Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2016
JEWS + GENTILES = THE WHOLE WORLD
Or Gentiles + Jews. Six of one a half a dozen of the other,

God puts no difference between the two purifying the hearts of all nations by a work of His faith or labor of His love

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020
A very odd pitcher to see; The natural man, who cannot understand the things of the Spirit, and thinks them to be foolishness, repenting of breaking a spiritual law that he cannot understand. The natural man will not do that, infact, 1 Cor 2:14 says he cannot know spiritual laws, because they are spiritually discerned. The only way that the natural man can understand spiritual things is after he has been quickened to a spiritual life.

could be that there are 2 parts of man -- the natural, and the spiritual. ".. choose this day whom you will serve .. ". :)

Mar 28, 2016
could be that there are 2 parts of man -- the natural, and the spiritual. ".. choose this day whom you will serve .. ". :)
Two parts of converted mankind old and new . One faithless part of natural man. A person must be born again from above born of God.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
dcontroversal,

[This proves nothing]
Facts do not need to be proven, when scripture declares it that is the proof.

I do not mean to confuse you with the scriptural truth;
rom.8:
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

[.....and the same could be directed right back at you pal......]
Wow,,,you used the word ....PAL.....VERY IMPRESSIVE:unsure::eek::unsure::sneaky::sneaky:

[the hilarious truth...what you and your Calvinite buddies peddle is akin to the Pharisees of the 1st Century A.D.....and they, like you guys, absolutely believe you have the market cornered on understanding scripture while ignoring truth left, right and center that absolutely contradicts the charade you guys peddle.....the same egotistical, self righteous, Phariseeical, I am special, glad I am not like you sinners false gospel.]

What a stupid ,useless post. They did not understand spiritual truth, and neither do you. Instead, you are critical of many others who have offered you correction showing yourself to be a fool according to Proverbs,
If that is what makes you happy keep it up, but if you want to learn truth , listen to the help offered,

[The bible is clear....salvation is open to all,]

We offer the hope of the gospel to all men who hear the word being preached.

[everything testifies to man, humanity is WITHOUT EXCUSE before the throne and Christ]

Yes, all men are fully responsible before God.

[paid the sin debt of the whole word is says]

No, that is not what it teaches, that is not what it says,
For example even though you offered no scripture once again, I think you are referring to 1 jn2:2 but you have not studied it ouit to understand that the words
"the sins of"are not in the text:cautious:
Study will help you:geek:

[...and without a doubt men preach the gospel, ]
Yes they do

[those HEARING MUST BELIEVE, ACKNOWLEDGE SAID BELIEF and THEN AND ONLY THEN ARE THEY SAVED, BORN FROM ABOVE AND REGENERATED by the living God of Heaven.]

Again ,no scripture. Study would help you understand spiritually dead men need life first in order to believe.

[What you and your cronies peddle is not only false, it is blasphemous because it flat DENIES the intent and purpose of Christ, his mission, his power,]

They other Holy Brethren have confessed Christ and His eternal purpose that has been made known to the Church
eph3:
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

[the ability of the LIGHT to shine in a dark place and illuminate a fallen man's mind to the extent that they can be made whole, reunited with the God that made them in their mother's womb and it flat denies the LOVE OF GOD and the fact that GOD IS LOVE while devaluing GOD to some HORRID HATER that will in BIAS say MAN A gets lucky and man B thru Z will cook....that is as evil as it comes....and while I am there....I think it is a crying SHAME this heretical dogma is allowed on this site!]

Your twisted understanding is the only heresy appearing on this thread,

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
"EleventhHour,

[Yes, God does allow people to believe things that are not true, however, I will not believe them because they are not true.

When Calvinites cannot defend their dogma this is the typical retreat position
.]
If you offered anything that looked like a biblical defense of your ideas, every Calvinist on here would gladly correct you caricatures and strawmen.

E

EleventhHour

"EleventhHour,

[Yes, God does allow people to believe things that are not true, however, I will not believe them because they are not true.

When Calvinites cannot defend their dogma this is the typical retreat position.]
If you offered anything that looked like a biblical defense of your ideas, every Calvinist on here would gladly correct you caricatures and strawmen.
Fyi............... if you want people to receive an alert of your response to them type a @ in front of their name and a drop down men of people will appear from which you can select.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
It is nonsense to claim Jesus taught nonsense.

