CA Democrats Author Bill to Protect Sex Offenders Who Lure Minors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Maybe the fact that some idiot let off an explosive in a field full of dry grass may have something to do with the California fires?
God uses many methods to accomplish His purpose. It sure has been dry out west lately.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I am sure all of you are conversant with the term slippery slope. This is where Satan comes in as an angel of light. He has worked it out that a full frontal is not the way to go so he has adopted salami tactics. Slice by slice. A little here and a little there. Before you know it everyone has signed up to perversion.

For this reason, it is important that the church pulls the plug at stage one because if it doesn't it moves on to stage two then stage three then stage four, and before you know it you have got legalized perversion so the church needs to go all out to show that it is not the truth.

Whatever the issue, the battle is for the truth, and the only people that can proclaim that is the church. Speak the truth whenever and wherever you can and don't worry about those that proclaim that lies are the truth.

Edmund Burke is so right when he said that evil triumphs when good men do (say) nothing. If evil triumphs the church needs to wake up.

L

lenna

Burning for eternity lasts longer.
I think any part of the state is the wrong part.

that would be so

I lived in CA for a couple of years, but years back. It was a different place then.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
it speaks of a sad state regarding the political climate in California, but they are not alone. Far from it. Numerous States in our Country are just as bad, and possibly worse. Our Nation is far from God. All the more reason for the Church to strive even harder to bring His Word to the people of our Nation. Missionaries looking for a Mission Field need look no further than the various States in our Nation that promote decedent lifestyles.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
And God said, "
State Senator Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) and Assemblywoman Susan Eggman (D-Stockton) introduced recent legislation “to end blatant discrimination against LGBT young people regarding California’s sex offender registry.”

However, under their bill, SB 145, the offenders would not have to automatically register as sex offenders if the offenders are within 10 years of age of the minor.
Wiener claims the current law “disproportionately targets LGBT young people for mandatory sex offender registration, since LGBT people usually cannot engage in vaginal intercourse.”
SB 145 would allow a sex offender who lures a minor with the intent to commit a felony (i.e. a sex act) the ability to escape registering as a sex offender as long as the offender is within 10 years of age of the minor. No specification is made as to whether the sexual offender is straight or LGBT.

SB 145 appears to allow adults to victimize minors by luring them with the intent to have sex, and then shields the predator from being automatically registered as a sex offender, as in the case of a 25 year old luring a 15 year old for sex, or a 22 year old luring a 12 year old.

SB 145, as currently written, appears to allow certain sexual predators to live among the population without anyone being aware.

I guess the Homophobia we are accused of having is NOW well founded.
Let there be fire." And immediately the state was engulfed in flames. In those days God chose to save a remnant of people as a mass exodus occured. God commanded Governor Newsom, " Let my people go!" But the Governor hardened his heart. He cracked down on the churches.

We will see what plague comes next.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
that would be so

I lived in CA for a couple of years, but years back. It was a different place then.
So true. The way California has changed boggles the mind. People in my area are leaving rather regularly. New house for sale signs go up daily it seems.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Strange no one has mentioned the great churches/ministries in CA. There are too many to list but I'll say Harvest Christian Center, my home Church in Riverside, broadcasts 'Harvest at Home' every Sunday, with all day reruns.
So far since the in home sermons started (world-wide) tens of thousands have accepted Christ. God forbid any earthquakes or disasters take down more churches. In the middle of Los Angeles there are many youth churches where they learn to pray and not curse.
The horrific fires affecting not only CA but also burning up Oregon & Washington ST , have caused the loss of innocent lives, firefighters risking their lives, families left with nothing, and farmers/wineries at a total loss.
CA has been at the mercy of these fires for some years. It is certainly trying to ruin the economy, population here(which we really don't have to worry about), and tourism. I'm asking God for His mercy, help and restoration because of all the GOOD people here that are in utter anguish. Honorable Firemen, children as well as adults are still missing. God have mercy please, in Jesus Name, Amen.
Btw, what did the states of Washington and Oregon, where they can't even breathe in air, do to deserve their fiery infernos?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Strange no one has mentioned the great churches/ministries in CA. There are too many to list but I'll say Harvest Christian Center, my home Church in Riverside, broadcasts 'Harvest at Home' every Sunday, with all day reruns.
So far since the in home sermons started (world-wide) tens of thousands have accepted Christ. God forbid any earthquakes or disasters take down more churches. In the middle of Los Angeles there are many youth churches where they learn to pray and not curse.
The horrific fires affecting not only CA but also burning up Oregon & Washington ST , have caused the loss of innocent lives, firefighters risking their lives, families left with nothing, and farmers/wineries at a total loss.
CA has been at the mercy of these fires for some years. It is certainly trying to ruin the economy, population here(which we really don't have to worry about), and tourism. I'm asking God for His mercy, help and restoration because of all the GOOD people here that are in utter anguish. Honorable Firemen, children as well as adults are still missing. God have mercy please, in Jesus Name, Amen.
Btw, what did the states of Washington and Oregon, where they can't even breathe in air, do to deserve their fiery infernos?
Washington is largely a liberal state with results like the Seattle riots and the CHOP zone.

Oregon a liberal state with results with the Portland riots.

I do not claim to know the hearts of the people but just because your alive doesn't mean you are innocent with God.

