Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EleventhHour

I was thinking more along the lines of theological language such as the "hidden will" and other doctrine that are reserved for later initiates. Though that certainly works too.

A lot of my growth in faith came from being a very reluctant Calvinist in my early formation because I was convinced that Calvinists had the best grasp on the Bible. That is, until I got so sick of the dual mindedness it created in me towards my fellow man separating people into "reprobates" and "elect" mentally while espousing a general love that I declared the entire Bible a lie. That was when God showed me the Calvinists don't have the proper view because they neglect the Hebrew context in exchange for a Roman one.
I knew you were but I figured it applied as well.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
So sometimes "all" means all and sometimes it does not.... I guess when it suits Calvinism right?.
All always means all.

We just have to use discernment as to what all is being talked about.

But how can you use discernment when you just throw blanket terms on everything to support your own prideful philosophy?

Dec 12, 2013
Calvinism just disagrees with your pride and arrogance.

It doesn't mean that its incorrect. It just means that you don't like it.

You tell my which doctrines of Calvinism you don't like and I will show you the scripture its based upon.
It has nothing to do with pride dude and the fact is...that is all you have....because you have no biblical grounds to stand on other than the regurgitated blather of a long dead and gone ex Catholic.....make no mistake about it....Calvinism is as evil as Mormonism....

Dec 12, 2013
Romans 3:23 it is easily understood to mean every individual person,

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

just as Romans 11:32
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

So yes God does mercy upon all >>>> whosoever!!

He is not selecting a few according to His limited mercy.>>>>>>> the invitation is open to all.
A prime example of how evil and deceptive Calvinism is.....constantly skewing truth to fit their false dogma....it is OBVIOUS that Romans is directed at ALL the lost...not just the followers of Calvin (sic)

Dec 12, 2013
All always means all.

But how can you use discernment when you just throw blanket terms on everything to support your own prideful philosophy?
More go to Calvinistic blather!!

Dec 12, 2013
Same ole same ole with all of you... you devolve into ad hominen even as I bring forth scripture... tells me you have no defense.

Sad really, because you do not have an accurate understanding of God and you deprive yourselves of a deeper understanding of His Love, and Grace.
Oh they will find out about his anger when he rips them a new one for peddling the ramblings of an ex Catholic as His way and his word!

Dec 12, 2013
I guess I hit a nerve .. LOL ... of course you cannot understand anything I post, I do not expect you too, I understand the blinders of

Calvinism and sadly I do understand all your post too well.

And I am not teaching ... refuting ..............as we all should, those that know your "the system" is not from God.
You must be talking to Calvin's proselyte

May 31, 2020
I don't have all the answers. But what I do know comes from scripture.

And some of your questions will just end in an obvious declaration of opinion, which really won't get anyone anywhere.

We already know what our opinions are. Right?
We indeed have our opinions but God’s Truth is what’s important. May we always be blessed and gifted with His Truth.

May 31, 2020
I was thinking more along the lines of theological language such as the "hidden will" and other doctrine that are reserved for later initiates. Though that certainly works too.

A lot of my growth in faith came from being a very reluctant Calvinist in my early formation because I was convinced that Calvinists had the best grasp on the Bible. That is, until I got so sick of the dual mindedness it created in me towards my fellow man separating people into "reprobates" and "elect" mentally while espousing a general love that I declared the entire Bible a lie. That was when God showed me the Calvinists don't have the proper view because they neglect the Hebrew context in exchange for a Roman one.
Very profound testimony. 😎❤️🙏

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
It has nothing to do with pride dude and the fact is...that is all you have....because you have no biblical grounds to stand on other than the regurgitated blather of a long dead and gone ex Catholic.....make no mistake about it....Calvinism is as evil as Mormonism....
It sure looks like pride. It sure sounds like pride. If it looks like pride and talks like pride I guess it must be pride.

If I didn't have biblical grounds to stand on I wouldn't claim it as truth.

Mar 28, 2016
So sometimes "all" means all and sometimes it does not.... I guess when it suits Calvinism right?

Just like "world" does not mean world.

"God is love" does not really mean He is love.

"every" does not mean every it means the elect

"whosoever" really means those I have selected

then we have a God who brings a life into the world and withholds His offer of grace ... yup that is not deceptively twisting scripture ...no not at all

I will go with scripture....

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Hebrews 2:9).
The elect taste and do the will. Some taste the powers of the world to come, and fall way and say I did it my way.

Grace is not a offering its the result of His work of faith that works in mankind .Not of or from man . (dead works)

Its silly to boast it comes from those who are dead in their trespasses and sin without God and a living hope .Rather than as many as the father gave the Son. They alone can come.

I will go with the scripture rather than blaspheming the name by which those who are elected to salvation are called upward.

Mar 28, 2016

Why would the faith of God that comes from knowing Christ cause a separation ?

The one mind of Christ is dual mindedness.? Perhaps you should listen to Christ and not Calvin .How did Calvin get in between he is dead .

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

The bible warns us of those who say we need a man to teach us. (1 John3:27-28) They are called antichrists.

E

EleventhHour

All always means all.
Philosophy you say?

Calvinism creates a problem...... "no ability to believe" (respond to the Gospel message) and then creates the solution "effectual call."

Yet where did the apostles teach effectual call. NO Where.

Were they liars.... they could not be honest and preach ...."God will send His irresistible grace upon some of you and save some of you."

No you have to read that message into their words.

All of Calvinism is centered around the false philosophy of "effectual call".... all the rest of TULIP was developed to protect this false core tenet.

Status
Not open for further replies.