Calvinists are preaching a false message .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
For your informationj, most churches are preaching a false message whether they be calvanists or armenian and it has nothing at all to do with what side of the fence they are preaching.

If they preach all you need to do is to accept jesus into your heart they are preaching a false message. The message of Pentecost was repent and be baptised. The church today needs to preach repent and be baptised. If they did that you would not have so many wishy washy Christians.
Clearly Peter is addressing Israel/ Jews . So thats a false message for today . You made my point .

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Clearly Peter is addressing Israel/ Jews . So thats a false message for today . You made my point .
If you are suggesting that Acts 2 is not applicable for today, then perhaps you should go back and see what the Gospel is all about. While the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on that day of Pentecost was unique, the gift of the Holy Spirit is now given to all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Most Arminians for example have been blinded by Calvinism.
Arminian beliefs are essentially Calvinistic, although they differ in a couple of points. The third alternative is biblical beliefs which come directly from the Bible.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
If you are suggesting that Acts 2 is not applicable for today, then perhaps you should go back and see what the Gospel is all about. While the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on that day of Pentecost was unique, the gift of the Holy Spirit is now given to all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 2 ( 38 ) is not just about the giving of the Holy Spirit. I'm not saying that's not for today or applicable . That would be foolish . I'm saying what Peter told the Jews to DO is not directed at us today. Peter was directly speaking a specific instruction to ISRAEL .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Arminian beliefs are essentially Calvinistic, although they differ in a couple of points. The third alternative is biblical beliefs which come directly from the Bible.
Many fall victim to the T and some variation of election and Predestination which is just calvinistic

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Many fall victim to the T and some variation of election and Predestination which is just calvinistic
Fall victim to the T? :ROFL:

You mean actually read the bible? :ROFL:

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

notuptome

May 17, 2013

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
There are a lot of verses that teach that man cannot saved himself. Those verses are used improperly by Calvinists to hang folks out in the land of no hope. John 1:8-9 lets man know there is hope. That hope is Jesus Christ. Jesus came to seek and to save lost souls. John 3:18-21 shows why some are not saved.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Can do nothing ? Can they eat ? Go for a walk ? Go fishing?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

John 1.13 means that man cannot save himself. He can seek the one who saves however.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
John 1.13 means that man cannot save himself. He can seek the one who saves however.
Pre-regeneration, is anyone seeking God?

as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God." Romans 3:10-11

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God." Romans 3:10-11
He rewards those who dillegently seek him . Paul tells his audience in Acts 17 that they can seek him .

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
He rewards those who dillegently seek him . Paul tells his audience in Acts 17 that they can seek him .
They can, but who are they? Regenerated believers?

As to the unregenerate, they can too, but do they? God says they do not. Rather, they are hostile toward Him.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

It would be crazy for God to Command all men everywhere to repent, then punish them for rejecting Jesus if they can't seek him .

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It would be crazy for God to Command all men everywhere to repent, then punish them for rejecting Jesus if they can't seek him .
Who said they cannot seek Him? They simply do not.

However, they can seek truth, which is embodied in the Person and work of Jesus Christ.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Paul is addressing lost people .
Paul is addressing people who worship an unknown God, letting them know He can be known.

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Who said they cannot seek Him? They simply do not.

However, they can seek truth, which is embodied in the Person and work of Jesus Christ.
Rom 3 is referencing the parallel psalms in that its addressing those that have turned aside and forsaken Gods ways .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Paul is addressing people who worship an unknown God, letting them know He can be known.

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.
Yes some men worship False gods

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

27That they SHOULD SEEK the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: