Calling all Christians

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gospeloftruth
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gospeloftruth

Guest
Before reading this, please note that i do not have all the answers, I simply seek to understand life and all of its intricacies to the best of my ability. This post may seem to challenge your position, and i hope it does, not because i wish to challenge doctrine, nor to prove a point. I merely ask this question as a form of debate. I ask this because like you, and every being on Earth, I wish to understand my place in life and the relevance of certain doctrines that have been placed upon our society. With that being said, I must ask, why did you choose to follow the path of christianity? In fact, on a larger scale, why is it that the western world in general chooses christianity? The middle east, islam? And the eastern world Hinduism or budism? It seems as though the spread of religion stems not from belief, but from tradition. Why is the world of religion is less diverse and more segregated than other aspects of humanity? Ask yourself this, did you choose your religion because it is something you are familiar with? Or do you TRULLY believe in that which you preach? Or did you simply experience something in your life which could not possibly be explained by traditional views? Did something happen Im your life that defied all logical explanation and in seeking the answers to your qualms, you fell upon what was "natural" or "comfortable". I ask because I too have experienced such indescribable phenomena. Events and conclusions that seemed to have defied all that was "logical". Most people in such circumstances would seem to turn to religion as the answer, simply because there was no other alternative that seemed to fit. Or maybe life was just lacking in purpose or "wonder" and religion seemed to be the "perfect fit". Whatever your reasons may be, all I ask is that you dig deep within yourself and ask if you follow religion because you wholeheartedly believe in its substance and relevance, or is it simply because you have nowhere else to go? If your answer is the latter then I implore you to delve further into you research. Look into other aspects of science and spirituality before devoting yourself to an idea. Find what RESONATES WITH YOU. If you're unsure as to where to start I would certainly recommend Jason Silva's videos on youtube. They are short, sweet, and to the point and certainly an excellent catalyst to finding the answers that best suits your life experience. Please understand that I am not here to defy religion, but to expand human growth. If you have questions feel free to message me. I AM ALWAYS OPEN TO NEW IDEAS!!!
 
If the devil has an evangelist he would talk like you.

I want more faith. Not more of the mush you are peddling
 
The path of christianity? I follow CHRIST, the ONLY way, truth and life. (John 14:6)
 
I was not raised christian. My dad was an atheist and my mom did believe but no personal relationship with the Lord and she had to shut up about it mostly. As a kid I also just poked fun with it like my dad, asking everyone how on earth they could be so stupid to believe God existed. But then I started to read some occult stuff with a friend when I was 12, 13 or so and I believed all that, a woman going out of her body, things with ghosts. I thought I can't say I'm an atheist now because I believe those things and if spirits exist then why not an upperspirit? But still it was just total nonsense to believe God existed. So I decided to test Him out and asked for signs a year long saying if that won't happen I don't believe in God. The idea of having respect for Him was not something my dad taught me and since He didn't exist anyway, who cares? But everything I well demanded happened and I thought yeah come on that's just a coincidence, but it got too coincidental so after a year of doing that I was convinced. The idea didn't enter my mind to ask Allah since I only heard about God a bit. Went to a church, learned that I had to accept Him and ask Him to forgive my sins and then I was changed. I hated a lot of people and all of a sudden I could hug them. Got to know Him Personal, He spoke to me, saw real miracles, people get healed. My brother at the same time was also searching for truth in Zen buddhism and while he was meditating he saw Jesus. So then he went to some churches, picked the one he liked most and took me there too.
 
A lot of muslims are getting visions from Jesus now and convert to christianity btw.
 
didymos;bt18230 said:
The path of christianity? I follow CHRIST, the ONLY way, truth and life. (John 14:6)
THE most successful life that satan can produce, is wrapped in 99% truth! There used to be a label for those who accept all 'religions" and incorporate all forms of known religion into their philosophical way of living. IT was called NEW AGE...

Now, it is accepted as the norm and as long as people feel good about their life, nothing else matters. We can love, love, love and embrace all denominational barriers, all forms of ritualistic jargon and more, as long as we do no bodily harm or force our beliefs on someone else. How complacent, how silly and how dare we become so weak minded in our bold service for JESUS CHRIST. Of course, this completely obscures what the HOly SPIRIT would want to accomplish in our lives for others.