Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2020
Yeah......ok...............actually, some of the top minds of history have believed in Jesus/God and even now some do......but hey, if you want to believe what you have written, especially the part about how we CHOOSE to arrange scripture, have a ball...

Faith comes by HEARING and HEARING by the word of God. <--clear enough for me the way God had it written
The problem we have is the 40,000 different interpretations of Scripture within the Christian denominations. We can make the Bible say anything we want it to say, some have used it to justify the murder of fellow Christians.

All we can do is hope that our particular denomination has cracked the code and we get a ticket to heaven, for being lucky enough to be a member of the winning team. So at this point in time, the truth is relevant as we all pick the bits of scripture which suit our view and throw the rest away.

E

eternally-gratefull

I would agree with you, but you must first show me how to sweep the 120 passages of scripture which speak of election under the carpet
I do Not sweep them Under the carpet I just have a different view of election And what it is than you do

E

eternally-gratefull

The problem we have is the 40,000 different interpretations of Scripture within the Christian denominations. We can make the Bible say anything we want it to say, some have used it to justify the murder of fellow Christians.

All we can do is hope that our particular denomination has cracked the code and we get a ticket to heaven, for being lucky enough to be a member of the winning team. So at this point in time, the truth is relevant as we all pick the bits of scripture which suit our view and throw the rest away.
Sounds like a catholic response (the 40000)

Apr 9, 2020
Lol, I said if this were true, going back to the post I was addressing.
Do you believe you were in Christ before the foundation of the world?
That's a self explanatory question, if I claim to believe what God has said when He stated that He chose us before He laid the foundations of the world then I have to believe that I was in Christ before He laid the foundations of the world.
I don't see any conflict with being born dead in sin and being chosen before the foundations of the world. Please explain why you would have any issues with this Bible doctrine.

Apr 9, 2020
God’s will is for you to not sin. Did He fail or did you?
What do you base your assumption on, I've never found that in the Bible. How could I not sin, if I was born baring Adams ( the sinner's) image, I hope you don't believe the heresy that we are born baring God's image.
Only Jesus, Adam and Eve were born baring God's image, the rest of humanity is born baring Satan's image

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Here is what I believe, and am totally unshakable in these truths
Doctrines of Grace or TULIP
T - total depravity of man
U - Unconditional election of the saints
L - Limited atonement
I - Irresistable Grace
P - preservation of the saints (once saved always saved.

the 5 Solas
sola scriptura the bible alone as our only source for faith and morals
sola gratia grace alone
sola fide faith alone
sola Christos Christ alone
soli deo gloria glory to God alone

The ONE true God eternally exists as three distinct Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal, co-eternal, and one in essence.

and in the eschatology of Amillianism
Hi I'm new . I would say all five are unbiblical ( straight in no beating around the Bush lol ) . But seriously I did drift close to Calvinism for a season and when I looked into it I was shocked at how wrong it is . The key area for seeing my way out was on ' perseverance of the saints . I make the case that this is just subtle works salvation , inspite of it resting on 'election ' . its simply Lordship salvation . But I make the case also that all 5 points are totally false . Happy to discuss why I see this.

Apr 9, 2020
Hi I'm new . I would say all five are unbiblical ( straight in no beating around the Bush lol ) . But seriously I did drift close to Calvinism for a season and when I looked into it I was shocked at how wrong it is . The key area for seeing my way out was on ' perseverance of the saints . I make the case that this is just subtle works salvation , inspite of it resting on 'election ' . its simply Lordship salvation . But I make the case also that all 5 points are totally false . Happy to discuss why I see this.
You make the point but you don't tells us what your point is and what you base it on. God said there's a way that seems right to a man, but it leads to destruction

E

eternally-gratefull

Well I do belong to the Catholic Church, just not the Roman one
It would help if you stopped using thier excuses.

The 40000 excuse is nonsensical to begin with there is not 40000 gospels. There is basically 3 with differing Variations of the three

Apr 9, 2020
It would help if you stopped using thier excuses.

The 40000 excuse is nonsensical to begin with there is not 40000 gospels. There is basically 3 with differing Variations of the three
I know there aren't 40,000 gospels, but there are 40,000 denominations all claiming to posses the correct interpretation yet most disagree with each other. You will find that Christians are the most divided people on the earth, we hardly agree with each other about anything at all. Even the elders in most churches don't agree with each others interpretation so much less those of different denominations.
All we can do is hope that our interpretation is correct, as there's no way to prove anything to anyone.

E

eternally-gratefull

If I may ask how do you see it as works salvation? Just curious

John146

Jan 13, 2016
That's a self explanatory question, if I claim to believe what God has said when He stated that He chose us before He laid the foundations of the world then I have to believe that I was in Christ before He laid the foundations of the world.
I don't see any conflict with being born dead in sin and being chosen before the foundations of the world. Please explain why you would have any issues with this Bible doctrine.
If God has chosen you before the foundation of the world, then there would never be a time when you were the object of God’s wrath.

E

eternally-gratefull

I know there aren't 40,000 gospels, but there are 40,000 denominations all claiming to posses the correct interpretation yet most disagree with each other. You will find that Christians are the most divided people on the earth, we hardly agree with each other about anything at all. Even the elders in most churches don't agree with each others interpretation so much less those of different denominations.
All we can do is hope that our interpretation is correct, as there's no way to prove anything to anyone.
I think most denominationalmdifferences are slight and to be honest 40000? I would love someone to name them all. It’s out there
agree with the point we will be held accountable for what we believe not what we are taught

E

eternally-gratefull

If God has chosen you before the foundation of the world, then there would never be a time when you were the object of God’s wrath.
God did chose us. It is the reason he chose us that is in question I believe

John146

Jan 13, 2016
What do you base your assumption on, I've never found that in the Bible. How could I not sin, if I was born baring Adams ( the sinner's) image, I hope you don't believe the heresy that we are born baring God's image.
Only Jesus, Adam and Eve were born baring God's image, the rest of humanity is born baring Satan's image
If God’s word says, do not lie, and you lie, that’s sin. Shall I go through everything...do you really believe it is God’s will for you to sin?

Romans 6:
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

E

EleventhHour

Lordship salvation is perseverance of the saints .....another cancer spreading in the churches.

Amen! Resting in salvation.

E

EleventhHour

I would agree with you, but you must first show me how to sweep the 120 passages of scripture which speak of election under the carpet
Perhaps you should study what "election" in context of scripture. It is not this.....................

Some pots were MADE FOR destruction, some for Glory...hmmmm Romans 9

Status
Not open for further replies.