In fact it is blasphemous, since Five Point Calvinism is spiritual NONSENSE. It perverts every Gospel truth, and I have already posted on that.

Since you call yourself Iconoclast, how come the idol of Calvinism has not been toppled by you already? The apostle John said "Little children, keep yourselves from idols" but you paid him no heed.
Friend,
You might be a legend in your own mind, but you have offered nothing scripturally to suggest otherwise.
Can you show a post where I quoted from John Calvin?
You bloviate and call names, but offer no substance. Try offering some scripture, go for it. We can handle anything you have with no trouble whatsoever.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Fyi............... if you want people to receive an alert of your response to them type a @ in front of their name and a drop down men of people will appear from which you can select.
Thanks, I just try and react and respond to what I see. Who reads it and finds help I will leave that to God.
Some are not looking for truth, just seem to want to argue.

E

EleventhHour

Thanks, I just try and react and respond to what I see. Who reads it and finds help I will leave that to God.
Some are not looking for truth, just seem to want to argue.
Soon as we present scripture that refutes this dogma, TULIP, Calvinists retreat and say we cannot understand.
Here deal with this does "all" mean all?

Romans 5:12 states, “. . . all have sinned.”

Yes Calvinism denies this statement as meaning "all"

Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for "all" people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
Romans 5:18

So which one is true?

Dec 12, 2013
dcontroversal,

[This proves nothing]

rom.8:
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Wow,,,you used the word ....PAL.....VERY IMPRESSIVE:unsure::eek::unsure::sneaky::sneaky:

[the hilarious truth...what you and your Calvinite buddies peddle is akin to the Pharisees of the 1st Century A.D.....and they, like you guys, absolutely believe you have the market cornered on understanding scripture while ignoring truth left, right and center that absolutely contradicts the charade you guys peddle.....the same egotistical, self righteous, Phariseeical, I am special, glad I am not like you sinners false gospel.]

What a stupid ,useless post. They did not understand spiritual truth, and neither do you. Instead, you are critical of many others who have offered you correction showing yourself to be a fool according to Proverbs,
If that is what makes you happy keep it up, but if you want to learn truth , listen to the help offered,

[everything testifies to man, humanity is WITHOUT EXCUSE before the throne and Christ]

For example even though you offered no scripture once again, I think you are referring to 1 jn2:2 but you have not studied it ouit to understand that the words

Yes they do

[those HEARING MUST BELIEVE, ACKNOWLEDGE SAID BELIEF and THEN AND ONLY THEN ARE THEY SAVED, BORN FROM ABOVE AND REGENERATED by the living God of Heaven.]

Again ,no scripture. Study would help you understand spiritually dead men need life first in order to believe.

[What you and your cronies peddle is not only false, it is blasphemous because it flat DENIES the intent and purpose of Christ, his mission, his power,]

They other Holy Brethren have confessed Christ and His eternal purpose that has been made known to the Church
eph3:
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

[the ability of the LIGHT to shine in a dark place and illuminate a fallen man's mind to the extent that they can be made whole, reunited with the God that made them in their mother's womb and it flat denies the LOVE OF GOD and the fact that GOD IS LOVE while devaluing GOD to some HORRID HATER that will in BIAS say MAN A gets lucky and man B thru Z will cook....that is as evil as it comes....and while I am there....I think it is a crying SHAME this heretical dogma is allowed on this site!]

You offer nothing spiritual pal....nothing but regurgitated, repackaged Phariseeism with a John Calvin twist....make no mistake about it junior!

May 19, 2020
Do you never get fed up of Calvinistic baloney? You cannot be made alive in Christ until and unless you repent and are converted. Only then do you receive the Holy Spirit, and only then is your spirit made alive in Christ through the New Birth. How can anyone tolerate so much nonsense?

Did I say I never repented before I became born again?

You need to read some of my posts..my testimony was personal between God and I......I did all my repenting,thank you very much.

God drew me to him and I never had a choice,now if you don’t and “SOME” others don’t understand that......I have no problem with it......,”Many Do” understand it......I will certainly never deny it....to agree with your belief.......which I already have told you also....that I disagree with it.

