Calvinism and its glaring oversights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 30, 2020
Throughfaith, I know your intentions are good. but this video was a waste of time. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, just honest.

E

eternally-gratefull

Again?

do we not have enough of these threads? Give it a rest already

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Can you explain to me how the unregenerate natural man that cannot discern the things of the Spirit, and thinks them to be foolishness, will repent of breaking a spiritual law that he cannot understand? What do you think enables him to believe spiritual things?

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Your comment isn't useful if you don't state why ?
John Calvin followed Augustine of Hippo, who followed the Roman Church.
Another name for this is called is Augustinian Calvinism, and this should bring us warning on the matter.

But more importantly than this observation on Calvinism is for us heed 1 Timothy 1:5-6

1 Timothy 1:5-6
5 The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion,

S

SophieT

Can you explain to me how the unregenerate natural man that cannot discern the things of the Spirit, and thinks them to be foolishness, will repent of breaking a spiritual law that he cannot understand? What do you think enables him to believe spiritual things?
Dancing on the head of a pin again, are we?

I would ask you to post the passages in scripture that indicate a person is filled with the Holy Spirit in order to be saved, rather than the other way around.

There is no such passage, but perhaps it will give you something to do

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Dancing on the head of a pin again, are we?

I would ask you to post the passages in scripture that indicate a person is filled with the Holy Spirit in order to be saved, rather than the other way around.

There is no such passage, but perhaps it will give you something to do
Is this your answer to my questions?

Eph 2:5, Even when we were (spiritually) dead in sins, (the natural man), hath he quickened us together with Christ. The Holy Spirit is the quickening Spirit.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What do you think enables him to believe spiritual things?
Are you not aware that the Gospel itself is the power of God unto salvation, and that the Gospel itself if is the "seed" of the New Birth? If the unregenerate could not believe the Gospel, then Christ would not have commanded that it be preached to EVERY CREATURE.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Are you not aware that the Gospel itself is the power of God unto salvation, and that the Gospel itself if is the "seed" of the New Birth? If the unregenerate could not believe the Gospel, then Christ would not have commanded that it be preached to EVERY CREATURE.

Mark 16:15 :)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I think that Matt 16:15 has been accomplished in Colossians 1:23.

Jesus instructed his apostles to go and preach to the "lost sheep"(God's regenerated children) of the house of Israel. The "house of Israel" is Jacob/Israel, Gen 33:28. All Israel is not of Israel,Rom 9:6. Jacob/Israel is representative of God's elect,Rom 9:11.

Eph 2 says that the natural man while he was yet spiritually dead (unable to understand spiritual things) God quickened him to a spiritual life.

I suppose that you have not checked the Greek meaning of Save, Saved and Salvation, which means, deliver, delivered and deliverance.

There is an eternal deliverance, and there are several deliverances that the regenerated person receives as he sojourns here in this world.

The gospel is, indeed, the power of God unto deliverance to every one that believeth.

There is a deliverance here on earth, when a newborn babe in Christ matures enough, by hearing the truths preached, to come unto a knowledge of the gospel.

The house of Israel consists of a portion of every kindred, and tongue, and person, and nation. Preachers of the true doctrine of Jesus Christ are told to go and preach to, regenerated people of the house of Israel, in every nation.