Calvin did not invent the doctrines of grace

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 25, 2023
Sadly friend you don't know God, you have only studied religions of the world and built for yourself pseudo faith built upon the sand.
My prayer for you is that God will bring a storm into your life to destroy your pseudo beliefs the sand they are built upon so that you come to a place were you have to turn to that rock and build upon him Jesus Christ, the hope of our salvation.

All this talk of the spirit you know not of the spirit because the mission of the spirit is to turn all eyes and attention on him, the person of Jesus Christ. The only name, the only person by which all men can be saved. So we do have a different spirit as the spirit is the comforter to lead me and guide me to seek after Christ and to hope and trust in him as my eternal salvation. To deny all to forsake all just to know him the person Jesus Christ. God made into flesh who paid my price and his righteousness has made me in right standing.

I will be praying for that the blinders of deception be removed from your eyes and that God brings you to a place of acceptance or rejection.
You are wrong.

Most of my research into world religions was based on the capacity to articulate truth through them.

I have always been guided by the Spirit.

Apr 25, 2023
You have very superficial objections to me...

You don't actually know God yourself though, you've just read a bunch...

You assume I'm confused because I've read other traditions too...

For me they are just other men like me.

Apr 25, 2023
It's actually absurd that you make God so limited.

Any who are sincere will be received, no matter the belief system that gets them there.

The same truth is revealed to all, and so all the scriptures make sense where they speak on truth.

What is not of truth is tossed away.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
In his view, prophecy is: about him; irrelevant; concerns worldly matters only.

Don't be surprised if/when he denies he said any of those things.
I'm starting to feel like Winnie the Pooh here, oh bother! I think I better retreat from this one and let more patient people handle this.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Any who are sincere will be received, no matter the belief system that gets them there.
I understand this guy is banned, but compare what he says to what Jesus says.

There is no judgment against anyone who believes in (Jesus). But anyone who does not believe in Him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. — John 3.18

I am the way, the truth and the life. No one gets to the Father except through me. — John 14.6

ChristsChild

Apr 28, 2023
I understand this guy is banned, but compare what he says to what Jesus says.

There is no judgment against anyone who believes in (Jesus). But anyone who does not believe in Him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. — John 3.18

I am the way, the truth and the life. No one gets to the Father except through me. — John 14.6
I don't think you read that quote correctly.

FrankSophia said:

I don't see Jesus or his gospel written there in the quote. I read him saying , no matter the belief system that gets you there.

Lots of brief systems in this world.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022

FrankSophia said:

I don't see Jesus or his gospel written there in the quote. I read him saying , no matter the belief system that gets you there.

Please elaborate on what you think he meant and why you think I disagree with him.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

FrankSophia said:

There is only one "belief system" that gets you there, through Christ. Period.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
I cannot help myself but just to complicate the discussion even more it is not a belief system, a belief system will save no one, it is the

person in whom one has entrusted their belief/ faith that is important.

That person being Christ Jesus. (Messiah Jesus, or Jesus the Messiah, it is not a name and surname ;)).

I really do not think there was a single post where Frank was clear in his expression, so we may never know what he meant or if he even believed a word of what he wrote.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
I cannot help myself but just to complicate the discussion even more it is not a belief system, a belief system will save no one, it is the

That person being Christ Jesus. (Messiah Jesus, or Jesus the Messiah, it is not a name and surname ;)).

I really do not think there was a single post where Frank was clear in his expression, so we may never know what he meant or if he even believed a word of what he wrote.
He didn’t believe a word he wrote other than to think salvation can be obtained outside of Christ. He’s a troll and was simply here to antagonize folks.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
He didn’t believe a word he wrote other than to think salvation can be obtained outside of Christ. He’s a troll and was simply here to antagonize folks.
Absolutely!!.......rather deluded sort of person who thinks they have all the answers but not willing to search for truth because they think they are in possession of it already.

I used to engage in these trolls but now I just find them kinda boring.

Oh well, I am sure there is another around the corner in the meantime. :coffee::coffee: :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I really do not think there was a single post where Frank was clear in his expression,
so we may never know what he meant or if he even believed a word of what he wrote.
We used to call such people "Jack" (don't ask me why, as that "tradition" was in place when
I got here almost eight years ago
.;):D). They seem to want to destroy the foundation of those
who are weak in their faith, while putting forth that they themselves are saved, but any who
engages them, and dares to contradict them, are not. They were certainly clear enough about that.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

Yeah, I think someone was hitting the weed pretty hard. Could not make heads nor tails of what was being said. Of course we know Jesus is the only way, the only truth. I was trying to turn that ship around but may not have been clear enough.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
We used to call such people "Jack" (don't ask me why, as that "tradition" was in place when
I got here almost eight years ago
.;):D). They seem to want to destroy the foundation of those
who are weak in their faith, while putting forth that they themselves are saved, but any who
engages them, and dares to contradict them, are not. They were certainly clear enough about that.

Lol I remember Jack! Every troll got that name for so long. We should go back to that. I think it use to annoy trolls because we just dismissed them all as one person.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Lol I remember Jack! Every troll got that name for so long. We should go back to
that. I think it use to annoy trolls because we just dismissed them all as one person.
I do sometimes think it is more than one person, like a group of friends gathered in one room getting
their jollies by signing up to a Christian site to heckle believers. But yeah, there is one behind it all...