May 19, 2020
A very odd pitcher to see; The natural man, who cannot understand the things of the Spirit, and thinks them to be foolishness, repenting of breaking a spiritual law that he cannot understand. The natural man will not do that, infact, 1 Cor 2:14 says he cannot know spiritual laws, because they are spiritually discerned. The only way that the natural man can understand spiritual things is after he has been quickened to a spiritual life.

Indeed,we become spiritually alive in Christ....you can tell who is alive also,by the fruits of their spirit,we are called to bear the fruit of Jesus,only the Holy Spirit can make that possible for a believer.

Some on here have been walking with the Lord for over 51 yrs,I won’t mention their name....I see no fruit what so ever,.....just ridicule and shaming of others,that is not of God......not when it becomes so personal,I even joined in at one time.....but knew in my Spirit that it is very wrong.

Some have biblical knowledge,that doesn’t make them born again.....look at the fruit is what the Holy Spirit has shown me.

May 19, 2020
God does not make you "alive in Christ" until you hear the Gospel and believe/trust in Jesus Christ for the gift of salvation.

Any teaching contrary to this not from God.

God makes you alive in Christ,when you repent and cry out to Him...God drew me to Him Self.....He testified to my spirit that I was His Child,I had no choice in the matter...that is why I have never ever doubted my Faith I am secure in that knowledge,that can only come from the Holy Spirit.....which you clearly don’t understand.

God is in the Heart of a believer...as soon as one becomes born again,we start to bear fruit....which for some reason you can’t stand me saying......now that leaves a question mark......also you post incessantly,at it’s not always to protect scripture.....many of your posts are rude and demeaning...you get extremely personal with some members..........that is not Fruit Of the Spirit....again a question mark?

Many times I have said..biblical knowledge is nothing unless God resides in your Heart and leads you through scripture......personally I think you lead yourself.just my observation of many of your posts.

May 19, 2020
"Duskey
[Do you believe God creates certain people specifically destined for damnation?]

Hello D,
Fair question.
God created man upright Gen 1:31
Eccl.7:
29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Man was created pre-fall in the image of God.
After the fall into sin and death, men were made after Adam, that is spiritually dead

Gen5:
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Sinners outside of Christ are condemned men, guilty before God.
God in mercy saves a multitude os guilty sinners and passes by others.
1689 confession of faith
Chapter 10: Of Effectual Calling
1._____ Those whom God hath predestinated unto life, he is pleased in his appointed, and accepted time, effectually to call, by his Word and Spirit, out of that state of sin and death in which they are by nature, to grace and salvation by Jesus Christ; enlightening their minds spiritually and savingly to understand the things of God; taking away their heart of stone, and giving unto them a heart of flesh; renewing their wills, and by his almighty power determining them to that which is good, and effectually drawing them to Jesus Christ; yet so as they come most freely, being made willing by his grace.
( Romans 8:30; Romans 11:7; Ephesians 1:10, 11; 2 Thessalonians 2:13, 14; Ephesians 2:1-6; Acts 26:18; Ephesians 1:17, 18; Ezekiel 36:26; Deuteronomy 30:6; Ezekiel 36:27; Ephesians 1:19; Psalm 110:3; Song of Solomon 1:4 )

4._____ Others not elected, although they may be called by the ministry of the Word, and may have some common operations of the Spirit, yet not being effectually drawn by the Father, they neither will nor can truly come to Christ, and therefore cannot be saved: much less can men that receive not the Christian religion be saved; be they never so diligent to frame their lives according to the light of nature and the law of that religion they do profess.
( Matthew 22:14; Matthew 13:20, 21; Hebrews 6:4, 5; John 6:44, 45, 65; 1 John 2:24, 25; Acts 4:12; John 4:22; John 17:3 )

You know in your spirit if God has chosen you,...For me it was completely unexpected, my spirit knew instantly that it was the Holy Spirit testifying to my spirit.....it was such a HUGE HONOUR to be a child of God.....I still can't believe it to this day.

I also had a personal vision from God of what will come to pass in my life...I received that vision into my heart,but my mind was the mine field...the vision was 28 yrs ago,my mind has caught up with my heart....God has brought what he showed me all of those yrs ago....I believe it and it is coming to pass....it's like a jigsaw puzzle......only God is in control of it,absolutely amazing and exciting to watch it unfold...in fact words can't come anywhere near to my excitement.

