Can a man love ONLY ONE woman?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Is it possible that a woman can love only one man?
Hello Kim82,

It seems that in an intimate relationship between a man and a woman ...... all things are possible with God.

However, without God, the Love offered by man or woman is fleeting......like the morning dew when the sun appears.....

What do you think....:unsure:

Can a woman love only one man or a man love only one woman?

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Job was a man like this.... I pray for a man with Job's heart in this matter... In chapter 31 he said,"Why should I look upon a young woman to lust after her?
And also:
"If my heart has been enticed by a woman, or if I have lurked at my neighbour's door, may my wife grind for another, and let others kneel down over her, for that would be a lustful crime, moreover it would be an iniquity punishable by judges,"
lol I love it!!! What a guy👌
So yes... although extremely rare, these guys do exist🤗🙏🏻X

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Hello Kim82,

It seems that in an intimate relationship between a man and a woman ...... all things are possible with God.

However, without God, the Love offered by man or woman is fleeting......like the morning dew when the sun appears.....

I know I as a woman can love only one man, when I was married to someone who starved me of affection and love I was still devoted to him and loved him for 15 years... and it ismy heart's desire to live only one man... the thought of loving more than one just ruins it for me. In fact, if marriage is supposed to illustrate Jesus and the Church, then there is only one Jesus and there is only 'one body of Christ' who He is returning for... so I want the real deal.... I would rather be on my own than in a polygamous marriage or one where the man gave his heart and eyes to another aswell as me ugh.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Hello Kim82,

Also the fact that the Bible tells husbands to love their wives, lay their lives down for their wives, treat them like they would their own body...means it is possible especially when there is instruction for deacons to be the husband of one wife (1 Tim.3)... so yes! there is hope☺️❤️

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
no, I love many women

Love my Mother she is women, love my sister she is a woman, I love my daughters they are women . I love my Grandmother she too was a woman. I love my wife she is a woman. I love a lot of women.
There are very different types of love🙂

S

Susanna

Well, can he love just one woman? Can he?😁

M

morefaithrequired

we are called to love everyone. even strangers.
a more direct question might be...
Can a man be sexually attracted to one woman all their life and stay faithful to them?
Yes it can be done. the sexually attracted part might chsnge as we mature to a more companion style attraction. Problem is you open a can of worms by trying to answer that question...😁

S

Susanna

Can a man be sexually attracted to one woman all their life and stay faithful to them?
Yes it can be done. the sexually attracted part might chsnge as we mature to a more companion style attraction. Problem is you open a can of worms by trying to answer that question...😁
I can handle it😁.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Not really... the answer to this is in Song of Solomon... where

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
.....I still stand by my original post (#11) a year ago on page one.....

It is possible to love only one woman.

To want more than one woman (simultaneously) is not of love.

(we are not speaking of attraction, or the love we have for neighbors or parents... but the love a caring husband has for his wife...)

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Not really... the answer to this is in Song of Solomon... where
Oh no🙈I accidentally hit the 'post reply' button lol...ahem..so...I was trying to say that the answer to this and the OP is in Proverbs 5 verse 19, in fact this has now become one of my favourite verses🤗because it is all about faithfulness!🤗🙏🏻Thank you Lord🙏🏻

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
.....I still stand by my original post (#11) a year ago on page one.....

It is possible to love only one woman.

To want more than one woman (simultaneously) is not of love.

(we are not speaking of attraction, or the love we have for neighbors or parents... but the love a caring husband has for his wife...)
THIS.... has made my day🤗👌..... it's so wise it I am liberating....'we are not speaking of attraction ... but the love a caring husband has for his wife...🤗🤗🤗...Thank you for this! May the Lord bless you🙏🏻

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
THIS.... has made my day🤗👌..... it's so wise it I am liberating....'we are not speaking of attraction ... but the love a caring husband has for his wife...🤗🤗🤗...Thank you for this! May the Lord bless you🙏🏻
Typo/error sorry- it's so wise it is liberating...

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Proverbs 5 verse 15, and verse 21 are pretty good aswell👌