to do with the rise of a similar type of leader in Venezuela, named Hugo Chavez and now his successor Nicolas Maduro (taking the reigns after the death of the former dictator). That is why Duterte bothers me, that is all. He used to not, until I heard about the executions, then I got concerned. God bless you. :)

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

If you start by admitting you know NOTHING about Filipino elections or politics...

it doesn't give you much credibility when you jump in later like you have opinions on everything.

Your first post here pretty much disqualifies your opinions from being taken seriously.

For real.

Furthermore, Duterte won in a landslide... which means NOBODY is going to listen to your opinion anyway.

That's just the breaks.