Calvin did not invent the doctrines of grace

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
What do you mean by that?

If you understood me you would experience the Spirit directly right now.

For me that is the only valid fruit of Christ.
You assume no one else does. But many here no doubt do. Just because you don't recognize it doesn't mean it isn't true.

So what fruit can we see of you that evidences that the Spirit of God is in you?

Apr 25, 2023
You assume no one else does. But many here no doubt do. Just because you don't recognize it doesn't mean it isn't true.

So what fruit can we see of you that evidences that the Spirit of God is in you?
I will be the first to acknowledge when someone comes along who has the Spirit, again that is the point... all of humanity is supposed to receive the Spirit...

I'm not being judgmental, I want all here to have the Spirit... it just isn't present in anyone so far.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I will be the first to acknowledge when someone comes along who has the Spirit, again that is the point... all of humanity is supposed to receive the Spirit...

I'm not being judgmental, I want all here to have the Spirit... it just isn't present in anyone so far.
You see, that's where you are wrong. You are either well meaning and deceived or deceived altogether. The push back you are receiving is from those who have known God much longer and walk in His ways more intimately than yourself.
You believe if they were spiritual they would agree with you. But you are in error in numerous things and your discernment leaves much to be desired.
Jesus spoke as one having authority. And spiritual people recognized it and followed Him. Trust me, if you spoke with such authority, it would be recognized and sought out as well.

Apr 25, 2023
You see, that's where you are wrong. You are either well meaning and deceived or deceived altogether. The push back you are receiving is from those who have known God much longer and walk in His ways more intimately than yourself.
You believe if they were spiritual they would agree with you. But you are in error in numerous things and your discernment leaves much to be desired.
Jesus spoke as one having authority. And spiritual people recognized it and followed Him. Trust me, if you spoke with such authority, it would be recognized and sought out as well.
You are wrong, anyone who knew God would see him in me.

I do not conform to the usual ignorant believer paradigm so people are offended.

Anything you think I'm in error about let us discuss, I can show you why you're wrong on the topic.

The authority in Jesus is in me too, but I do not want to abuse it.

I want all of Jesus people to have it.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
You are wrong, anyone who knew God would see him in me.

I do not conform to the usual ignorant believer paradigm so people are offended.

Anything you think I'm in error about let us discuss, I can show you why you're wrong on the topic.

The authority in Jesus is in me too, but I do not want to abuse it.

I want all of Jesus people to have it.
What I said was true. If the Spirit of Christ was controlling you it would be evident in the gifts of the Spirit flowing from you. You would exude love, joy, peace, gentleness, etc. Your discernment would be accurate and your manner gentle and peaceable. Such has not been the case.

Apr 25, 2023
What I said was true. If the Spirit of Christ was controlling you it would be evident in the gifts of the Spirit flowing from you. You would exude love, joy, peace, gentleness, etc. Your discernment would be accurate and your manner gentle and peaceable. Such has not been the case.
That is your perception.

My expression has been self controlled and from love.

It has not met your expectation, but that isn't the same thing.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
That is your perception.

My expression has been self controlled and from love.

It has not met your expectation, but that isn't the same thing.
Not my expectation. I'm telling you what the word of God says. What I perceive doesn't match the scripture. But I do wish the best for you and will keep you in prayer.

Apr 25, 2023
Not my expectation. I'm telling you what the word of God says. What I perceive doesn't match the scripture. But I do wish the best for you and will keep you in prayer.
I live by the Word, you only have words.

I have asked you to inquire into where you think I disagree with scripture.

You will see that I do not.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I live by the Word, you only have words.

I have asked you to inquire into where you think I disagree with scripture.

You will see that I do not.
You already said scripture wasn't inerrant. You have said your experience informs scripture. And you have judged people unspiritual based solely on the basis that they disagree with you. I am well aware of your error. Again, I wish you the best, but further discussion I believe would prove fruitless.

Grace and peace.

Apr 25, 2023
You already said scripture wasn't inerrant. You have said your experience informs scripture. And you have judged people unspiritual based solely on the basis that they disagree with you. I am well aware of your error. Again, I wish you the best, but further discussion I believe would prove fruitless.

Grace and peace.
Scripture leads us to the Spirit when properly understood.

That is truth itself and necessarily inerrent.

Even in me it is filtered through the past here, but truth is always the same.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
You realize that even if one is an ardent Calvinist, they still are to fulfill the great commission. They still have the responsibility to take the gospel to the world.
You’re 100% correct, and yet there are two Pharisees in this thread who prove themselves otherwise. Their spirit is not of God otherwise they would be taking part in the great commission rather than trying to stifle it.

Apr 25, 2023
You’re 100% correct, and yet there are two Pharisees in this thread who prove themselves otherwise. Their spirit is not of God otherwise they would be taking part in the great commission rather than trying to stifle it.
Mark 3:1-7

The Pharisee are obsessed with the law.

That is what is wrong with Christianity today.

It still lacks the Spirit.

Apr 25, 2023
Granted I'm not Calvinist because for me the New Testament and mystically inclined Saints are enough...

It is a great misfortune that so much has been lost in the war with the Pope, yet I do not find fault in the reasoning...

The Orthodox still had the Spirit, the Protestants didn't look hard enough...

They do not see that their own readings are traditions of men now.

Apr 25, 2023
I place greatest import on the process of Hesychasm, especially the Oriental expression.

I think that losing such practices has caused spiritual blindness in the west.

I have entered the thread to talk about the general dialog of grace within the Christian context.