Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2016
A text without a context is just a pretext...
There is no context that does away with the truth of that text, except for your context, which is denial and eisegesis due to an aversion of God getting all the glory for what it clearly states.

Tell us all again how you get some of that glory, and take it away from God and Scripture? Insert what you did, and show us.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
There is one here who seems to want to get attention in anyway that they can. They do not seem interested in learning or discussing scripture just out for attention and making trouble. Maybe if we all ignore this person then it will put and end to this behavior.

Dec 28, 2016
you never saw any such thing, you can ask anyone here (but preacher) and they will tell you the same
Oh, she can ask me, she has full right to.

Yes, you "never taught" you chose God according to you, and I'm a "liar" well, except for this:

No you do not have it

To be clear. I chose God because GOD TOOK ALL MY STRENGTH (The TAX collector had nothing left. He had no strength at all. Thats why he cried out.. in despair..

Please do not try to interpret my words. This is the second or third time you got it wrong.
There are more. But the above is enough. You taught it, and I am no liar. You need to retire your name calling.

E

EleventhHour

we cannot do what God has commanded, including repent and believe.
Shall we change ....... "Repent for the kingdom of heaven has come near" to You CANNOT Repent for the kingdom of heaven has come near"

Calvinism gets more preposterous by the minute.

May 19, 2020
There it is EG preacher posted it above.so you did teach it EG?..you chose God?

E

EleventhHour

There is one here who seems to want to get attention in anyway that they can. They do not seem interested in learning or discussing scripture just out for attention and making trouble. Maybe if we all ignore this person then it will put and end to this behavior.
Agree

L

lenna

To be fair in my head I honestly thought I was replying to someone else, I mean I was responding to your comment, but I thought someone else made it. I thought I was talking to a brother, I would not have thought lenna was a male name. LOL sorry about that sister.
not a problem :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Oh, she can ask me, she has full right to.

Yes, you "never taught" you chose God according to you, and I'm a "liar" well, except for this:

There are more. But the above is enough. You taught it, and I am no liar. You need to retire your name calling.
Let’s put in context

The way I see it, We chose to be saved, by placing our faith in the work of God.

That is not chosing God.

We are unable to even understand God until after we are saved, thus we have no capacity to chose God.
so as you can see in the conversation, I was taken out of context.

how could I say we have no capacity, then say later we have capacity

my words of choosing god was in context of Him asking If I chose based on my own strength

So it is clear, your choice is we choose God but he gives us strength. Got it.
how could I possibly choose a god I never even knew

so no, he does not get a pass for taking me out of context.

Dec 28, 2016
Would be nice if calling me a liar stopped. But that may be too much to ask.

Everything I've said is true, all of it. There is no reason that I would lie about him, even given his calling me one over and again, to you, others, myself. Then bullying you simply for liking what I said? It has gotten out of control.

E

eternally-gratefull

Nope

i did not teach it, you need to go back and look in context. That was in response to a question someone asked man out Chosing god of my own strength

but believe what you want

E

eternally-gratefull

Would be nice if calling me a liar stopped. But that may be too much to ask.

Everything I've said is true, all of it. There is no reason that I would lie about him, even given his calling me one over and again, to you, others, myself. Then bullying you simply for liking what I said? It has gotten out of control.
Because it’s what you do to everyone who disagrees with you.

you still are a liar, I did not chose God he chose me, I said the very words in the thread you posted in

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No matter what scripture you offer that clearly refute this dogma of Calvinism it does not matter, when one immerses themselves in a "system" it requires a move of God to remove the blinders that hold their eyes.
a system like for example, sin and death?

i think it always requires a move of God to remove blindness. if not for God, i wouldn't have eyes at all - let lone eyes that see

E

EleventhHour

i think it always requires a move of God to remove blindness. if not for God, i wouldn't have eyes at all - let lone eyes that see
I was referring to a a false "system of dogma."

But yes spiritual blindness requires a move of God for sure

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
No matter what scripture you offer that clearly refute this dogma of Calvinism it does not matter, when one immerses themselves in a "system" it requires a move of God to remove the blinders that hold their eyes.

maxresdefault.jpg

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
One of the many things that I don't get about Calvinism. They use Ephesians. 2: 8-9. To try to make their point, that God only gives faith to some and not others. So it is God doing the gifting of faith, and no one can boast.

I see that differently. If God chose to give me faith and then for some reason He chose not give someone else a chance or faith then it looks like I would have something to boast about. It would mean he saw something in me that he wanted and chose me because I was somehow special or better than the person he chose not to give faith too.

God's grace is the gift through faith. So I cannot boast. I am not more worthy or special than anyone else so I cannot boast.
why couldn't you boast that you have faith when someone else doesn't?
wouldn't the fact you were able to muster some up make you more special than someone who couldn't?

Dec 28, 2016
Let’s put in context

so as you can see in the conversation, I was taken out of context.

how could I say we have no capacity, then say later we have capacity

my words of choosing god was in context of Him asking If I chose based on my own strength

how could I possibly choose a god I never even knew

so no, he does not get a pass for taking me out of context.
You weren't taken out of context, you plainly taught you chose God.

I'd say nice try, but it wasn't.

There are more quotes where you say plainly you chose God, and your only out is to say your plain words are taken out of context when any honest person can see they weren't. But I knew this is exactly what you'd pull, you deny what you teach when shown word for word that you do in fact teach it.

How could you possibly choose God you cry? Dunno, but that's your claim, plain to see.

Now, I really couldn't care less about what you teach, that's on you. But when you lie about it and me? Then I start caring. You taught it, try owning it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
why couldn't you boast that you have faith when someone else doesn't?
wouldn't the fact you were able to muster some up make you more special than someone who couldn't?
Not when it was given as a gift... plus we acknowledge we do not deserve such a gift. Nobody does.

Grace = unmerited favor, after all :D

John146

Jan 13, 2016
There is no context that does away with the truth of that text, except for your context, which is denial and eisegesis due to an aversion of God getting all the glory for what it clearly states.

Tell us all again how you get some of that glory, and take it away from God and Scripture? Insert what you did, and show us.
There’s no glory believing when confronted with the truth. Jesus paid it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.