Dec 12, 2013
Indeed,we become spiritually alive in Christ....you can tell who is alive also,by the fruits of their spirit,we are called to bear the fruit of Jesus,only the Holy Spirit can make that possible for a believer.

Some on here have been walking with the Lord for over 51 yrs,I won’t mention their name....I see no fruit what so ever,.....just ridicule and shaming of others,that is not of God......not when it becomes so personal,I even joined in at one time.....but knew in my Spirit that it is very wrong.

Some have biblical knowledge,that doesn’t make them born again.....look at the fruit is what the Holy Spirit has shown me.
Yawn....and your last line is a total contradiction of 1st Corinthians....but most already know you reject truth and contradict yourself almost every post you make......laughable at best!

Dec 12, 2013
God makes you alive in Christ,when you repent and cry out to Him...God drew me to Him Self.....He testified to my spirit that I was His Child,I had no choice in the matter...that is why I have never ever doubted my Faith I am secure in that knowledge,that can only come from the Holy Spirit.....which you clearly don’t understand.

God is in the Heart of a believer...as soon as one becomes born again,we start to bear fruit....which for some reason you can’t stand me saying......now that leaves a question mark......also you post incessantly,at it’s not always to protect scripture.....many of your posts are rude and demeaning...you get extremely personal with some members..........that is not Fruit Of the Spirit....again a question mark?

Many times I have said..biblical knowledge is nothing unless God resides in your Heart and leads you through scripture......personally I think you lead yourself.just my observation of many of your posts.
Maybe because what you say contradicts scripture......Insta fruit is a misnomer....and false...my bible teaches growth and maturity = fruit....but hey....the Lord will sort you out when you kneel before him!

May 19, 2020
Maybe because what you say contradicts scripture......Insta fruit is a misnomer....and false...my bible teaches growth and maturity = fruit....but hey....the Lord will sort you out when you kneel before him!
Yawn....and your last line is a total contradiction of 1st Corinthians....but most already know you reject truth and contradict yourself almost every post you make......laughable at best!

I fully reject “your” truth....now.......I follow the Holy Spirit....you are free to accuse me of what ever.

Only it has no impact...I look to the Holy Spirit to guide me....not man.....I will always post what I believe the Holy Spirit is saying through me.

As for fruit.....you are way off the mark.....but I wouldn’t be so rude in my approach as you are....from what I read of your posts......you ignore the word “fruit” your the one missing out on that not me.

May 19, 2020

Who said anything about insta fruit?

As soon as you become born again you start bearing fruit....because the Holy Spirit dwells in our heart....fruit is also scriptural...you will know them by their fruit,only you seem to dismiss that.

And come up with your own story of what it means....which isn’t biblical...it’s false....you are led by your own understanding....and it shows the more you post.

May 19, 2020
dcontroversal,

[This proves nothing]

rom.8:

Yes they do

eph3:

I agree with everything you say here......he even makes up excuses about the fruit of the spirit.....we know what they are....Jesus fruit should shine out from within us........all he has ever done since I've been here is insult and belittle......nothing to do with bearing fruit....in fact I don't think he knows what it truly means.
He makes up what it means in his own human understanding....which is false.

May 19, 2020

Quote from online...

Often,we will find out what we are made of by what “COMES OUT OF OUR MOUTHS” in both good and bad circumstances.
When we have a change in “CONDUCT “ and character in our lives,it is a type of spiritual fruit .Galatians 5:22 says,”But the fruit of the Spirit is love,joy peace,long suffering,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentlenes,”SELF CONTROL “.

A Christian life should be characterised by these things.

Are you producing fruit?

Or is the opposite true? Instead of love,is there hatred,bitterness,or even prejudice in your life? Instead of joy ,is there constant gloom?..instead of peace,is there turmoil? Instead of gentleness,is there a “SHORT TEMPER? Instead of faith ,is there endless worry?Instead Of meekness ,is there “PRIDE and ARROGANCE?
Instead of self control ,are you a victim of your own passions?

If so,then either you don’t KNOW GOD at all or a RECOMMITMENT TO CHRIST would be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.