Can be gay and a Christian?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
No you're right..what you say is completely right. Those examples would definitely apply to me too.

I usually chime in because while what you say is completely true for our walk, I just strive to encourage believers to also know that there's a final destination to all the walking; an entrance into the promised land. We're not walking for the sake of walking. We're trying to get somewhere.

While the Master will definitely keep our sandals from wearing down during this walk (amen, amen), that doesn't mean we have to walk in circles in the same wilderness until we die ("wilderness" here being a metaphor for a particular vice or difficult personal sin). And I'm not implying you're saying that Jewel, nor arguing with your point or with a point you haven't made. I'm just sharing my intentions for adding my two cents to this thread.

Be blessed.
AMEN..i kinda like your 2 cents..thanks for sharing ;)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
That is the false narrative you are suggesting, none is casting stones. In addition, no is judging them. Yourself righteousness is very telling. The point of saved and resisting sin over still walking in sin. Just saying a little prayer without surrendering so one can still do what they want. I’m not talking about a Christian who is saved and is struggling with sin as you do and I and everyone. And you are very rude so don’t speak to me about open minded. I find it funny you claim one is judging yet you judge yourself that is a hypocrite would you not agree. Stop teaching it's ok to sin just because you like what you do and lack self-control don't place your weakness and unwillingness to be free onothers Read Luke 4:18-19 .

were done.

Your quote..

"....Stop teaching it's ok to sin just because you like what you do and lack self-control don't place your weakness and unwillingness to be free onothers Read Luke 4:18-19 ."...LIES..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Hey CS1. I think what you said here (in bold) is the crux of the matter. Emphasis on lead, because it is a process. You know how fruit takes time to bear in real life on a tree? We too as believers take time to bear fruit, some faster than others. It isn't normalizing sin to say that sanctification is progressive, and over time the Lord works on our character. This, of course, is no excuse for sin but we must keep in mind the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice for our sin. If we do sin (as it says in 1 John 2) we have an Advocate with the Father (Hebrews 7:25 - Jesus our High Priest interceding on our behalf forever, able to save us completely).

God will sanctify us (and has set us apart); we are His workmanship and He will finish the good work He has started.
Yes...santification is a PROCESS..as God 'shows and convicts" us and we start to change..God doesnt have a magic wand and all of a sudden were "cured" of all sins...but through HIM..ALL things are made possible..even overcoming the perversion of being gay..but IN that sanctification process..we DONT lose our salvation..if THAT were the case..NONE of us would be saved because none of us are fully sanctified this side of heaven and without sin...if we all waited umtil we were "good enough" to be saved..again..none would achieve it and then we get into the works=salvation arguement..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I agree with you and you are not submitting a false narrative in context to the Thread title. There is a false teaching that you can be gay and it's Ok because everyone sins. That is not true. We should have victory over the sin AS Christ did should we not? So does the fruit of the Spirit show up in one’s life without the person demonstrating the fruit in their life? Is you who has self-control or not given tom you by the Holy Spirit? Is you who is to be a witness or not? Is it you who is obeying or not? Or do we just float through life never having victory over homosexuality or whatever it is the sin we continue to do? Never attaining.

2Ti 3:7 “Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”

Then they teach other to sin is ok read Isiah

Isa 28:15 You boast, “We have struck a bargain to cheat death
and have made a deal to dodge the grave.[fn]
The coming destruction can never touch us,
for we have built a strong refuge made of lies and deception.”

they know what we mean they are just trying to make other feel better about sining. a watered down gospel message because they have loved ones who are gay or know people who cannot overcome it. Instead of asking how can they overcome or why they cannot overcome? They make false teachings to deal with emotional expression over speaking truth in love.

1. They say you are judging yet they judge you
2. They use other sins as example to justify homosexuality or their own sin

3. play with sin because they love what they do as Rom 1 says.
Dont lie about me just bevause you dont agree n understand what i say..you are wrong on SO MANY levels in your comment that its truly sad!