How often in Scripture did the righteous get mixed with God's judgment? Just think of Daniel or in Church history during the fall of the temple. Christians had to flee as the Romans burned down the city and hunted the Jews/Christians down.

Of course, it could be just poor land management, arson, faulty wiring, or negligence but it is also hard to ignore the spiritual battle going on. It is extremely active. Our country alone has the blood of millions on our hands through abortion. That innocent blood cries out to God.

We pray for forgiveness but it will take the people to turn back to God before it is too late. We see the warning signs everywhere.

You are right that we must pray for mercy, patience, and the changing of people's hearts. We as Christians even amidst judgement still pray for God to spare life in order to give them more time to seek Him.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Washington is largely a liberal state with results like the Seattle riots and the CHOP zone.

Oregon a liberal state with results with the Portland riots.

I do not claim to know the hearts of the people but just because your alive doesn't mean you are innocent with God.

How often in Scripture did the righteous get mixed with God's judgment? Just think of Daniel or in Church history during the fall of the temple. Christians had to flee as the Romans burned down the city and hunted the Jews/Christians down.

Of course, it could be just poor land management, arson, faulty wiring, or negligence but it is also hard to ignore the spiritual battle going on. It is extremely active. Our country alone has the blood of millions on our hands through abortion. That innocent blood cries out to God.

We pray for forgiveness but it will take the people to turn back to God before it is too late. We see the warning signs everywhere.

You are right that we must pray for mercy, patience, and the changing of people's hearts. We as Christians even amidst judgement still pray for God to spare life in order to give them more time to seek Him.
Ya, three liberal states, with many conservatives-like probably most of the church people, and the media is spinning the absurd conspiracy theory these fires were started by antifa. How utterly absurd. If they want a valid conspiracy theory, try blaming the fires on those who would love to break down the West Coast's economic position. If someone or some agenda is behind these fires, what kind of people would they have to be?

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I don't think these fires are a matter of God's wrath or that they descend upon those deserving of them.
Many years now CA has suffered seasonal wildfires. It is just something to expect. Like earthquakes, flooding, mud slides and the Santa Ana winds.
Why can't there be a flood and mudslide in these three states now? Cover over the fires and save lives and loss of peoples livelihood?

I think if we imagine God sends such things to the deserving, when so many innocents suffer great loss, the question naturally arises as, what about God's mercy?

Or maybe it is just nature and as has been reported every year in the case of these fires, damned arsonists!
Every year!
I think there should be a law that puts the ones caught in the act in prison for life. Who burns people alive? Animals? Businesses? Homes? Choosing, happy, to create a hellish inferno here on earth.
Those not deserving of walking free in a world they see as their next victim.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I may get "heat" for this but natural calamity as the result of wickedness is a bit too generalized to take to heart. It rains on the just and the unjust.

I'm not saying it cannot occur but I've had tons of bad things happen to me and to say that it's all because of sin would be a leap. It could be a redirection.

There are many things that could be brought about by natural calamity and while it is true that David brought on a plague (basically) due to his actions, think about how many people were aware at the time why people were dying. David most certainly was, but since I am not in control of these policy decisions directly and couldn't personally see a David sort of equation or be 100% certain of a Sodom and Gomorrah event I'll pass on saying this is God's judgement.

On topic, were heterosexual sex crimes a lesser punishment or something? Does the Lord see homosexual sins any "worse" than heterosexuality? I will agree that each sin is different, and though some are quite foreign (strange god) to most believers, still...grace is there. Ofc the verse in Revelations about who will not inherit is certainly to be brought up when dealing with these...and indeed, time is probably quite short.

Obviously those who legislate will be held to a high standard indeed. Some decisions have to be made when the public wants something though...the only response I can see is to persuade the majority and put forward legislation of your own.

L

lenna

forests need to be maintained and it has been at least 20 years, or so I heard on TV, since those CA forests have been kept up.

it's all the underbrush and dead trees etc. that is why fires are deliberately started in Federal Parks...like Yellowstone...called a
'controlled burn', to avoid catastrophic fires. in dry seasons, lighting can be a factor...and in CA they had a lovely arsonist playing with matches

that being said, it does seem that God works through 'natural' means. would it be too obvious if say San Francisco burned to the ground?

it's a good thing we are not in control because I am pretty sure we would get it all wrong

CS1

May 23, 2012
Ya, three liberal states, with many conservatives-like probably most of the church people, and the media is spinning the absurd conspiracy theory these fires were started by antifa. How utterly absurd. If they want a valid conspiracy theory, try blaming the fires on those who would love to break down the West Coast's economic position. If someone or some agenda is behind these fires, what kind of people would they have to be?
it is not absurd there was arsonist who was of this far-left group. Do you live in CA? I do and in the aera where the fires are. it is fact that the Governor of CA said this fire was due to Climate change. It is fact two of the fire in CA were done by Arsonist and At least one in Oregon. Those people were democrat leading Antifa.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
it is not absurd there was arsonist who was of this far-left group. Do you live in CA? I do and in the aera where the fires are. it is fact that the Governor of CA said this fire was due to Climate change. It is fact two of the fire in CA were done by Arsonist and At least one in Oregon. Those people were democrat leading Antifa.
Democrat leading Antifa burning up three Democratic leaning states? Where is the proof?