Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2020
I also have news for you, Reformed Theology did not crack the code... the Bible is not a code.

I am thinking now you defend a theology you have not really studied against scripture.

You have just accepted it and hoped your entrance into that denomination makes you one of the elect.

No one is saved unless....... it is by grace through faith.
Please tell me where or how I can get some faith, I'm willing to pay top dollar for it. I need to buy it for my family, friends and relatives as many of them don't have it. I will sell everything I have and give it to the person who tells me where the secret stash is, or at least tell me how I can convince them to receive it by grace.

E

eternally-gratefull

Most Bible scholars agree that the King James is the most accurate translation, they say versions such as the NIV are perverted.
The KJV has some prety glaring deficiencies also. Especially in today’s world

E

eternally-gratefull

The Lord Jesus Christ is a Calvinist, He did study scripture from a young age in the synagogue and when He began His Ministry at the age of 30 He taught the same gospel as John Calvin, so we can say He is a Calvinist as well.
The Lord Jesus is God,

this type of reasoning you just used is pretty off base and nonsensical, it makes you appear to puff yourself up

Apr 9, 2020
HAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHSAHHSHHSHSHHSHSHBXIEUHDIEJSOWJSBXBDJIEIJSJSNJDJJDJSKSKSKS

I bet you are like the preacher and deacons I heard say.....Paul and Jesus preached out of the King Jimmy and if it was good enough for them, it is good enough for me!

God did not authorize the King James bible which is not only a transliteration, but practically copied verbatim from a previous English version and is loaded with transliterational errors that allowed the Episcopalian Priests that put it together to keep their heads attached.....

Geesh......
I believe in the Sovereign God of the Bible, He predetermines everything that has happened and will ever happen in human history. All of the respected Bible Scholars and Theologians agree that the King James version is the most reliable translation.

E

eternally-gratefull

Please tell me where or how I can get some faith, I'm willing to pay top dollar for it. I need to buy it for my family, friends and relatives as many of them don't have it. I will sell everything I have and give it to the person who tells me where the secret stash is, or at least tell me how I can convince them to receive it by grace.
By this post it is obvious you do not understand what faith is. You can not buy it but you can place it in untrustworthy things

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Can a new born christian continue to live in sin?
Why not? I have myself as an example. I gave my life to Jesus at a young age, grew up loving the Lord. Later, circumstances led my family away from the Lord and as a teenager, I went down a path of sin and destruction. It was 7 years or so before I repented and got back right with the Lord.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I believe in the Sovereign God of the Bible, He predetermines everything that has happened and will ever happen in human history. All of the respected Bible Scholars and Theologians agree that the King James version is the most reliable translation.
Calvin’s fatalism...

Apr 9, 2020
Yawnnnnnnn

God would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

And it is a simple concept....Before God cast the world down, he determined that ALL WHO COME TO HIM through his SON would be CHOSEN........

It is pure POPPYCOCK to say God chose MAN A for heaven and MAN B THRU Z to burn in hell.
"God would have all men to be saved" Notice it doesn't say "God had determined to save all men".

E

eternally-gratefull

Why not? I have myself as an example. I gave my life to Jesus at a young age, grew up loving the Lord. Later, circumstances led my family away from the Lord and as a teenager, I went down a path of sin and destruction. It was 7 years or so before I repented and got back right with the Lord.
Then John lied and a child of god can sin even if he was born of God

Even when I was a prodigal I did not “live in sin” I was unable to something kept pulling me and I still had love and shared that love. It was not all about self

May 31, 2020
The Gospels 😉

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Then John lied and a child of god can sin even if he was born of God

Even when I was a prodigal I did not “live in sin” I was unable to something kept pulling me and I still had love and shared that love. It was not all about self
In the eyes of God, I can’t sin. The law of sin and death has been taken away, nailed to the cross. If I steal, I am not guilty before God because I have the imputed righteousness of Jesus.

Apr 9, 2020
Make that 40, then cut it in half. There are probably about two dozen denominations ( if you ignore any sub-divisions). And among non-Catholic Christians all believe in the Five Solas (unless they have become thoroughly liberal)

But this is false. Rightly dividing the Word of Truth, comparing Scripture with Scripture, using all legitimate Bible study tools, and understanding the mind of God and Christ as revealed in Scripture will DEFINITELY lead to the truth. Indeed God says that the Holy Spirit will lead us into ALL TRUTH, and that we have an *unction* or anointing from the Holy Spirit.

The real issue is "DO YOU WANT THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH?"
What is "Truth", do we find it by studying scripture?

The Lord Jesus Christ said "I am the truth" so I believe the truth is Christ Himself. We all hate Christ, before our conversion so I read your last line as "DO YOU WANT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND NOTHING BUT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST" The problem with that question is, how can anyone who hates the Truth want it. Can a person force themselves to love someone they hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.