Calvin did not invent the doctrines of grace

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 25, 2023
That is not what I said. :oops:

But you did say all prophesy is irrelevant.
I paraphrased 1 Corinthians 13:1-13

Take a look at Matthew 6:24-26 as it relates

We want to think we know the future, but God will take care of us.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Still truth itself is the authority.

Your issue is based on the assumption that I'm making everything up, but I keep referencing the bible to support me... including its statements that we shouldn't cling to words.

It is true that if it didn't say these things I wouldn't be Christian in any sense, but because this is the truth I share it.
My issue is you say your experience trumps scripture. And that you say that parts of scripture aren't inspired.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Apr 25, 2023
My issue is you say your experience trumps scripture. And that you say that parts of scripture aren't inspired.
I am saying my experience aligns with scripture and it is available to you too...

That way no one has to speculate at all.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I am saying my experience aligns with scripture and it is available to you too...

That way no one has to speculate at all.
You have no way of knowing my experience or whether or not it is not in fact greater or less than yours.
And you have said much more. So I asked questions to see if what you had to say matched scripture. It doesn't always appear to do so.

Apr 25, 2023
You have no way of knowing my experience or whether or not it is not in fact greater or less than yours.
And you have said much more. So I asked questions to see if what you had to say matched scripture. It doesn't always appear to do so.
You express your station with every statement you make.

Apr 25, 2023
So I asked questions to see if what you had to say matched scripture. It doesn't always appear to do so.
Let us discuss where you think I'm contrary to scripture...

Perhaps it is your own understanding that is lacking, but maybe I'm wrong?

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
I don't give a fig what Calvin said, the Bible said "WHOSOEVER" and I will not shut the gate to heaven or stand by why someone else does!!
It’s so refreshing to see someone defend the gospel with such passion. God bless you! 🙏

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Let us discuss where you think I'm contrary to scripture...

Perhaps it is your own understanding that is lacking, but maybe I'm wrong?
You have disregarded prophesy as unimportant. You have also assigned some scripture as the bias of men, which means it is not inspired.
Having done so, you have made yourself the arbiter of truth, not God because it contradicts what scripture claims concerning itself.

Apr 25, 2023
You have disregarded prophesy as unimportant. You have also assigned some scripture as the bias of men, which means it is not inspired.
Having done so, you have made yourself the arbiter of truth, not God because it contradicts what scripture claims concerning itself.
I have shown scripture explain why prophecy is ultimately irrelevant... it all passes away, and after it truth is still so.

Love is still available.

I do not make myself the arbiter, I have simply investigated truth deeply.

If I genuinely make a mistake then I will thank you for correcting me, but nothing I'm saying is contrary to scripture.

Indeed, if you understand rightly scripture suggests me.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Luke 14:26

I'm not even sure you've actually started on the way.

James 4:4
I appreciate the conversation. But, whatever conclusions others may come to concerning you, I know your powers of discernment to be very poor.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If you value prophecy it is because you fear the unknown...

1 John 4:7-21

Fear is a function of incomplete love.
You do not understand prophecy very well to say such things. Prophecy is to be valued because it
spoke of and pointed to Jesus Christ, Who has fulfilled hundreds already and will fulfill more when
He returns. There is no fear in any of this for me. Again you erroneously assume and falsely accuse.

1 John 4:18

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I have a lot of love for dogmatic heretics. It includes directions for how to take long walks off a short pier. 😉
Most here are genuinely sharing with the goal of helping others...whether dogmatically or not. The problem with building short piers is that we end up missing out ourselves.
I hear fishing from bridges can be really good.