Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Not when it was given as a gift... plus we acknowledge we do not deserve such a gift. Nobody does.

Grace = unmerited favor, after all :D

yes -- i was thinking,
i could only boast of a gift if i thought i received it because i deserved it. if i was given what i did not deserve, it's the glory of the One who gave it -- and that's not diminished by His choosing to give to one and not another.

pretty sure we had a parable about people, who were themselves treated fairly, complaining over others being treated generously.. ?

E

EleventhHour

yes -- i was thinking,
i could only boast of a gift if i thought i received it because i deserved it. if i was given what i did not deserve, it's the glory of the One who gave it -- and that's not diminished by His choosing to give to one and not another.

pretty sure we had a parable about people, who were themselves treated fairly, complaining over others being treated generously.. ?
It certainly does not diminish the Gift but what does it reveal about the Gift Giver... especially when all are equally guilty and no one is deserving?

Can you answer honestly no one else seems to be able to?

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
why couldn't you boast that you have faith when someone else doesn't?
wouldn't the fact you were able to muster some up make you more special than someone who couldn't?
No, but if God chose to give me faith and save me, and chose not to give someone else a chance, then wouldn't that make me more special than the other person? If that be the case then it would seem that He found something special in me and chose to save me on some type of merit. Wouldn't this actually give someone a reason to boast?

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
...But yes spiritual blindness requires a move of God for sure
You do realize that you're in direct violation of your free will teaching to imply that God interferes to remove blindness, don't you?

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
You do realize that you're in direct violation of your free will teaching to imply that God interferes to remove blindness, don't you?
I'm pretty sure it's called drawing and conviction. You do know that Jesus said if I be lifted up I will draw all men to my self, and also that the Holy Spirit was sent into the world to convict it of sin, righteousness, and judgement don't you?

May 19, 2020
No, but if God chose to give me faith and save me, and chose not to give someone else a chance, then wouldn't that make me more special than the other person? If that be the case then it would seem that He found something special in me and chose to save me on some type of merit. Wouldn't this actually give someone a reason to boast?
Can I say no he wouldn’t,because the one he chose he would know that they wouldn’t boast..just my way of looking at it...he knows everything about the one he chooses doesn’t he?

I’m not saying it’s right..just different to how you see it.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
How do you get you chose Him?
You open your heart's door.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

E

EleventhHour

I do not have a "system" so I am not worried.

E

eternally-gratefull

In fact, we see it all the time..

E

eternally-gratefull

How so?

does the fact god removed my blindness mean I will always chose to be saved over my sin? I think romans 1 says no

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
That does not say he chose God

where did he say he chose God? as apposed to God choosing him?
I mean we can play Symantec games all day long.

He said he chose his “free ticket” for Salvation.

Jesus is the free ticket. Jesus is God. God chose us.

You have to perform like a Chinese acrobat, like 11 did, to stretch that crystal clear passage to mean anything other than God chose us, not the other way around.

Dec 28, 2016

You have to perform like a Chinese acrobat, like 11 did, to stretch that crystal clear passage to mean anything other than God chose us, not the other way around.
You're spinning your wheels bro. No matter what proof you give they will twist it to their favor.

Dec 28, 2016
It's funny how one says he chose God, but then says he didn't when shown he said it.

Plainly @eternally-gratefull taught this word for word "I chose God" but when asked if he chose God he says "No!"

Here is more of him "not" teaching he chose God when he actually did:

Dude, What is so hard about what I said

You asked, Did I chose God. - My Answer YES!!

You asked, Did I chose God out of my goodness - My answer NO!

You asked. Did I chose god out of my own strength - My Answer - NO

What is so hard about what I am saying, unless your FISHING for an answer? In which case, you will NEVER understand my point..
But of course he didn't really mean that, he was just joshing, posting his exact words are "taking him out of context."

E

eternally-gratefull

The cross is the free ticket

how can he chose Jesus whom he has no capacity to know
semantics is Important,

But as ma y as have recieved him to THEM he gave to power to be children

no one is born again until they recieved him

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
I wonder if that is his agenda: To sow dark seeds of worry, doubt, and despair amongst the brethren. Is that what his little "stirring the pot" jiggy is all about?
Umm, this thread was started by a 5 point calvinist, it's called Calvinist Kitchen... stirring the pot. 🤦‍♂️

E

eternally-gratefull

It's funny how one says he chose God, but then says he didn't when shown he said it.

Plainly @eternally-gratefull taught this word for word "I chose God" but when asked if he chose God he says "No!"

Here is more of him "not" teaching he chose God when he actually did:

But of course he didn't really mean that, he was just joshing, posting his exact words are "taking him out of context."
Dude get off it,

it’s funny how in that same thread I said I did not chose God I could not chose god

you took me out of context, like you do a lot of scripture,

i am about sick of your stuff. Get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.