Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2016
It sounds like you don't have a clue to how important Jacob is in God's purpose. You should study more about the sugnifficense of why God changed Jacob's name to be called Israel. All scriptures are important, and they will have to harmonize, if you are to understand the truths contained in God's inspired words. All of the nation of Israel is not christian, just those elect that Jacob/Israel represents.

I am almost sure that every time that you see the word "ISRAEL" mentioned in the scriptures, you interpret it as "the nation of Israel", when, in actuality, most of the time it refers to Jacob/Israel.

Rom 2:28-29, For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh;(nation of Israel) But he is a Jew, which one inwardly; and circumcision is of the heart, in the spirit, (Jacob/Israel), and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rom 9:6, Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel. Rom 9:11, For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, THAT THE PURPOSE OF GOD ACCORDING TO ELECTION MIGHT STAND, not of works, but of him that calleth. verse 13, As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Rom 9:15-16, For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion, so then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
You are mixing metaphors .Israel and Jacob have a different purpose applied to the word names . God has mercy on all the nations. He is the father of many not one. That is reflected in the name Abraham "the father of many " (all)

Jacob represents those of deceive .Israel those given the power not to deceive. Jacob attempted to usurp the birth rite Israel speaks of the bride of Christ before the reformation .

God did not change the name from Israel to Christian a more befitting name for the God of all nations without a purpose. It would seem you are trying to make a outward Jew into a inward Jew .(outward/inward) the same also .like Jacob/ Israel.

A Christian is a Jew inwardly .The corrupted flesh of mankind does not profit. Again even Jesus of his own Hebrew flesh declared it profits for nothing .

Sounds like some one is following Jewish Rabbis. . as teaching masters

All of born again Israel referred to as Christian the new name God named his one bride made up of all the nations of the world .

its never Jacob/Israel. What paraphrase are you using

Mar 28, 2016
I am indeed.

The Holy Spirit, Context (historical research as well) reasoning and sound teachers.

Helps to use all the tools.

The outward historical the temporal must be mixed with the unseen eternal law of faith . Following the literal historical and not rightly dividing the parables using the tools will not unlock the mysteries of faith .

In the end they end up as parables without the spiritual understanding.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Mar 28, 2016
Sure seems like it.

You don't believe because you are not my sheep.

My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me.

If they were the elect they would believe. They would hear the Lords voice and they would follow Him.

Calvin did not use the English word tulip he spoke Dutch tulp .

Dec 12, 2013
So in your theory God made mankind A thru Z to inherit heaven. Dan 4:35, If God doeth is will among the inhabitants of the earth, and none can stay his hand, then all mankind will be in heaven, Right?

God has given mankind the freedom of choosing out his changes as he lives here on earth, but man has no choice in his eternal destination. That is determined by God's sovereign grace, without the help of man. Show me the scripture where God says he will not usurp his authority over man's free will.
You obviously cannot help but embellish everything you touch.....same crap happened in the garden and when you add to what someone said to imply something they did not imply makes you a liar!

Dec 12, 2013
You cannot believe until you hear, and only his sheep (regenerated) hear his voice, with the understanding of what he is saying, because they cannot discern the things of the Spirit, and thinks they are foolishness (1 Cor 2:14), until God quickens them and adds them to his sheepfold.

Someone has deceived you with a false doctrine that is not the doctrine of Jesus.
False alert....ox before the cart alert....oh wait...Calvinogma alert

Dec 12, 2013
I refuse to believe that the Holy Spirit, within you, has revealed this to you as truth. I believe that you are a christian that has been quickened to the new spiritual life, but you are in need of some different teaching, with the revelation of the Holy Spirit, You seem to be someone that is truly interested in gleaning the truth of the scriptures. I pray that you can deny your own entelect, and let the Holy Spirit reveal some truths to you.
We already know you refuse to believe truth and or what the Holy Spirit reveals....

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Wrong.. they have not believed therefore >>>>>>they are not His sheep.

The errors are subtle but they are still errors.
Your errors are not subtle at all. They are glaring.

