R
I am so overjoyed to have aquainted with a kindred spirit in the brotherhood of Christ. I lost my hummingbird here on this earth, however, in many ways her passing drew me nearer to God. When she died I never knew such loss and brokenness. The Lord did come to me when I called to Him, I never asked for signs or wonders, although through His miracles the world cannot know, He shined His light upon me, and in many wonderful ways exposed His glory to only me in a fashion of which I was only to see and understand, of which the righteous residue that remains of Him in me, is Him in me, for the world to now see. His glory, not mine. He is so worthy to be praised, and the rest of this earthen vapor of life shall I spend in not being ashamed of the gospel, and to be a worthy vessel of truth has become to the sufficiency of my ability, my occupation. I pray you and I may embark this, a new relationship, servants of the king, functioning members of the body of Christ. Amen, Sincerely, beyond forever--- Jon JonYou and me Bro. I used to Drink, Smoke, Gamble, and went through 2 marriages. Then I net a Lady who Loved God, and her shining light led me to an old fashioned Altar in October 1987. Good took out my bad things, and replaced it with his Spirit, and never wanted to ever return to the Hog Trough I used to live in..
Really the thread title says it all, but I will expand a little just to ask this; can someone actively in the midst of drug addiction, not recovery, be a christian? If no, why not? If yes, how is that reconciled?
Spoken as a true soldier disciple. The invisible attributes of the Lord are plain to see in your words of encouragement. Jesus is the way!!!Any person can be a Christian, no matter their scars, addictions, their past or their present. Moses Killed a man and God called Him to lead His people, rahab was a prostitute and is in Hebrews hall of faith, saul, was imprisoning believers and approved of the killing of an apostle, held the coats of those stoning Him in approval. His purpose was to destroy Christianity. God gave Him a new name, and He penned over half of the new testament......many other unknown Christians have many issues in their past, opresent and even future.
God is able to heal and deliver us, Jesus died for us while we were all sinners in many ways. Yes, God is all about accepting the worst of us who are struggling and showing His glory by changing our Lives, in the name of His Son Jesus Christ.
yes.
Wonderful testimony. Sorry, for your loss of your better half. God only loans us people in our lives. They are his gifts to us. Keep walking straight with The Lord, and you will find it is going to be worth it all..God Bless!
Yes you can be a Christian but it sounds to me like you are also reaching out for help as well I do not know what drugs you are talking about but please try to get help with this problem God will love you and walk with you on your road to recovery if you let him and believe that you are worth more in life then where your at now please get help do not loose faith it will take time and patience
if that is what you are talking about then it is a matter of a personal perception of the word. Every Christian and person has their own belief of what the word means I could say God would be okay with x,,y,z, and someone else can say oh no that is not allowed at all. It all boils down to the persons own relationship with God. If one thinks it is wrong and talks to God about fixing the problem then I think God would be forgiving if someone is flat out basically sinning on purpose with no intention on repenting then No God will not take to kind to that.I appreciate the concern, but no, I wasn't reaching out for help. It was an honest question based on how I see people react to various sins and people's eligibility to be Christians. I have a difficult time wrapping my head around how some sins can be deemed as acceptable while others will make you ineligible for salvation.
it is a matter of a personal perception of the word. Every Christian and person has their own belief of what the word means I could say God would be okay with x,,y,z, and someone else can say oh no that is not allowed at all. It all boils down to the persons own relationship with God.
How fortunate we are in that the Lord, God of heaven and earth, being jealous for us, defines with precision the one sin that would keep us from glory. True treasure, what a promise, the future is bright!!!I appreciate the concern, but no, I wasn't reaching out for help. It was an honest question based on how I see people react to various sins and people's eligibility to be Christians. I have a difficult time wrapping my head around how some sins can be deemed as acceptable while others will make you ineligible for salvation.
You are so right, and God is God. I have had a very colorful life, I have been all those things detrimental to life, and hated by society. Who I am today is proof of glory. I was a heroin addict, crack smoker, methhead, I ran with the grateful dead. When I cried to God I was more than broken Jeremiah 33:3. He has given me abundant life. Sure, we all suffer from what I call the human condition. An intimate relationship can only begin with constant communication, talking with the Lord is second to nothing, amen.