CS1

May 23, 2012
Yes...santification is a PROCESS..as God 'shows and convicts" us and we start to change..God doesnt have a magic wand and all of a sudden were "cured" of all sins...but through HIM..ALL things are made possible..even overcoming the perversion of being gay..but IN that sanctification process..we DONT lose our salvation..if THAT were the case..NONE of us would be saved because none of us are fully sanctified this side of heaven and without sin...if we all waited umtil we were "good enough" to be saved..again..none would achieve it and then we get into the works=salvation arguement..
Again strawman, no one has said they have lost their salvation. Why do they resort to this false Narrative? The idea that you are still gay after being saved as some here are suggesting is not true. So if you do not lose your salvation as many seem to think one has said here, which I know I have not. Why is it they insist on keeping a term that describes what they were before being saved, Born-again, or regenerated?

Are you not a NEW creature in Christ Jesus? On the other hand, are you a saved gay person in Christ Jesus? DO you identify with the sin or the Savior? That is what I am talking about .

CS1

May 23, 2012
Dont lie about me just bevause you dont agree n understand what i say..you are wrong on SO MANY levels in your comment that its truly sad!
lie about you ? I did not even mention I was speaking in third Person. But if you are convicted don't blame me . I did not even mention other then you are rude :). I do not give you that much thought. You can be assured I was not speaking about you but if the shoe fits there you go . hey Im thought we were done?

CS1

May 23, 2012
If those here want to identify with sin, do so. If you want to claim being a gay Christian, please do. If identifying with sin instead of Christ, because to identify with Christ is teaching you can lose your salvation go ahead. You can be saved in your sin and claim to be what sin you have struggle with instead of speaking what The Word of God says you are now that your saved. LOL they yell at you “YOU ARE SAYING YOU CAN LOSE YOUR SALVATION “ but won’t accept the word of God on His transforming power . Nope if you were gay and are saved you are a saved Gay Christian instead of Christ saving you from Homosexuality , or drunkenness, or lack of self-control. Matt 23 in the NLT for you Sadducees & pharisees . lol,

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Again strawman, no one has said they have lost their salvation. Why do they resort to this false Narrative? The idea that you are still gay after being saved as some here are suggesting is not true. So if you do not lose your salvation as many seem to think one has said here, which I know I have not. Why is it they insist on keeping a term that describes what they were before being saved, Born-again, or regenerated?

Are you not a NEW creature in Christ Jesus? On the other hand, are you a saved gay person in Christ Jesus? DO you identify with the sin or the Savior? That is what I am talking about .
Lol..for 1..im not gay..please stop suggestimg as much..for 2..we ALL are in the PROCESS of sanctification and in the PROCESS of becoming a "new creature" with Christs help

But..im pretty much sayimg and agreeing with BENFTW and YOU agreed with him as well and youre implying and calling me (indirectly of course) all kinds of names..why agrer with 1 n not the other when im sayimg the same thing except "simplified"..hmmmmm

CS1

May 23, 2012
Lol..for 1..im not gay..please stop suggestimg as much..for 2..we ALL are in the PROCESS of sanctification and in the PROCESS of becoming a "new creature" with Christs help

But..im pretty much sayimg and agreeing with BENFTW and YOU agreed with him as well and youre implying and calling me (indirectly of course) all kinds of names..why agrer with 1 n not the other when im sayimg the same thing except "simplified"..hmmmmm
No i am not implying anything about you. I wish I was so you would be correct in your assertion, but I am not. Please know the “You,” “they” and “them” is in context to those who do identify teach or identify with sin over Christ. thank you

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
@CS1...

YOU are saying..you CANT be a christian n be gay

I am saying..YES YOU CAN ..bevause

IF you are still leading a perverted rebellious life KNOWINGLY you wouldnt want to be part of a religion that says you are living a perperted lifestle is wrong n to NOT DO IT ANYMORE...(no worries there)
But..

IF you have accepted Jesus as Lord n Saviour and are in the PROCESS of LEANING..CONVICTION AND SANCTIFICATION bevause you HAVENT known previous to them being saved that the gay lifestyle is wrong and WHY GOD sees it as wrong and still strugglimg in that temptation..then..

YES..THAT PERSON IS STILL A CHRISTIAN AND TRYING TO LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY..

I have pointed this out to you numerois timed in different ways and dont know your lack of understanding...baffles me...

CS1

May 23, 2012
@CS1...