John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Mar 28, 2016
We already know you refuse to believe truth and or what the Holy Spirit reveals....

How many did the father give to the son ? Do some not believe ? Where does the power to believe come from? Self edification as a sign of remission of sin? Just get wet?

May 31, 2020

John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
In verse 25 it shows Jesus told them and they did not believe. Why would Jesus waste His time telling them if they were not afforded the opportunity to believe and be saved?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
In verse 25 it shows Jesus told them and they did not believe. Why would Jesus waste His time telling them if they were not afforded the opportunity to believe and be saved?
Its written in the bible so its obviously a teaching moment.

Why does the Lord talk to the Pharisees, ever?

E

EleventhHour

That is right, they had the choice to believe and they did not.
Since they did not believe they are not one of His sheep.

It is quite straightforward actually.

Dec 12, 2013
You know.....it really sank home today....Calvinists are exactly like the Pharisees of old.....

Hyper religious

Full of misplaced zeal

Think they are more righteous than others

Claim to be of God

Skew scripture

Believe they have a grasp on scripture

Believe they are the chosen ones

Reject all truth that proves their error

Yes, yes indeed.....a modern version of a Pharisee with a different name.....

My bible is clear....

God would have ALL MEN be saved and come to repentance....NOT JUST THE CALVINISTS that peddle a doctrine formed by a man from the mid 1500's!

E

EleventhHour

You know.....it really sank home today....Calvinists are exactly like the Pharisees of old.....

Hyper religious

Full of misplaced zeal

Think they are more righteous than others

Claim to be of God

Skew scripture

Believe they have a grasp on scripture

Believe they are the chosen ones

Reject all truth that proves their error

Yes, yes indeed.....a modern version of a Pharisee with a different name.....

My bible is clear....

God would have ALL MEN be saved and come to repentance....NOT JUST THE CALVINISTS that peddle a doctrine formed by a man from the mid 1500's!
And anyone who falls under their teaching blinds themselves to truth.

And it calls it itself the "gospel of grace" ... nope it is not.

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020
And anyone who falls under their teaching blinds themselves to truth.

And it calls it itself the "gospel of grace" ... nope it is not.

there seem to be Many gospels, Many Flavors, so to Speak. the Wise thing to Do would be to Ask God's view on the Gospel and to Seek the 'Real' Truth -- from God-- through the Spirit, and to Keep seeking Truth and He may reveal it Yet,

"... if you seek Me with all your heart ..." not some -- but with all our heart.

Isaiah 45:19
I have not spoken in secret, from a place in a land of darkness. I did not say to the descendants of Jacob: 'Seek Me in a wasteland.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I say what is right.

Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD. They will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart.

Amos 5:4
For this is what the LORD says to the house of Israel: "Seek Me and live!

Deuteronomy 4:29-31
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul…

Matthew 7:7
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You are mixing metaphors .Israel and Jacob have a different purpose applied to the word names . God has mercy on all the nations. He is the father of many not one. That is reflected in the name Abraham "the father of many " (all)

Jacob represents those of deceive .Israel those given the power not to deceive. Jacob attempted to usurp the birth rite Israel speaks of the bride of Christ before the reformation .

God did not change the name from Israel to Christian a more befitting name for the God of all nations without a purpose. It would seem you are trying to make a outward Jew into a inward Jew .(outward/inward) the same also .like Jacob/ Israel.

A Christian is a Jew inwardly .The corrupted flesh of mankind does not profit. Again even Jesus of his own Hebrew flesh declared it profits for nothing .

Sounds like some one is following Jewish Rabbis. . as teaching masters

All of born again Israel referred to as Christian the new name God named his one bride made up of all the nations of the world .

its never Jacob/Israel. What paraphrase are you using
You have no concept of why God changed Jacob's name to Israel.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You obviously cannot help but embellish everything you touch.....same crap happened in the garden and when you add to what someone said to imply something they did not imply makes you a liar!
Show me the scripture. Are you afraid that someone will call your hand on misinterpreting the scripture? Is that the reason that you do not answer scripture with scripture?

Status
Not open for further replies.