Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EleventhHour

They're uptight that you used a meme while others accuse Reformed belief as Satanic. Um. Talk about hypocrisy...:LOL::ROFL::LOL::ROFL::LOL:

Their hearts are factories of straw men arguments...lol.
It would seem me not taking you seriously is the correct choice.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Yes. Jesus died on the Cross so that I might have that choice. I will be eternally grateful that He gave me that opportunity to surrender all and come by placing my faith in His shed blood.
You've got a problem though. God said it was NOT by the will of any man that you were born again. He also said HE chose YOU, not the other way around.

I'm curious as to what you do with the passages that say that.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Those who call upon the Name of the Lord will be saved.

Makes me think of calling the doctor. Not that I need to, but if I want an appointment, I must :)

Romans 10:13 ► for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Yes they will.

Those appointed!

Dec 12, 2013
So let’s not hold people accountable for what they have done? I have a question sis, if DC did what preacher did, would you still be ignoring his sin and not calling him out?
What sin did I commit? Calling a spade a spade....All I did was make note of the fact that he constantly reminds those he disagrees with of his superior intellect and knowledge while dumbing the rest of us down.....Post after post attests to this factual, truthful statement! Explain how that is a sin!

Dec 12, 2013
This is what I believe were the order of events of my Salvation.
I was spiritually dead.
I heard the Gospel. My faith given to me by God was “activated” upon hearing it. With that faith I confessed with my mouth and believed in my heart.

I was born again, a NEW creation in Jesus Christ.

No labels. No fancy doctrines. Just that.
Did you have a choice to deny and walk away lost.......

a. Rich young ruler
b. Almost thous persuadest me
c. MANY called, but few chosen

Dec 12, 2013
Don’t forget ole Pelagius way back in the 300’s, the OG free will’er. If you read some of his teachings it seems he knew that man could not have faith unto salvation in his current state so instead of accepting the biblical doctrine of election he chose to deny the imputation Adam’s sin. At least he realized the doctrine of free will does not work with the doctrine of the fall of man. 🤦‍♂️
These modern day Pelagians/Arminians just scream WHOSOEVER, ALL MEN... with complete disregard for the tsunami of destruction it creates to other doctrines such as the fall, the atonement, grace...
Adam chose to eat......deal with that!

Just_Jo

May 29, 2020
I never........had.........a.........choice.......in.........being......born.........again!...

But you did have a choice or else whatever invaded you was not a right spirit.

I have NEVER heard anyone say this kind of experience in coming to know God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit

Just stating facts I've gathered through reading forums!

Dec 12, 2013
So Adam did Not have a choice

God forced him And his wife to eat if the forbidden fruit and cause all the pain and suffering this world has gone through since that time

That is sad that you think this
Amen.........Adam chose.....to say he did not chose is to say GOD caused Adam to sin........Naaaaahhhhh Not buying that drivel!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Did you have a choice to deny and walk away lost.......

a. Rich young ruler
b. Almost thous persuadest me
c. MANY called, but few chosen
I'm probably misunderstanding this post, but it seems to suggest that you believe a born again Child of God can walk away, and be lost?

E

eternally-gratefull

What sin did I commit? Calling a spade a spade....All I did was make note of the fact that he constantly reminds those he disagrees with of his superior intellect and knowledge while dumbing the rest of us down.....Post after post attests to this factual, truthful statement! Explain how that is a sin!
It was a hypothetical bro.

Dec 12, 2013
Again with the lies

We do Not despise gods justice we acknowledge it. It is our addition of gods justice that led us to
Faith in the first place

Why is it so hard for you to have a normal Conversation without false accusing others of believing things they do not?
We all know why he can't.......!!!!! The truth, honestly evaluated, makes mince meat of Calvin's dogma!

May 19, 2020
Well that’s good to know, because Jesus also said most will not be born again as well. Thanks for that bit of info about Calvin.

Hello.....can you please show me in scripture.where Jesus said..Jesus also said most will not be born again ...I can’t find those words in scripture anywhere?.....thank you.

Dec 12, 2013
Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times,
He now commands all people everywhere to repent.

► Acts 17:30
I do not grasp how they can deny....God would have ALL MEN be saved and come to repentance or the knowledge of the truth....and if you applied their false logic and Calvinistic flower policies.....all men would be saved!

May 19, 2020
You chose to not rebel and you chose to not reject Him, correct?

I have explained many time....when I received the Holy Spirit who is Love..his Love was irresistible..I fell in Love with him instantly..my spirit also recognised the Holy Spirit instantly as he manifested into my heart.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Well that’s good to know, because Jesus also said most will not be born again as well. Thanks for that bit of info about Calvin.
Jesus never said they couldn't because they never had a chance, though, did he?

I think if we would honestly look at scripture, it would be plain to see that Calvin disagrees with Jesus and the scripture...just saying.;)

Jesus said, If I be lifted up I will draw all men to me. Calvin says not true. Scripture says whosoever will let him come...but Calvin says no and tries to limit atonement...Scripture says it is not God's will that any man perish but that all come to repentance...Calvin says not true....

Status
Not open for further replies.