Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Yes, but I have never read any other person give this interpretation of the narrow and broad path, so would seem to me that the Holy Spirit would reveal this to others and I would have come across it somewhere?
His view is wrong wrong wrong

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Both are NOT elect and only ONE way is to salvation.
i hate it when people attribute their clear false teaching to the Holy Ghost. Disgusting

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I do not reference any mans writings, but believe the scriptures do prove themselves without contradictions. I am a firm believer that a man cannot understand the scriptures when they rely upon their intellect. When they deny themselves before God and give up on their own understanding then I believe that the Holy Ghost within them will reveal truths to them.
Gosh, Calvinists are so proud of their humility . . . thank goodness for airline bags.

U

UnderGrace

His view is wrong wrong wrong

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Both are NOT elect and only ONE way is to salvation.
i hate it when people attribute their clear false teaching to the Holy Ghost. Disgusting
Yes I know it is wrong, I have never come across this before, I really do not think it comes from a Calvinist school of thought, that is why I asked.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Well yea, he believes that Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses can be among the elect. And it doesn't matter if they deceive the masses and convert them to their cults because they aren't the elect any way . . . so who cares? It's all going to turn out the same in the end.

Yea, their god has his little playthings to do with however he sees fit. You'd expect nothing less from the god of this world (II Corinthians 4:4).

Heck, I believe they even think that some ISIS members are elect also . . . and heck, they are just cutting off the heads of non-elect infidels.
Your slang word reminded me of the HECKLERS in Jesus's days when they heckled him. Do you not see a little likeness in the situation? Those in his day said that it was a hard doctrine and not many understood it. Even the scriptures tell us that it is hid from the wise and prudent.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Your slang word reminded me of the HECKLERS in Jesus's days when they heckled him. Do you not see a little likeness in the situation? Those in his day said that it was a hard doctrine and not many understood it. Even the scriptures tell us that it is hid from the wise and prudent.
What slang word? Am I lying? You own P4t said that this was so.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Would you like to talk scriptures again instead of spouting out negative remarks?
Study your Bible and you will see that often negativity precedes positivity. Often men must be mad before the Holy Spirit can make you glad.

I'm afraid that these simple thrusts from the Sword of the Spirit are upsetting your equilibrium. It's just as hard to kick against the pricks as it is to believe a lie.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Yes I know it is wrong, I have never come across this before, I really do not think it comes from a Calvinist school of thought, that is why I asked.
All I encourage you to do is base your beliefs on the scriptures to harmonize. It seems that some on this forum does not want to compare scripture to scripture.

Dec 28, 2016
Would you like to talk scriptures again instead of spouting out negative remarks?
I pray you get somewhere with that guy who sows discord and division and mockery God's Sovereign electing grace. God needs to open his eyes and heart to the truth; Ephesians 1:14-23, especially verses 17, 18. 19.

U

UnderGrace

All I encourage you to do is base your beliefs on the scriptures to harmonize. It seems that some on this forum does not want to compare scripture to scripture.
What other scripture supports this concept that the narrow and broad path both have the elect?

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
what is it like to hear God's voice, is it as etheral as what people seem to claim

is it so common that every wavelength that can be scientifically measured is God speaking to us?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I pray you get somewhere with that guy who sows discord and division and mockery God's Sovereign electing grace. God needs to open his eyes and heart to the truth; Ephesians 1:14-23, especially verses 17, 18. 19.
I understand his frustration. I was without understanding until I was 62 years old because I thought I was smart enough to get to the whole truth on my own intellect and after years of hard studying, gave up on myself. It did make me to have compassion on people who struggle with trying to find the truth.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
What other scripture supports this concept that the narrow and broad path both have the elect?
In my post #8 to BaptistBeliever I gave some support scriptures indicating that there would be a great number in heaven that they could not be numbered. I believe the scriptures teach that there will be far more in heaven than in hell. I am sure that I can give more support with some recollection and research.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
what is it like to hear God's voice, is it as etheral as what people seem to claim
This is an Old Testament concept that still has validity for our day . . . consider this passage.

"And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice" (1 Kings 19:11-12).

Normally, the Holy Spirit did not indwell believers under the Jewish economy except for a few men such as David and the prophets. If someone that did have the spirit were to sin, the Spirit would leave that man as we read of in Psalm 51.

Today, the Spirit indwells every believer and will never leave them due to the sealing. The voice of the Holy Spirit is the very voice of God because He is God. He does not impart new revelation, but He takes the Word of God and applies it to us in every situation -- if we have ears to hear.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Yes, I'd like to hear that explained and see whether or not the explanation is even true.
Speak of the devil. You see, I do not like to speak the names of the purveyors of doctrines of devils. It might be like a Candyman thing. Make sure there are no mirrors around if you have to speak their names.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
In my post #8 to BaptistBeliever I gave some support scriptures indicating that there would be a great number in heaven that they could not be numbered. I believe the scriptures teach that there will be far more in heaven than in hell. I am sure that I can give more support with some recollection and research.
Well, if you are dense enough to believe that people are going to go to heaven through both the narrow gate and the wide gate (that leads to destruction) . . . I guess you'll believe anything.

Wait until you get there . . . you can count them for us.

Dec 28, 2016
Speak of the devil. You see, I do not like to speak the names of the purveyors of doctrines of devils. It might be like a Candyman thing. Make sure there are no mirrors around if you have to speak their names.
You can call me all the names you desire, slander away, you've called me lost as well but that's ok it doesn't effect me nor what God has done for me. I know that no charge against God's elect will stand, Romans 8:33-34.

I feel sorry for you and will pray for you that God opens the eyes of your heart. You're so filled with hatred and slander. I say this in concern and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.