IF you are still leading a perverted rebellious life KNOWINGLY you wouldnt want to be part of a religion that says you are living a perperted lifestle is wrong n to NOT DO IT ANYMORE...(no worries there)
But..

IF you have accepted Jesus as Lord n Saviour and are in the PROCESS of LEANING..CONVICTION AND SANCTIFICATION bevause you HAVENT known previous to them being saved that the gay lifestyle is wrong and WHY GOD sees it as wrong and still strugglimg in that temptation..then..

I have pointed this out to you numerois timed in different ways and dont know your lack of understanding...baffles me...
the word of God does not show anywhere in the Bible as Christian Identify with sin over Christ. That is a false teaching Thank you for being honest too. This is why I took a hard line on this topic Thread and you have proved just how dangerous your thinking and I am speaking now about you in context to your statement. Romans 6, 7, and 8 speak directly to WE ARE DEAD TO SIN we do not Identify with sin; Christ is our identification after one is saved. You cannot be hot or cold you cannot be saved and claim being gay and saved. Nope. Jesus said GO and SIN NO MORE .

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
@CS1..anyway..no worries..i actually think we believe the same just 2 different ways of communicating it and of course talking from our own perspective and knowlege of the Bible like we all do

TRUCE..WHITE FLAG..

Screenshot_2018-09-11-14-43-43.png

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
the word of God does not show anywhere in the Bible as Christian Identify with sin over Christ. That is a false teaching Thank you for being honest too. This is why I took a hard line on this topic Thread and you have proved just how dangerous your thinking and I am speaking now about you in context to your statement. Romans 6, 7, and 8 speak directly to WE ARE DEAD TO SIN we do not Identify with sin; Christ is our identification after one is saved. You cannot be hot or cold you cannot be saved and claim being gay and saved. Nope. Jesus said GO and SIN NO MORE .
If you werent so hell bent on being RIGHT youd see the hilarity of your comments...:)

Some people just always have to be right even when theyre WRONG (talking bout you)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Hold on a moment. Being Gay isn't something a person can just give up like peanut M&Ms and being celibate dosn't make them less gay. It takes a metamorphisis of mind and body to accomplish it. We are not talking bi, that's just an opertunistic way to get laid bet an un-natural attraction to ones own sex and often a repulsion to the opposite sex. It may require a miracle for some to change even though they know it's wrong.

CS1

May 23, 2012
@CS1...

But..

"IF you have accepted Jesus as Lord n Saviour and are in the PROCESS of LEANING..CONVICTION AND SANCTIFICATION bevause you HAVENT known previous to them being saved that the gay lifestyle is wrong and WHY GOD sees it as wrong and still strugglimg in that temptation..then.."

make excuses I do not know anyone who got saved and the normative of YOU are a NEW Creature in Christ Jesus was not explained and one being saved was be told you are still gay until you learn not to be . LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL ,

CS1

May 23, 2012
If you werent so hell bent on being RIGHT youd see the hilarity of your comments...:)
I’m not hell bent , I refused to see a false narratives which you have agreed with.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Hold on a moment. Being Gay isn't something a person can just give up like peanut M&Ms and being celibate dosn't make them less gay. It takes a metamorphisis of mind and body to accomplish it. We are not talking bi, that's just an opertunistic way to get laid bet an un-natural attraction to ones own sex and often a repulsion to the opposite sex. It may require a miracle for some to change even though they know it's wrong.

CS1 thinks the chamge should be immediate apparently or youre not truly a saved christian..cause you cant be both..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I’m not hell bent , I refused to see a false narratives which you have agreed with.
Youre right.."you refuse to see"..THAT says it all..

CS1

May 23, 2012
first off metamorphisis transformation from an immature form to an adult form in two or more distinct stages. That is unbiblical in context to homosexuality. In a Biblical world view CHrist is the Factor of tranformation. the only stage we need is the Cross and faith in HIM. The miracle that makes this happen is called Salvation aka Born-again.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
CS1 thinks the chamge should be immediate apparently or youre not truly a saved christian..cause you cant be both..
Some people think that when people are truly saved they immedatly start speaking in tongues also. I think that we should forgive them for being neive.