Can a Christian be a follower of Buddha?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Why would a Christian want to be a follower of Buddha?

Buddhism is nontheistic and does not acknowledge a supreme god or deity.

I found these questions/comparisons:

How can someone who believes creation had a beginning also believe life is a timeless cycle
of birth, death and rebirth without beginning? How can they believe in the grace of God and
also believe no God can alter "karma"? How can they believe that Jesus is the only path to salvation
and good deeds alone will not get you into heaven and also believe good deeds will help for a better
rebirth? How can they believe in the final judgment and an end to creation and also believe in a never-
ending cycle of life? Christians believe in the existence of soul, while Buddhists believe in anatman: there
is no soul, but a impermanent, everchanging, interdependent pattern as it were that continues life to life.
source

LightOfMyLife

May 6, 2023
Independence, Mo
Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life no man comes to the Father but by me. Choose you this day who you will serve. Christians are not to be doubleminded.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
A easy no but I looked into it a bit "The meeting was a dialogue between the Dalai Lama and Lawrence Freeman, the spiritual director of the World Community for Christian Meditation. Both stated categorically that it is not possible for one person to be a Christian and a Buddhist. "

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I could follow Buddha to a restaurant. He looks like he knows good places to eat.

EagleAngel

Oct 31, 2023
Do you see Buddha's believers follow Jesus?

Oct 30, 2023
No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. (Matthew 6:24)

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. 27 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26-27)

And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. (Luke 9:23-24)

Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62)

And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. (Matthew 10:38)

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” Jesus said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum. (John 6:55-59)

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
(John 14:6)

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life no man comes to the Father but by me. Choose you this day who you will serve. Christians are not to be doubleminded.
Christians are secure in the arms of the Lord, with Christ in their hearts, They follow the teaching of the Lord, knowing He created us and our world, so all truth is from Him.

Christians are careful of what they feed their minds, for Christ within them leads them away from adding uncleanliness into their minds. However, they are free to explore such as Buddhism for any truth they may have, knowing that to follow Budda as a religion would be to follow error.

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
Acts 4: 11 Jesus is “‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Only in the name of Jesus is there salvation. You must be saved in the name of Jesus. There is no salvation in Bhudda. God Bless You :)