Camera "Allowed Access" but not working..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JonathanNZ

May 31, 2012
Hi there,

I'm using a mac, my built in camera works fine with other applications, I have allowed access to the webcam in the chat session but it does not activate. When I first log in I am asked to choose if I will use the webcam from the dropdown menu and the only option is 'i won't use the webcam'

any advice?

Thanks

JonathanNZ

W

wwjd_kilden

The number of available choices in the menu should not be related to you having a webcam or not (I think, normally menu choices are not that "intellgient")

Have you tried using a different browser?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
The default setting when you log into chat is to allow the webcam. Unless you select "do not allow" the site will automatically allow your cam, unless you have selected the option for those who are using dial-up service.

JonathanNZ

May 31, 2012
I have tried using a different browser and am having the same problem. I do not see a 'hgh-speed' or 'low-speed' option when I log in. The only option in the dropdown menu is 'i will not use webcam'

Thanks for your replies!

S

Siberian_Khatru

I'd like to know the fix for this. To my knowledge, there is no Flash for Mac. So I'm curious as to what you did to get around the "Allow" or "Deny" prompt. :)